The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Better way to package information than "ebook"?

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
Hey everyone -

I have done a good bit of consulting on a topic where the results have been good enough for my initial clients (friends) to refer me to their friends, etc. I've asked in these engagements if they think their friends would buy the information packaged in a book or some type of info product - the answer was a resounding yes.

We all know though, that resounding yes means nothing until someone that i don't know actually clicks buy. So.. I'm going to be testing demand for an informational product that includes a process I've taught in my consulting before actually creating the product. There isn't any product specific to this on the market that I've seen.

I'm essentially going to create a sales page and drive traffic to it from major sources like FB/Google and gauge demand based on buy clicks (send consumer to a coming soon / out of stock page), and run the numbers based on acquisition cost. Even if acquisition cost isn't optimal, if there is decent enough demand in general I'll run with it.

With that rambling background out of the way, here's my question to you guys:

The best medium to create this product is in some type of ebook or PDF, as its a "step by step" process to getting results that someone wants. That being said, an ebook is not high perceived value so wondering if you guys have any ideas of how to "package" this process. Its not entirely long, so a video course isn't warranted. Maybe its as simple as calling it something different that an ebook?

My market is young (but a massive market), think 18-28, so an eBook is not necessarily "exciting" to them, but my hypothesis is that they'll really want the benefits the product has to offer (if its created in the end). Any insight on a good way to package the benefits to create the highest value in the eye of the prospect would be greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Hey everyone -

I have done a good bit of consulting on a topic where the results have been good enough for my initial clients (friends) to refer me to their friends, etc. I've asked in these engagements if they think their friends would buy the information packaged in a book or some type of info product - the answer was a resounding yes.

We all know though, that resounding yes means nothing until someone that i don't know actually clicks buy. So.. I'm going to be testing demand for an informational product that includes a process I've taught in my consulting before actually creating the product. There isn't any product specific to this on the market that I've seen.

I'm essentially going to create a sales page and drive traffic to it from major sources like FB/Google and gauge demand based on buy clicks (send consumer to a coming soon / out of stock page), and run the numbers based on acquisition cost. Even if acquisition cost isn't optimal, if there is decent enough demand in general I'll run with it.

With that rambling background out of the way, here's my question to you guys:

The best medium to create this product is in some type of ebook or PDF, as its a "step by step" process to getting results that someone wants. That being said, an ebook is not high perceived value so wondering if you guys have any ideas of how to "package" this process. Its not entirely long, so a video course isn't warranted. Maybe its as simple as calling it something different that an ebook?

My market is young (but a massive market), think 18-28, so an eBook is not necessarily "exciting" to them, but my hypothesis is that they'll really want the benefits the product has to offer (if its created in the end). Any insight on a good way to package the benefits to create the highest value in the eye of the prospect would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe an app? That demographic would likely find it odd if it didn't have an app to walk them through it. Possibly a click through mix of text and video via mobile either way if not an actual "app".

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
We're gonna need to know a little bit more than that.

Sometimes, an ebook or physical book is as good as it gets. Other times, a short (or long) video course is a better alternative.

Sometimes, it's best offered as a group of articles. Maybe a report, or a case study. People tend not to pay for these anymore (except in very important business cases).

Maybe it's a lot of information and is best offered as a subscription. The above poster mentioned an app; that could be good, but unlikely for pure information; an app could be excellent for something that judges performance or keeps track of progress.

High perceived value needs to take into account what information they're actually getting. Just because it's an ebook doesn't mean it's low perceived value. If this information you're offering simply cannot be found on Google or in books on Amazon, then an ebook might be very high value.

Also gotta take into account distribution potential as well. A physical book could end up in bookstores and sell millions of copies. A physical book makes it look more 'legit' on Amazon, too. An app could see absurd amounts of reach without you paying a dime for it.

Overall though you've given basically no information

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.