The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Becoming a millionaire (the ''secrets'')

Seamster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
May 21, 2019
The Rust Belt; MI
Good for you. I'm "just a girl", but I share your attitude. I built my investment nut through LOTS of hard work and well-planned moves. I like flying under the radar because I don't want everyone to know what I'm doing. It's none of their business and I sure don't need to waste my time on their silly advice. I figure that when you finally inch over that line, there's no one to impress but yourself.

Hey, girl, boy, black, Asian....do your thing. We all have hardships and some situations are easier for you and some easier for me. Get that money and live a happy life and don't screw others over. Do that and you'll always be tops on my list!

You're right, flying under the radar is the way to go for sure. If you do something people will try to tell you "you can't do that." I used to be like, "YOU can't do that. I can!" But now if I hear that I'm just like, "Yeah, you're right, I can't legally cut down that dying tree in the vacant lot that's going to fall on my investment property. I'll call the city." You know damn well I'm going to cut it down myself, not tell anyone, make less work for the city, and make the world a better place, but people don't want me to do that because they want to throw obstacles between me and my succuess. Because if I, just some loser who comes from where they come from, succeeds, then they're going to regret not trying harder themselves.

F*ck 'em!

And, about impressing myself, that is true. I've told my mom before that I'm proud of myself for learning to fix a leaky pipe or something like that. But the thing I'm most proud of is that I've been able to fight procrastination over all these years. Procrastination will get the last laugh eventually, but hopefully I have $5000/mo cashflow taxed at 15% by that time ($90k job equivalent). As Brian Tracy says, "Eat that Frog!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
There was video recently where YTubber was asking people with nice cars on the street - what do they do for a living.

There was one guy, in, idk maserati, when asked he made a semi-awkward grin and responded:
"Ballet!"
I have no idea what this guy did for a living and i'm not sure if it was 100% legal,
but if someone will ask me what i do for living... i have a tagline now.
When you see those nice cars, just think about the fact that approximately 70% are financed! Talk about a mountain of debt!

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
My step son just got a job and was absolutely miserable because it had a morning start. He's a night owl like me. The look on his face was as if he'd rather kill himself than wake up at 6AM to go to work.

I told him that "sleeping in" and "waking up when I want to wake up" was the #1 reason, my purpose, for being an entrepreneur. In the last thirty years, I'm going to guess that I've been forced awake by an alarm less than 50 times.

Unconditional happiness... no matter what is going on, especially with things I cannot control -- like politics, weather, traffic jams, etc.

Learn to be present. Notice nature, birdsong, the hot shower, the warm bed, the sunshine.

Watch yourself think... any anger/drama/anxiety is due to violation of unconditional happiness ... and wanting the world to conform to your expectations and/or worldview. That is impossible and a prescription for lifelong misery.

Amen.

Also, probably more important, is that the 1% are working hard in an efficient system with scalable mathematics ... the 99% are working in an inefficient system with math that favors rat-race outcomes.

"Working hard" is great -- but if it isn't channeled into a system that can reap bigger rewards, you're roadtripping on a tricycle. The analogy I like to use is this: Put USAIN BOLT on a tricycle and suddenly he is slow... and I CAN BEAT HIM. What changed? His effort is being marginalized in an inefficient system.
MJ,
Congratulations on getting married and becoming a stepfather! That’s good stuff.
Didn’t think a job would be allowed under your roof! :)

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
There was video recently where YTubber was asking people with nice cars on the street - what do they do for a living.

There was one guy, in, idk maserati, when asked he made a semi-awkward grin and responded:
"Ballet!"
I have no idea what this guy did for a living and i'm not sure if it was 100% legal,
but if someone will ask me what i do for living... i have a tagline now.
Does it matter what they do for a living? The real question is IF their car is financed, leased, or rented. I looked back at this thread. I had already told you guys that 70% of vehicles are financed. What a factor! That blows me away. 70% of those depreciating assets have payments that include interest and possibly late charges. Then add the insurance costs on top of that payment -- adding insult to injury. How many of these loans are upside down? The very act of making payment says that the vehicle owner can't afford to make that choice.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Does it matter what they do for a living? The real question is IF their car is financed, leased, or rented. I looked back at this thread. I had already told you guys that 70% of vehicles are financed. What a factor! That blows me away. 70% of those depreciating assets have payments that include interest and possibly late charges. Then add the insurance costs on top of that payment -- adding insult to injury. How many of these loans are upside down? The very act of making payment says that the vehicle owner can't afford to make that choice.

LOL, reminds me of the time when someone asked me at a gas station what my car payment was on my Lambo. Car payment? Sorry buddy, I paid cash.

