The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best EBiz Book For Beginners?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I was asked what is the best book to read to get started in EBusiness.

Having been in the biz for years, I've never really read a "beginners" book.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
I've heard nothing but good things about:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Internet-Riches-Money-Making-Secrets-Millionaires/dp/0814409954/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237516037&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Internet Riches: The Simple Money-Making Secrets of Online Millionaires: Scott Fox: Books[/ame]

The title sounds a bit cliché, but reviews are great and it's an 2008 book so couldn't be outdated, the problem with these books is that maybe in a couple of months most information will be a bit outdated!
I ordered the book, just got it today, and I have to say I'm really impressed so far!

YoungOne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 19, 2008
The title sounds a bit cliché, but reviews are great and it's an 2008 book so couldn't be outdated, the problem with these books is that maybe in a couple of months most information will be a bit outdated!

For a beginners book, it doesn't need to be the most up to date material. For someone who is taking the first couple of steps in E-Commerce, you want material that covers what has been done so far in history. Well the past decade or so.

I would almost suggest Electronic Commerce, by Gary P. Schneider, but it doesn't give enought information about how to get going or any tip and tricks. But I did have to read it for my E-commerce class awhile back.

Brootal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 30, 2009
Virginia
Although not an e-book, "Click here to order" By Joel Comm is in my opinion a great read for someone just starting out or trying to learn about internet marketing.

I felt like he did a great job of giving a history of how it all worked and how the original guys got started online. He also pointed out a lot of other "gurus" who have contributed plenty of great information available online for free.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
would all depend on what e-biz meant to that specific person. Like asking someone what is the best job i can get....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.