The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Become free!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
I just closed my first damn deal!

To be honest I trembled like a little rabbit the hours before, but when I shaked the CEO's hand it all got washed away and my brain tuned in for killer-mode. It turned out it was a meeting with several of the company's employees.

We began talking. Pretty easy stuff, didn't try to "sell myself in" in any way. Instead I did all I could to find ways to help them. They wanted a basic website, with the ability to implement a news section and a webshop in the future. Hence, I'm going for WordPress.

Damn... I just got a huge company as my first client.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I just closed my first damn deal!

To be honest I trembled like a little rabbit the hours before, but when I shaked the CEO's hand it all got washed away and my brain tuned in for killer-mode. It turned out it was a meeting with several of the company's employees.

We began talking. Pretty easy stuff, didn't try to "sell myself in" in any way. Instead I did all I could to find ways to help them. They wanted a basic website, with the ability to implement a news section and a webshop in the future. Hence, I'm going for WordPress.

Damn... I just got a huge company as my first client.

Incredible news mate! Have you joined @Fox's Facebook group yet? You should definitely get on it. Lots to learn about selling websites. The group can be found here.

Best of luck on your journey!

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Incredible news mate! Have you joined @Fox's Facebook group yet? You should definitely get on it. Lots to learn about selling websites. The group can be found here.

Best of luck on your journey!

Thanks! Yeah, been a member for a while now. I also like Ten a Day, Charles over there has helped me a lot thanks to his livestreams and tips.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks! Yeah, been a member for a while now.

Glad I could help, if you don't mind can you post it up over there as well.
Sales posts always get everyone fired up. Well done!

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Glad I could help, if you don't mind can you post it up over there as well.
Sales posts always get everyone fired up. Well done!
Wrote a little post over there. Thank you by the way for contributing so much to this forum.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Company bullshit
I'm pretty frustrated right now. Technically I should already have a company registered, and I've been researching it quite a lot lately, but it's just terrible.
  • In Sweden you're not allowed to make money my way (doing services) without having a company registered.
  • If you're under 18 you'll need to have permission from both your guardians AND some city official. And well, I can't get permission from BOTH my parents, only my dear mother.
  • There are some other things that just pisses me off as well.
So I have no fricking clue what to do about that.

Living situation (Complaining)
Sweden is terrible now, especially the little city I live in. It has about 30,000 habitants, and 10 years ago it was a decent place with lots of engineers and educated people. Now they're gone, and instead there are junkies, beggars and criminals. And well, most of the beggars are associated with criminal organizations as well.
  • People are OPENLY selling dope to everyone, including 13 year olds, on a market-place 10 minutes from my house. The same people also try to rape their female customers once they're high. The police has been... thinking about setting up surveillance cameras. But that apparently wasn't legal.
  • Robberies, shootings and burglaries are increasing.
  • People are burning cars all the goddamn time.
  • There are real no-go zones where you'd get in trouble just for being a white person.
  • In my city there's been genuine F*cking ISIS-members. One had executed about ten people back in Midle East.
And this is not a country where people are born into poverty on the streets. It's a country where anyone can get money from the government to cover accommodation and other living expenses.

I'm just tired of it. Why can't my girlfriend go to school without feeling unsafe and getting bothered by strangers?

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
  • I've gotten rid of my nasal spray-addiction, that's pretty big. Had it for years.
  • Been working on my client's website, got done and sent in a first draft just as they wanted. Later it turned out the're on a business trip to Poland this week, so I've got no idea when I'll get a response.
  • Bought Unscripted , I like it.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Still waiting for my client to answer me regarding their website. They wanted to give feedback on a first draft, and come with suggestions regarding the design. (Not that they know anything about that stuff, but hey, I work for them.) Been waiting for a week now, and I'm thinking about reminding them soon. Maybe on Wednesday?

Found a way to be a wholesome, law-abiding citizen, and pay all the required taxes without starting a company. It's one of those "be-your-own-boss"-sites, where they send the invoices and pay all the fees and taxes, for you to then technically get paid a salary. I don't like it, especially when you only keep 50%, but it seems to be the best alternative.

After all it's only ten months left until I'm 18. During that time I won't care much about money anyways. I'd rather focus on building a client base, which this solution allows me to. After that I'm free to do as I wish: Become location independent.

Other than that I've been working on another website (small side project for my fiancée) and going to school (oh boy, it's really worthless).

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
When I first started this, I expected working with smaller clients in the beginning. Local restaurants, hair salons and stuff like that.

F*ck that.

Soon when my first "real" project is over, I'm not going to approach that type of small clients. Heck, if I could land a multi-million dollar company as my first client, why would I NOT be able to get just as great, or even greater, projects after that? By then I'll also have some social proof, giving me even better conditions.

I'm going BIG. Compiled a list of 26 local companies with old, terrible websites today. At least $3 million in annual revenue. Why would I not be able to help them?

