The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beliefs about Beliefs

Anything related to matters of the mind

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
You're not going to believe what I'm about to tell you - The Oatmeal
***Click the link above for the full article, don't worry it is a cartoon. ;)
3_2.png

3_3.png

The Backfire Effect - studies reveal that the same part of the brain that responds to a physical threat responds to an intellectual one.

This is one reason why so many people can't believe it when you decide to be an entrepreneur, workout, or make a change in your life.

When someone's point of view of you is so ingrained, any new out of the box actions will make them go batshit crazy.

The media is a powerful way to broadcast and ingrain these beliefs...

Some advocate that you tell everyone your goals. I say keep them to yourself until you accomplish them, otherwise everyone will work to put you back into your place.

An older(and I say that with respect!) and wiser gentleman from the forum was nice enough to take my call and give me advice. His life story blows my mind because he found his freedom and joy. When this guy called me, it felt like I was on the phone with Michael Jordan.

He also told me about others that have freed themselves. At times it is hard to believe I will make it and it all seems futile, but I always think back to his story, and MJs, and everyone else's. There are people that have really made it...almost like how they said a 4 minute mile is impossible.

Does anyone else feel like they are doing America a favor by becoming entrepreneurs and decentralizing the economy so that no one giant crash can screw us all?

Did you know that large businesses only employ about 38 percent of the private sector workforce while small businesses employ 53 percent of the workforce?

Happy 4th of July, I hope your mind was blown.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'd recommend clicking the link. The embedded photo is only a portion of the whole strip and it's all quite good IMHO.

Also, Matthew Inman (The Oatmeal) is one of the most successful online comics in the world (he did 500k in 2012 according to wiki and I'm sure that's significantly more now), and he helped develop a game called "exploding kittens" which did over 8 million on kickstarter alone.

He pretty much took online comics "fastlane". He still needs to produce content, mind you, but his advertising and merchandising and book plays have been very well done I think.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I can't believe I also forgot about this hilarious "because I can" move he did. @Vigilante might love this:

Some website called funnyjunk was stealing his content and reposting it. He called them out on it and they tried demanding $20k for defamation. I'll leave out the funny details but his response was "F*ck that, I'm going to raise that much money, photograph it, send you a photo of it along with a picture of your mother seducing a kodiak bear, and donate the money I raised to charity.".

Then he did it to the tune of 200k instead of the mere 20k asked:

As promised, here's the photo of $211,223 in cash we raised for charity - The Oatmeal

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.