The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Big Ol' List of Distractions...Feel Free to Add!

Anything related to matters of the mind

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Distractions are the number one thing that prevent people on the sidewalk like myself from doing anything of value.

In this thread, I would like to provide a nice list of distractions that prevent any kind of productivity.

Now this is not in any particular order or anything. There isn't like a "most to least distracting" aspect of this list, it's just a list of distractions that I have come up with.

Feel free to add to this or talk about how damaging the distraction is. I'd like to make this a living document of sorts where more and more information gets added.

Here's what I have. Again, feel free to add/determine how harmful they are compared to others.

-Video games
-Social Media
-Adult movies/videos
-YouTube (anything on YouTube not just dumb stuff)
-Forums (even this one)
-Discord/Slack/other chatrooms
-The opposite sex (or same sex, whichever one you are sexually attracted to)
-Webinars that have low value and end with selling you something for $9997 after
-Sports as Hobbies
-Streaming video stuff (Twitch/Netflix/HBOGo/Disney+
-Any social/political discussion
-Current events/news
-Scripted friends/family
-Podcasts
-Junk food
-Drugs/Alcohol
-Religion (what ARE you doing when you go to church/temple/mosque that you couldn't do by yourself?)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Distractions are the number one thing that prevent people on the sidewalk like myself from doing anything of value.

In this thread, I would like to provide a nice list of distractions that prevent any kind of productivity.

Now this is not in any particular order or anything. There isn't like a "most to least distracting" aspect of this list, it's just a list of distractions that I have come up with.

Feel free to add to this or talk about how damaging the distraction is. I'd like to make this a living document of sorts where more and more information gets added.

Here's what I have. Again, feel free to add/determine how harmful they are compared to others.

-Video games
-Social Media
-Adult movies/videos
-Forums (even this one)
-Webinars that have low value and end with selling you something for $9997 after
-Sports as Hobbies
-Current events/news
-Scripted friends/family
-Podcasts
-Junk food
-Drugs/Alcohol
-Religion (what ARE you doing when you go to church/temple/mosque that you couldn't do by yourself?)
-This list

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
That list is good Enough lol.

BTW it’s important to learn and Value time management over these above list.

A good entrepreneur Knows about this term as keyword: RGA - Revenue Generating Activities.

RGA:
1) Marketing/Prospecting for new leads
2) Solving a problem in current marketplace
3) Improving and refining the sales and marketing process.
4) Setup for JV deals
5) Create a sure-fire way Systems
6) Hiring assistant and smart people

Non-RGA:
1) Playing pinball, FarmVille, candy crush while at desk job
2) Playing solitaire on windows 95
3) Wasting time with high school friends with drinks

Here is the meat with appetizer: 4% RGA leads to 64% Business Revenue

Bella

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 19, 2020

-Video games
-Social Media
-Adult movies/videos
-Forums (even this one)
-Sports as Hobbies
-Current events/news
-Scripted friends/family
-Podcasts
-Junk food
-Drugs/Alcohol
Not sure if I am mistaken or not but, shouldn't distractions be stuff that have little to no value whatsoever? Basically time and energy wasters?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Not sure if I am mistaken or not but, shouldn't distractions be stuff that have little to no value whatsoever? Basically time and energy wasters?
Yeah. Most of those things I listed have little to no value. Think there is a different thread about this but there is this video by Sam Ovens called "Death by 1000 cuts; how you waste time" and the list I made is inspired by that.

Even stuff that we think is high value like taking courses and going to your place of worship can turn into an action fake very quickly and thus a distraction.

Dora Wi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 19, 2020
Hungary
I have one thing to add: "productive" activities that are not actually necessary to do or could easily be delegated to someone else - for example, tasks you think about as high-priority which are actually unimportant or irrelevant, responsibilities you took on even though you don't have the time, etc.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

Please SEARCH before posting.