The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Becoming A Author

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Mark Horrocks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 13, 2016
I retired as a I.T consultant 5 years ago I decided to start writing around my favourite hobby horse racing in the UK and trading on Betfair. Wrote my first non-fiction book around the
subject and uploaded to Amazon bookstore got my first sale within hours! It was only 0.90p royalties but I gained more satisfaction from that than 25 years as a I.T. consultant earing £150K per year!

When I woke up in the morning I had sold more books and more royalties so I started to write more books and now have 13 books ( eBooks & Paperback ) generating a 24x7 income.

OK it's not mega books and it's a small scale business but I like the money it makes and I check my royalties everyday like a kid in a sweet store!

I also sell these on my website and now have produced a video course.

I have also leaqrned to trade on the sports exchanges like Betfair and have written my own bots that make money automatically.

These are small scale businesses but the feeling is brilliant I get out of bed when I like, love it!

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
Happy to hear you're getting so much satisfaction from selling your books. How are your websites sales of the books and the sales of your course compared to your book royalties?

Mark Horrocks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 13, 2016
Happy to hear you're getting so much satisfaction from selling your books. How are your websites sales of the books and the sales of your course compared to your book royalties?
I make more money from the websites as the paperback books have more profit in them. Thanks for your kind words.

Olov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 10, 2019
How much money do you make from Amazon per book a month, and how many pages are they? It would be interesting to see some numbers, if you have.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mark Horrocks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 13, 2016
How much money do you make from Amazon per book a month, and how many pages are they? It would be interesting to see some numbers, if you have.
My books sell on my own websites plus other portals like Amazon, Lulu Kobe and many more. The best profit is from my websites. The books make quite a difference to my finances. My Betfair trading bots make me more money but this is a skilled subject and took me many years to master and a market not easy to enter thank god!. I wrote the bots first and started in 2007 learning my craft. I launched my first video course this week and had sales in the first 2 days from my website UK Horse Racing Form Guide using PPC.

There are no short cuts and had to learn new skills it was a tortuous route there is so much bullshit out there it drives me mad and people fall for it.

Thanks

Mark

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.