The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

best video editing software?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
Hey guys, I looked for the right forum for this question, I thought I would ask here. Hopefully, there are developers and designers are on this thread.

I have a growing Facebook niche topic page. I also have a Twitter account, Instagram and LinkedIn. I am starting a YouTube channel for it as well. I am growing all these channels and I want to launch a website for it in the next few months. I am not a video editor. Once its up and running and earning a little $$$ I plan to hire social editors to create the content.

I have started creating custom video for it, launching them on FB and IG. I don't want to spend more than I need to. I am looking at video editors now and I need some advice.

Here is what I am looking at;
Adobe Premiere Pro - $20/month - expensive, apparently the best.
Adobe Rush - $10/month - it looks good, but I am afraid it might be limited.
iMovie - currently using this but its limited for what I want to do.
LumaFusion - $30 one time fee - supposed to be great, but I'm not sure.

All I need the video editor to do is create polished news videos for social media. I am adding in comments and dialoge boxes over footage, along with my logo. And also create different sizes for the different social platforms(1x1 for IG, etc). Apparently this is harder than it seems in iMovie, takes a lot longer than I want to. My last 2-minute video took 2 hours +.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
I'm using Kapwing rn. Pretty good and easy to learn.
after I posted this I downloaded Adobe Rush and it has everything I need and is really easy to use. Going to give that a try but open to any other suggestions. :thumbsup:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
For PC, I've been recommended Adobe Premiere as being the best, and also really easy to use.

I can attest that it was in fact easy, as I had an employee who has never made a video before, edit together a video in Premiere very quickly and the result was great. He said it was simple and intuitive to do.

kavitabhaskar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 24, 2020
India
Well I used Corel video studio & Lumen 5 ( Doesn't require advance technical ability ) when i started to learn how to edit videos and then i moved to Adobe premiere pro . So u can start with them & can use youtube to learn how to get professional at it

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
It depends on what you need.
From my experience, After Effects is the best. But I've never tried Premiere Pro.
If you need 3D vfx Cinema 4D is another good one.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Maybe @Valier Would like to chip in as he has a lot of experience in this field.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
Of the free software available, I've heard good things about DaVinci Resolve. I maybe edited like 1 video with it? I have zero clue about editing and it was pretty user-friendly.

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London
Hey guys, I looked for the right forum for this question, I thought I would ask here. Hopefully, there are developers and designers are on this thread.

I have a growing Facebook niche topic page. I also have a Twitter account, Instagram and LinkedIn. I am starting a YouTube channel for it as well. I am growing all these channels and I want to launch a website for it in the next few months. I am not a video editor. Once its up and running and earning a little $$$ I plan to hire social editors to create the content.

I have started creating custom video for it, launching them on FB and IG. I don't want to spend more than I need to. I am looking at video editors now and I need some advice.

All I need the video editor to do is create polished news videos for social media. I am adding in comments and dialoge boxes over footage, along with my logo. And also create different sizes for the different social platforms(1x1 for IG, etc). Apparently this is harder than it seems in iMovie, takes a lot longer than I want to. My last 2-minute video took 2 hours +.

Hey buddy,

So I've been running my own YT channel, and one of the big USP's of my channel is the editing.

In my personal opinion, Premiere is the best. It gives you the most flexibility and tools - although depending on what you want, that can sometimes be an overkill.

But I would also say that if you're going to go with Premiere Pro, then I recommend going for the "all adobe programs" plan (something like £30 a month) - because Premiere Pro combined with After Effects is killer.

Having said that though, these things do take a little bit of a learning curve.

But again, that may not be what you're after. If you want something basic, with standard editing tools plus extra- then go for only premiere pro.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
But I would also say that if you're going to go with Premiere Pro, then I recommend going for the "all adobe programs" plan (something like £30 a month) - because Premiere Pro combined with After Effects is killer.

Hey, thanks. I started with Adobe Rush last night and it was very easy and has what I need, but I can see how it will be limited as I go more custom in my formats. I want to do the full Adobe subscription, but its $50/mo and I want to see if I can get some traction with my early videos. Adobe Rush is $10/mo to start.

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London
Hey, thanks. I started with Adobe Rush last night and it was very easy and has what I need, but I can see how it will be limited as I go more custom in my formats. I want to do the full Adobe subscription, but its $50/mo and I want to see if I can get some traction with my early videos. Adobe Rush is $10/mo to start.

Never used Adobe Rush - but it sounds like it might be right for what you're looking for!

In any case, you can always upgrade later.

Oh, and little tip: if you try to cancel your adobe subscription, they'll offer you 60 days free as an incentive to stay!

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
In parallel use DaVinci Resolve and see if that fits your needs. It's full featured, and free. I'm pretty confident it will do everything you need.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I REALLY love sony vegas, was really easy to learn IMO

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
@puckman

I've used most pro-level programs mentioned here professionally, but for your intended purpose, I'd say go with Sony Vegas Pro. It's now called Vegas Pro, and the latest version is Vegas Pro 17.

It's more intuitive and cleaner than Premiere Pro. It's also cheaper, in the long run.

Davinci Resolve is free and as capable as these, but has a few limitations (which most likely don't matter to you). So give it a try too.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Oh, and little tip: if you try to cancel your adobe subscription, they'll offer you 60 days free as an incentive to stay!

I came across that when I went to close one account as I had opened a student account (which offers a substantial discount). And it is worth noting that a friend told me after I signed up that he got a student discount just by filling in the student signup form rather than the regular one. No checks in place it seems.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019

davinci resolve.

It's free and people are moving from premier to resolve. I have not used it yet but there is a good word for it.

I have used premier it is also good, but it's paid.

newzzy2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2019
It depends on each specific situation, but if we're talking about full support and complex editing of video files, I would Adobe Premiere Pro as well. Talking of software and different applications, you should understand that there are dozens of apps which were developed for specific needs. When our company had to develop our own program we've asked guys from miquido for those purposes. And I'm glad that they made it as fast as possible.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.