I also think your statistic is off, I think financed cars are more like 85%.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
LOL, reminds me of the time when someone asked me at a gas station what my car payment was on my Lambo. Car payment? Sorry buddy, I paid cash.

I also think your statistic is off, I think financed cars are more like 85%.

Yeah, for new vehicles, the percentage is higher. Just my point.

Seamster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
May 21, 2019
The Rust Belt; MI
70% of vehicle purchases are financed; 85% of brand new vehicle purchases are financed? That's just crazy! I know I sound like a broken record, but, Jesus flippin' Mary, how stupid can people be? I've always been cheap but would hide it. Now that I've found books and the Internet and realized I don't have any friends anyway (probably due to rants like the one), I guess it's okay to speak up a bit.

Are so many people really that stupid? And the 50% of the population who makes stupid money decisions about buying new cars or houses are often not the same % of the population who I think are stupid for other reasons, such as being a poor lazy deadbeat living off the system, smoking 2 packs a day, or those who are obese. Man, I've just realized that in my brain think like 80% of the US population is stupid. And I don't even feel like an a-hole saying it. Because, I mean,
  1. Don't mooch off the government
  2. Don't waste money
  3. Don't smoke
  4. Don't get fat
I'd say 80% of the population ignores one or more of those rules.

My friend has had 5 brand new $40-50k vehicles in the past 10 years. He keeps trading up for the new features. I've had the same car over those 10 years never had a car payment. That's $50k.

Sure, I see articles saying: "New cars are the biggest waste of money ever." Duh. But, I don't see people throwing their hands up in disbelief like I am. Why am I the only one completely baffled by the fact that no one is talking about this?

*I'm not saying not to spend money if you have it. My dad bought a Corvette cash. Then sold it to buy a motorhome. No judgement (well, he does smoke so....). I'm talking about those who are broke. If you don't have 6 months worth of savings and you spend $40,000 on a 2020 Cadillac when you know damn well you damn well a $4,000 2011 Cruze will get you there, then you're a gigantic idiot IMO.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Hard work is really the name of the game. There is no secret sauce, there is no short cut. It is commitment, consistency, and hard work with an "infinitely" scalable model. Few people want to actually put in the work that is necessary. They say they'd never want to stay up working til 2 or 3 each night for six months to build something up...I wouldn't want to live the way they're living.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hard work is really the name of the game. There is no secret sauce, there is no short cut. It is commitment, consistency, and hard work with an "infinitely" scalable model. Few people want to actually put in the work that is necessary. They say they'd never want to stay up working til 2 or 3 each night for six months to build something up...I wouldn't want to live the way they're living.
Your right. Directed, smart, hard work is part of the key to gaining wealth -- when it is coupled with good financial habits and planning. You're also right about the fact that most people aren't willing to actually work that type of program. It goes way past their personal resistance. They shun and make fun of the person who is actually working that type of program. Then, when the person succeeds, these armchair doubters are shocked and accuse the person working their program of cheating or just being lucky. And, it's always been that way. I have a friend who always reminds me, "The stronger cause that you make, the more resistance you will encounter."

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Your right. Directed, smart, hard work is part of the key to gaining wealth -- when it is coupled with good financial habits and planning. You're also right about the fact that most people aren't willing to actually work that type of program. It goes way past their personal resistance. They shun and make fun of the person who is actually working that type of program. Then, when the person succeeds, these armchair doubters are shocked and accuse the person working their program of cheating or just being lucky. And, it's always been that way. I have a friend who always reminds me, "The stronger cause that you make, the more resistance you will encounter."
Lol when someone calls me "lucky" I tell them it took 2 years of sleepless nights to be lucky haha.

OneLifeOneChance

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Dec 26, 2020
Australia
What have been the biggest time wasting activities in your life that you could remove so future you in 5 years will thank you for? Are you living right now? Or dying?
As a 19 year old, I definitely feel and KNOW that I had wasted lots of time in pervious years. I use to spend countless hours watching TV Drama and getting all excited over fake actors and scenes (looking back it, it feels crazy that I let time be spent like that). I also use to game a lot until 4am and then wake up at 12pm - when I had this routine, I feel like dinner time was literally right around the corner and my days would be just the same with nothing interesting to happen. I also used to go on social media a lot, u know being the typical teenager refreshing feeds ( I actually refreshed it so much there was literally nothing new OMG).

Fast forward to about middle of last year 2020, I've completely changed into becoming someone that uses her time more appropriately. I now wake up at 6am everyday and have a morning routine. This started cause of a book called "The Miracle Morning" which sets me up for the way on a positive and energetic note (btw highly recommend). I try to sleep around 10pm so I get 8 hours of sleep. I've completely stopped gaming and also haven't touched TV for like months (except very rarely occasionally watching a movie with the family to spend time with them). I haven't touched social media in also a very long time as I feel like - what's the point in looking and 'liking' other people's photo's of THEIR lives when I could be busy living MY life u know.

