- Joined
- Oct 4, 2019
- Messages
- 133
Rep Bank
$880
$880
User Power: 155%
I wanted to get your feedback on what a good course of action would be in light of current events.
My job is currently forcing us to work because we deal with public transportation and fall under "essential personnell," meaning if we decide to call in sick or decide not to come in because of the coronavirus we will be terminated. They're also going to be cutting our pay drastically (around $5-8 dollars less per hour) to "save the company."
I have about $5000 saved up and my monthly expenses are less than $500 (not including rent which if I did leave then it would be zero for rent because I'd be staying at families).
I was planning on quitting and starting some service job of sorts (especially now where I the pandemic has opened the doors to service businesses like delivery, setups, etc...) but I don't really have a gameplan to do so and wanted to ask what you guys think and how you would go about coordinating this. I don't want to quit right away but I'm really worried considering how many people I come in contact with daily and the risk that this puts me in for getting infected. I am not willing to get infected just to save a company that treats me like another number and who is now cutting my pay.
I work for a well known railroad for passenger travel for those that are curious and the company (at least where I'm located) is extremely toxic. I also can't work from home as I handle the bags and assisting customers on site unfortunately.
I currently make about $25 per hour but it is a union job so this brings pay down to around $18 per hour after all of the taxes and union fees are included.
Any and all critiques and feedback welcome!
edit: I'd also like to mention that I've been at this company 5 years while bouncing around and I don't really have a resume for any other technical skills. I'm only 24 so I'm not too worried about it as I believe my next venture will be towards working for my own brand/corporation.
My job is currently forcing us to work because we deal with public transportation and fall under "essential personnell," meaning if we decide to call in sick or decide not to come in because of the coronavirus we will be terminated. They're also going to be cutting our pay drastically (around $5-8 dollars less per hour) to "save the company."
I have about $5000 saved up and my monthly expenses are less than $500 (not including rent which if I did leave then it would be zero for rent because I'd be staying at families).
I was planning on quitting and starting some service job of sorts (especially now where I the pandemic has opened the doors to service businesses like delivery, setups, etc...) but I don't really have a gameplan to do so and wanted to ask what you guys think and how you would go about coordinating this. I don't want to quit right away but I'm really worried considering how many people I come in contact with daily and the risk that this puts me in for getting infected. I am not willing to get infected just to save a company that treats me like another number and who is now cutting my pay.
I work for a well known railroad for passenger travel for those that are curious and the company (at least where I'm located) is extremely toxic. I also can't work from home as I handle the bags and assisting customers on site unfortunately.
I currently make about $25 per hour but it is a union job so this brings pay down to around $18 per hour after all of the taxes and union fees are included.
Any and all critiques and feedback welcome!
edit: I'd also like to mention that I've been at this company 5 years while bouncing around and I don't really have a resume for any other technical skills. I'm only 24 so I'm not too worried about it as I believe my next venture will be towards working for my own brand/corporation.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
