You're not going to believe what I'm about to tell you - The Oatmeal
***Click the link above for the full article, don't worry it is a cartoon.
The Backfire Effect - studies reveal that the same part of the brain that responds to a physical threat responds to an intellectual one.
This is one reason why so many people can't believe it when you decide to be an entrepreneur, workout, or make a change in your life.
When someone's point of view of you is so ingrained, any new out of the box actions will make them go batshit crazy.
The media is a powerful way to broadcast and ingrain these beliefs...
Some advocate that you tell everyone your goals. I say keep them to yourself until you accomplish them, otherwise everyone will work to put you back into your place.
An older(and I say that with respect!) and wiser gentleman from the forum was nice enough to take my call and give me advice. His life story blows my mind because he found his freedom and joy. When this guy called me, it felt like I was on the phone with Michael Jordan.
He also told me about others that have freed themselves. At times it is hard to believe I will make it and it all seems futile, but I always think back to his story, and MJs, and everyone else's. There are people that have really made it...almost like how they said a 4 minute mile is impossible.
Does anyone else feel like they are doing America a favor by becoming entrepreneurs and decentralizing the economy so that no one giant crash can screw us all?
Did you know that large businesses only employ about 38 percent of the private sector workforce while small businesses employ 53 percent of the workforce?
Happy 4th of July, I hope your mind was blown.
***Click the link above for the full article, don't worry it is a cartoon.
The Backfire Effect - studies reveal that the same part of the brain that responds to a physical threat responds to an intellectual one.
This is one reason why so many people can't believe it when you decide to be an entrepreneur, workout, or make a change in your life.
When someone's point of view of you is so ingrained, any new out of the box actions will make them go batshit crazy.
The media is a powerful way to broadcast and ingrain these beliefs...
Some advocate that you tell everyone your goals. I say keep them to yourself until you accomplish them, otherwise everyone will work to put you back into your place.
An older(and I say that with respect!) and wiser gentleman from the forum was nice enough to take my call and give me advice. His life story blows my mind because he found his freedom and joy. When this guy called me, it felt like I was on the phone with Michael Jordan.
He also told me about others that have freed themselves. At times it is hard to believe I will make it and it all seems futile, but I always think back to his story, and MJs, and everyone else's. There are people that have really made it...almost like how they said a 4 minute mile is impossible.
Does anyone else feel like they are doing America a favor by becoming entrepreneurs and decentralizing the economy so that no one giant crash can screw us all?
Did you know that large businesses only employ about 38 percent of the private sector workforce while small businesses employ 53 percent of the workforce?
Happy 4th of July, I hope your mind was blown.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
