The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are home cleaning services the only good businesses for beginners/teenagers?

Krishanp_07

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 10, 2023
Are other businesses just too oversaturated and difficult for beginners/teenagers? Because it seems like almost everybody on the forum suggests home cleaning services for beginners.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Are you in a third world country like India?

If that's the case, don't bother with window cleaning. You know your people well enough.

Go for freelancing. Earn in dollars, spend in INR. Use that currency difference to gather capital amd spend it on your fastlane ventures.

Can't say anything if you're in the US. @Johnny boy knows better

Last edited:

Krishanp_07

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 10, 2023
Are you in a third world country like India? Seems like you're from India.

If that's the case, don't bother with window cleaning. You know your people well enough.

Go for freelancing. Earn in dollars, spend in INR. Use that currency difference to gather capital amd spend it on your fastlane ventures.

Can't say anything if you're in the US. @Johnny boy knows better
No I’m from Canada

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Lol. I feel I'm the only dad trying to encourage his kids to get into video editing.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Are other businesses just too oversaturated and difficult for beginners/teenagers? Because it seems like almost everybody on the forum suggests home cleaning services for beginners.

No, it's just a safe bet for a young beginner to get their hands dirty and bring in actual cash.

It's the most common underserved need that has a low barrier to entry, simplicity, decent margins, and is not you competing against the best in the world, only people in your town.

Easy way to stack wins as a newbie.

There's a million other great businesses and much better opportunities. You should do whatever you have a competitive advantage in.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Local services are the only business a teen can start that is profitable the same day he chooses to start.
Even though I stopped, it provided me with some great experience. That experience is something you can only gain through making money.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Lol. I feel I'm the only dad trying to encourage his kids to get into video editing.
How would you advise them to start getting clients?

A lot of people I know try things like video editing and web design but can't find any clients since its so oversaturated.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
can't find any clients since its so oversaturated.
Is that a limiting belief? (Google "limiting beliefs" if you've not come across that expression before.)

Who says it's oversaturated?

What does oversaturated even mean?

I bet there's hundreds of thousands of people who offer Google Ads as a service yet I picked up clients when I attended a business course with 20 other business owners. When asked to introduce ourselves I simply said "My name's Andy. I do those little ads on Google." Why did I get clients? I was in the same room as them and said what I do. I didn't have a portfolio, website, or mention how long I'd been doing it. People who were interested came to me at the coffee break.

And a couple of weeks ago a guy came round to powerwash our drive and another guy came round to fix a roof. Both are coming back to discuss becoming Google Ads clients. All I did was chat to them. Of course they asked what I do since I was working at home. I said and their ears perked up. Simple.

I don't gaf whether other people think something is oversaturated or not. Oversaturated isn't in my vocabulary. I'm doing it anyway and will adjust as I go.

How would you advise them to start getting clients?
I'd tell them to start here:

And work their way through this:

And work their way through the links in the first row in my signature.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Local services are the only business a teen can start that is profitable the same day he chooses to start.
Be careful of definitive statements like this.

For that statement to be true there cannot be ANY non local-service businesses a teen could start and be profitable from day one.

For that statement to be false we just need to find ONE business that a teen started and was profitable from day one - in the history of the whole wide world.

What if a teen picked up a video editing client, found a client, and got paid, all in the day they started?

What if they picked some other skill and did the same?

Even the title of this thread is simple to answer with one word.

Are home cleaning service the only good businesses for beginners/teenagers?

When asked that way the answer is super simple: No - they're not the ONLY good businesses for beginners/teenagers.

I'd even say that working at home on a laptop with an internet connection is better for most people still in school who don't drive and who's parents might not want them wandering around town in the evening.

I know my wife wouldn't want our 15 year old never mind our 12 or 11 year old wandering about town knocking on people's doors. But she'd be happy if they were mucking about on their laptops doing something other than playing games or watching videos on YouTube.

All three of our kids have had a wee go at creating gaming videos and uploading to YouTube. It's easy for them as they watch them all day long it seems, and working a computer is second nature to them.

My 15 year old nephew even uses Capcut on his phone to create, edit and upload YouTube shorts and TikToks of Liverpool FC or Ronaldo... and they're brilliant. He somehow manages to cuts scenes in time to the beat in the music. I told him the average business owner doesn't have the inclination, skill, or time to do what he does, and that he should lean into it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...