The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best single supplment for Anxiety/ADHD/Concentration/Depression

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
not talking about a magic pill and cure for everything but if you have any kind of high stress or overstimulated nervous system(a lot of entrepreneurs are in high stress), chances are high you are in GABA deficient mode.
And to increase it you should try L-Theanine... Its a compound of green tea. But in pills 25times higher concentrated. L-Theanine increases the production in the Brain for Gaba.

If you try it, take it on empty stomach in the morning and don't take it with other amino acids.

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

QueueQueue

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 12, 2016
Ontario, Canada
L-Theanine combos well with caffeine to offset jitteriness. You can buy large quantities of it as bulk powder for very cheap. Definitely recommend.

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
Hey Vanderbilt (are your dutch?)

I can only recommend Ashwagandha for stress relief, depression & anxiety. It has a variety of positive effects including for working out and muscle growth, libido, and day to day energy.

Why this is relevant to your question is that I take it every day for Corsidol (stress hormone) Reduction. Ashwagandha somehow makes shit things bounce off you more and not affect you as stressfully as normal. Pretty chill actually.

I started taking it in my last shredding program to burn fat faster as corsidol is a fight or flight hormone and with those hormones fat is more easily stored (probably for the hard times ahead). When I stopped taking it stress and anxiety crept back into my life more easily, easier to trigger.

Taking this should help with
Here is a link, this guy can explain the benefits better than me:

View: https://youtu.be/A_lZQgW73y4

For ADHD learning to meditate and focus on presence will help you no end.

[Edit] and daily portion of cod liver oil and a healthy diet!! CLO is really affective for focus and concentration and a ton of other things (though not yet scientifically proven yet I think)

For helping with your focus? ah...my old friend Modafinil. As a diagnosed ADHD person Modafinil is prescribed in the Netherlands to treat the concentration issues but it has the added benefit that it helps reset your sleep rhythm if you have trouble sleeping.

Good luck

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Hey Vanderbilt (are your dutch?)

I can only recommend Ashwagandha for stress relief, depression & anxiety. It has a variety of positive effects including for working out and muscle growth, libido, and day to day energy.

Why this is relevant to your question is that I take it every day for Corsidol (stress hormone) Reduction. Ashwagandha somehow makes shit things bounce off you more and not affect you as stressfully as normal. Pretty chill actually.

I started taking it in my last shredding program to burn fat faster as corsidol is a fight or flight hormone and with those hormones fat is more easily stored (probably for the hard times ahead). When I stopped taking it stress and anxiety crept back into my life more easily, easier to trigger.

Taking this should help with
Here is a link, this guy can explain the benefits better than me:

View: https://youtu.be/A_lZQgW73y4

For ADHD learning to meditate and focus on presence will help you no end.

[Edit] and daily portion of cod liver oil and a healthy diet!! CLO is really affective for focus and concentration and a ton of other things (though not yet scientifically proven yet I think)

For helping with your focus? ah...my old friend Modafinil. As a diagnosed ADHD person Modafinil is prescribed in the Netherlands to treat the concentration issues but it has the added benefit that it helps reset your sleep rhythm if you have trouble sleeping.

Good luck

Nah iam not Dutch, got the name from a book. Iam from Germany.

The things you listed i already know, i like ashwagandha but it comes not close to L-Theanine brotha, try it, because you help your brain producing more GABA, i know people they dont use Modafinil(really strange side effects) anymore they use now L-Theanine. I wouldnt post this without getting a lot of feedback from friends. It helps with concentration a lot.

iam pretty sure L-Theanine will help a big percentage of people, dealing with overstimulation, multi taskin stress, thinking to much, being busy all day...Everything that push your tension, people get less relaxed nowadays. And if your are under tension all day, your bloodpressure goes up and starts a shitty cicle. it also have to do with Brain Waves, but i will not go into details, you can research yourself that stuff.

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands

The things you listed i already know, i like ashwagandha but it comes not close L-Theanine brotha, try it, because you help your brain producing more GABA, i know people they dont use Modafinil(really strange side effects) anymore they use now L-Theanine. I wouldnt post this without getting a lot of feedback from friends. It helps with concentration a lot.

Cool good to know mate! I have never had side affects from Modafinil, but everyone is different. Will look into L-Theanine later this evening.

I live on the boarder (grenze) of nord-rheine westfalen btw.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Edit: whoops, I thought this was a question. Oh well, here's my answer anyway:

Okay, I'm an avid biohacker who's I've struggled with ADHD my whole life and this is a complex question. In general the answer is Adderall/Ritalin/Modafinil. I believe that Neurofeedback provides a permanent solution. I'm actually starting it this week, so I can't speak from personal experience yet, but it certainly seems promising.

Other meds/supplements :

From this thread:

I'll let you know how the Neurofeedback goes, but it seems promising.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Edit: whoops, I thought this was a question. Oh well, here's my answer anyway:

Okay, I'm an avid biohacker who's I've struggled with ADHD my whole life and this is a complex question. In general the answer is Adderall/Ritalin/Modafinil. I believe that Neurofeedback provides a permanent solution. I'm actually starting it this week, so I can't speak from personal experience yet, but it certainly seems promising.