During the day, I focus on my goals and keep my mind in constant focus. Occasionally yes my mind will drift around. If I do think of anything negative, I've built this reflex to instantly think of the the opposite being the positive. This really helped to build a constant mind of positivity so next time if you ever have a negative thought or any reoccurring negative thoughts, try to build a muscle that instantly thinks of the opposite (positive). Once you build that muscle in your brain, it'll really help keep your mind on track and what's important.

Hope this helps someone. Have a great 2021 ahead!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
As a 19 year old, I definitely feel and KNOW that I had wasted lots of time in pervious years. I use to spend countless hours watching TV Drama and getting all excited over fake actors and scenes (looking back it, it feels crazy that I let time be spent like that). I also use to game a lot until 4am and then wake up at 12pm - when I had this routine, I feel like dinner time was literally right around the corner and my days would be just the same with nothing interesting to happen. I also used to go on social media a lot, u know being the typical teenager refreshing feeds ( I actually refreshed it so much there was literally nothing new OMG).

Fast forward to about middle of last year 2020, I've completely changed into becoming someone that uses her time more appropriately. I now wake up at 6am everyday and have a morning routine. This started cause of a book called "The Miracle Morning" which sets me up for the way on a positive and energetic note (btw highly recommend). I try to sleep around 10pm so I get 8 hours of sleep. I've completely stopped gaming and also haven't touched TV for like months (except very rarely occasionally watching a movie with the family to spend time with them). I haven't touched social media in also a very long time as I feel like - what's the point in looking and 'liking' other people's photo's of THEIR lives when I could be busy living MY life u know.

During the day, I focus on my goals and keep my mind in constant focus. Occasionally yes my mind will drift around. If I do think of anything negative, I've built this reflex to instantly think of the the opposite being the positive. This really helped to build a constant mind of positivity so next time if you ever have a negative thought or any reoccurring negative thoughts, try to build a muscle that instantly thinks of the opposite (positive). Once you build that muscle in your brain, it'll really help keep your mind on track and what's important.

Hope this helps someone. Have a great 2021 ahead!

Great post and Happy NY!

Since today is the first day of the year... anyone interested in the goal of reaching $1,000,000 needs to do as so..

Make $2,740 a day, or $83,333 for the next 12 months.

Easy...! ? ?! ? :playful:

Last edited:

OneLifeOneChance

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Dec 26, 2020
Australia
Great post and Happy NY!

Since today is the first day of the year... anyone interested in the goal of reaching $1,000,000 needs to do as so..

Make $2,740 a day, or $83,333 for the next 12 months.

Easy...! ? ?! ? :playful:
Hahahha Happy New Years to you too! 2021 gonna be a banger for us!

Easy? without the TMF + unscripted , I think not... LMFAO

Anyway, hope everyone stays safe and happy! :D

Joy wealth

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 10, 2020
Wow, that's pretty cool you noticed because generally speaking this is true. Thanks for perceiving that.

I've been taking steps to be more "present" and grateful, accepting things I cannot control. Mindfulness, meditation, a different perspective, etc. While I haven't read "The Power of Now" in many years, I'm trying to practice that. I guess the best phrase to encompass the philosophy is unconditional happiness, which I mentioned upstairs in the thread.

I also probably listened to 2,000+ hours of Michael Singer's work (audiobooks) while sleeping ... (that's how I accumulated 2000+ hours!) not sure if that is having a subliminal effect because honestly, as soon as I fire up the material, I'm asleep within minutes. Perhaps it is having a subliminal/subconscious impact, but I know it is having a conscious one. In the grand scheme of things, I know I have an awesome life and a lot to be thankful for. Generally speaking, less things piss me off with less emotional bite -- I've accepted that most humans are victims of their own feral, knee-jerk thinking while they clamor for Supreme clothes, Yeezies, and other stupid shit. I'm also aware that that previous statement is extremely egoistic (arrogant) as I'm not immune to equally feral reactions, so obviously I have a lot of work to do in that realm. One day at a time ...

I'm also getting older and more aware of my mortality, as they say, as you get older, the less f*cks are given, lol.
I have always been in regret over the past 3 years like I was not living in the present nobody was aware, I was dying slowing I was so underweight my Mom took notice of me and she was worried the issue was I was not happy with the life I was living and I was sick nobody was aware but deep down I'm dying slowly.
I told myself I have to work on myself and I refuse to be a victim to my circumstance.
One day at a time, never to worry because worry will never solve your issue but increase your burden and send you to early grave.
Stop procrastination, having all the best ideas without action is a waste.
I stop comparing myself with others
I never stop learning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!