When reaching out, I'll focus on finding ways to help them rather than selling myself in.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Lately I haven't gotten much done. Mostly because I don't have any clear direction.
Rant:
Autumn's here and everything's grey, dull and cold. People are grey, dull and depressed.

I'm waiting. For the bus. For school to start. For the class to end. For the lunch break to end. For the class to end. For the bus. Then I'm sitting on the bus. Kids (and adults) are screaming. Two moms with strollers enter the bus, blocking the way for people who need to get off, and causing a little more chaos.

Then I come home and wait for it all to repeat the next day.

Well, I actually squeeze in lot of work throughout my days. But I just can't stop feeling like I'm in my own personal hell, or in a bad dream that repeats itself forever.

But let's forget that depressing stuff.

• Joined LinkedIn to see what it's about. Started making connections and building a profile, thought I could use it as some kind of social proof.
  • Bought a drone. It's badass.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Where are you living in Sweden? Which town?

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Funny thing:
Been trying to get approved at UpWork about ten times, never had any idea why it just wouldn't let me. Then I removed the account and started another one, literally copying all the profile info. Got approved in 2 minutes.

Going to check it out further.

Where are you living in Sweden? Which town?
In a small town called Karlskoga, with about 30 000 inhabitants. :)

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Don't wait for it!
Lately I've been selling lottery tickets on the phone. They're of the more expensive kind, about $27 each, but it's pretty damn easy to sell them.

Do you know which group of people that buys them the most?

Old people.
They always live in a tiny apartment.
They always complain about their terrible state pension that gives them $1000 per month to live on.

And they always talk about how much winning the lottery would change their life.
And they say they've been playing for 40 years without winning.
And they pray that this might be their moment.

Are you going to be like them, waiting around for years, waiting for that moment? Are you going to expect that things out of your control will happen?

Younger people are harder to sell tickets to. Oh boy. They're always so smart, because they're not buying any of this gambling bullshit. And well, they are.

But then I walk into the breakroom and see the same young, smart people talk about that Subway job they applied for, that leaked episode of Game of Thrones and last night's TV-episodes.

And then you sometimes hear somebody mentioning an expensive sports car. Some of them want to travel abroad. All of them want to live free.

But hey, they all wait for it to happen. They don't know how, but in ten years it will be reality. Without a plan, without any action. Maybe a dream is all they need?

I won't wait for it anyore.

talking about old people, i don't know what they can do instead of playing the lottery

we are talking seriously here, away from fastlane hype and the insane positive thinking of the american culture

colonel Sanders 'story is just a rare case. like winning the lottery

you can't really start a business at 70 and expect to retire with millions 5 years later

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
colonel Sanders 'story is just a rare case. like winning the lottery

you can't really start a business at 70 and expect to retire with millions 5 years later

Check your facts before spewing garbage like this.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Yes, the countrysides are very beautiful there. Almost unbelievably so, like you say.

Malmö. We were there last summer and are missing it very much as we are here in 38 degree Texas weather.

Malmö was a bit more cloudy than I would've liked, but it was still much nicer than here!
I lived in Lund for a little while a few years ago, about half an hour or so from Malmo. I really miss it too.

That's why I asked where he lived. Seems there are so many nice places to move to. But yeah, I've never met a Swede that enjoyed the winter and I wasn't there for it.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
@Cavallie you should consider South East Asia once you start making enough to support yourself(which is a hell of a lot less over here). I relocated to Vietnam but for someone starting out like yourself there are some great places where you can be around like minded people. Chiang Mai, Koh Lanta, Bali etc.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
@Cavallie you should consider South East Asia once you start making enough to support yourself(which is a hell of a lot less over here). I relocated to Vietnam but for someone starting out like yourself there are some great places where you can be around like minded people. Chiang Mai, Koh Lanta, Bali etc.
Thanks for the tip!

(Sweden is nice, especially some of the cities. It's just the ~6 months of darkness and gloominess that seems to put everyone down.)

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Okay, so I haven't been too active in this thread lately since I've been busy.

I've been pretty successful on Upwork. Made some money, quite a lot of it in my opinion. (Not much at all, but I've never made that amount working for myself before.)

Helped an app startup with their FB ads and got in touch with a LinkedIn coach who needed copy for her ~20 clients. I wrote it for her.

Now that I'm a bit experienced writing LinkedIn summaries and such, maybe I could take it further?

Helping freelancers/consultants optimize their profiles to get more clients?

Help job seekers get more opportunities?

Anyways, there's some stuff going on that's stressing me up. Last week it made me go temporarily insane. I deleted nearly all social media (which is good).

I'll write about it later, because it will play a big part in me becoming UNSCRIPTED .

And boy, can you feel the strong resistance from all the seeders.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Good job on taking action. Learn to be humble though. Don't judge people for taking a different route than you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.