The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Been testing ebay and something worked but running into issues.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Tony71

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 21, 2011
Irvine, CA
I been testing items to sell on ebay from Honk Kong, it was ok but one thing which I sold and had alot of intersted buyers which sold for 250% profit was an item which I bought here in the US at a store. Who knew? lol

The issue is I called the store which is a branch and they have the item but can not ship due to the size they only ship items upto 25inches. I can do a road trip but I don't think it is worth it. I tried to find out who made the item they said they didn't know since the mother company buys from around the world.

The only thing I can think of is have somone local artist build the item but that may cost more.

It is a cabinet which is about 26inches in height so it is not that big.

What would you guys do?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
I had this problem before.

a. research other sellers who sold this product before

b. look how they ship the article and if you can't find out - just write them a message.

but: don't tell them that you want to sell this article, too = showing you re a seller
act like you = buyer and write something like "i would like to buy this article from you, but how do you ship it? is it ups? or something else? i have to ask because i've bought this article and ups didn't deliver it 100% perfect...so how do you ship it?"

ps: about the thing why suddenly you get sales from this US bought product instead of the asia product = never assume what people will buy..you did the right thing by running multiple market tests at once ;-)

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Why not call the headquarters? Tell them you want to buy wholesale quantities.

Where was the item made?

Tony71

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 21, 2011
Irvine, CA
The thing is this type of cabinet no one sells and it is unique that is why it sold for so much.
And the store that sells it won't tell me where they buy it from which I knew they wouldn't in the first place/

If I can find out then I'm in business.

I had this problem before.

a. research other sellers who sold this product before

b. look how they ship the article and if you can't find out - just write them a message.

but: don't tell them that you want to sell this article, too = showing you re a seller
act like you = buyer and write something like "i would like to buy this article from you, but how do you ship it? is it ups? or something else? i have to ask because i've bought this article and ups didn't deliver it 100% perfect...so how do you ship it?"

ps: about the thing why suddenly you get sales from this US bought product instead of the asia product = never assume what people will buy..you did the right thing by running multiple market tests at once ;-)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
If they have a HQ, do they have a lot of stores? Call around to different stores and ask questions. They got a website? Ask them questions there. Is there a low paid stock boy? Bribe him for info! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.