Other meds/supplements :

View attachment 25996

From this thread:

I'll let you know how the Neurofeedback goes, but it seems promising.
I know neurofeedback and it works very good in my expirience and specially for panic attacks . Good luck to you

AlexDep89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Feb 6, 2018
Belgium
A year back I was diagnosed with ADD. Not by a regular doctor but after intensive screening by a neurologist (CT scan ,EEG, long interview) combined with a half day of tests with a neuropsychologist and a 10 page questionaire in 5 fold. One for my parents and two for my two sisters (i'm 30, they use this questionaire to be sure its ADD which it there from birth or develops during early childhood) and also one for my girlfrend. (I like to mention this extensive screening because these thays, it seems everybody uses ADD / ADHD as an excuse, a fashionable illness,... while for many the diagonose is not even there, or in some countries a regular M.D. might say: you have ADD just because you say you can't concentrate).

Now, I was prescribed several kinds of drugs, and all of them left me with symptoms of depression and a whole in my pocket (they were expensive).

I don't use any of them anymore. But I did find one thing that is much cheaper and helps me allot and that is CBD oil. (Reseach has show that CBD oil helps the body in regulating Dopamine & Cortisol, two hormones that people with ADD / ADHD struggle with).

Mind you CBD is not THC. So i'm not getting high or something. I don't actually feel the CBD. All i realise after a day has pased, that I was more focused, relaxed but also more motivated.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
[Laughs in Clonazepam and Sleepytime Extra]

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands

The things you listed i already know, i like ashwagandha but it comes not close to L-Theanine brotha, try it, because you help your brain producing more GABA, i know people they dont use Modafinil(really strange side effects) anymore they use now L-Theanine. I wouldnt post this without getting a lot of feedback from friends. It helps with concentration a lot.

iam pretty sure L-Theanine will help a big percentage of people, dealing with overstimulation, multi taskin stress, thinking to much, being busy all day...Everything that push your tension, people get less relaxed nowadays. And if your are under tension all day, your bloodpressure goes up and starts a shitty cicle. it also have to do with Brain Waves, but i will not go into details, you can research yourself that stuff.

Okay @Vanderbilt the test has begun.

L-theanine 400 mg tablets have arrived and I have been taking them every day for 5 days now.

First impressions: the fear of approaching awkward or difficult tasks has lessened. I have definitely boosted productivity and somewhat my focus. This still could be a placebo affect, we will see over the next few weeks.

Compared to a 200mg tablet of modafinil, L-theanine is a lot more subtle. Maybe it will take time to build up a reserve in my body before similar results can be felt. Modafinal I feel it pretty significantly to the point when the pill kicks in, the room and screen I am looking at begin to brighten. I still have not experienced that with L-Theanine.

Also to note, I am modafinal free during this trial.

Will keep you posted.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Okay @Vanderbilt the test has begun.

L-theanine 400 mg tablets have arrived and I have been taking them every day for 5 days now.

First impressions: the fear of approaching awkward or difficult tasks has lessened. I have definitely boosted productivity and somewhat my focus. This still could be a placebo affect, we will see over the next few weeks.

Compared to a 200mg tablet of modafinil, L-theanine is a lot more subtle. Maybe it will take time to build up a reserve in my body before similar results can be felt. Modafinal I feel it pretty significantly to the point when the pill kicks in, the room and screen I am looking at begin to brighten. I still have not experienced that with L-Theanine.

Also to note, I am modafinal free during this trial.

Will keep you posted.

That sounds great, take 200mg in the morning on empty stomach and not with other aminos if possible and 200mg in the evening or whenever you feel you need it. 400mg to 800mg ist the dosage for most per day!

Hope this will be a better alternative for you then modafinil, mostly if L-Theanine works it means you
Lack of GABA, you should then start to improve GABA production.

babyballer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jul 16, 2018
not talking about a magic pill and cure for everything but if you have any kind of high stress or overstimulated nervous system(a lot of entrepreneurs are in high stress), chances are high you are in GABA deficient mode.
And to increase it you should try L-Theanine... Its a compound of green tea. But in pills 25times higher concentrated. L-Theanine increases the production in the Brain for Gaba.

If you try it, take it on empty stomach in the morning and don't take it with other amino acids.

Cheers

Nah, the best cure for this is L methylfolate. Titrate it all the way to 3 mg per day divided doses. You will feel like a god.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Nah, the best cure for this is L methylfolate. Titrate it all the way to 3 mg per day divided doses. You will feel like a god.

thats the case if you have mtfhr gene mutation! But yes overall Methylated Folate/Folic Acid is really good but wouldnt use it if you dont have the gene mutation because your body losees more the ability to convert it self from folic acid to the methyl variation!

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
If you don't know if you have the mtfhr gene, can you take L methylfolate and just see if it helps? Or is that not recommended?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
If you don't know if you have the mtfhr gene, can you take L methylfolate and just see if it helps? Or is that not recommended?
That should be fine. It's just not good to take long term if you have it. If you take it and you feel energized or a little speedy, you likely have a risk allele for MTHFR.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
i personally take sam-e and use a THC vaporizer and occasionally with a beer and a book. best combination ever. it somehow makes me more self-relfective and aware and puts me in a better mood.

John D.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Aug 26, 2016
Does Suntheanine produce better effects than 'regular' L-Theanine, or is it a marketing gimmick? Haven't looked into it too much, but I can see it says Suntheanine on my bottle of theanine (I use Jarrow Formulas).

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Does Suntheanine produce better effects than 'regular' L-Theanine, or is it a marketing gimmick? Haven't looked into it too much, but I can see it says Suntheanine on my bottle of theanine (I use Jarrow Formulas).

dont know, but powder form is best!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.