The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Be yourself and conquer the world!

Jean-Pierre

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 18, 2015
Sydney, Australia
My name is Jean-Pierre but most people call me JP. I’ve joined The Fastlane Forum to be part of community of like-minded people to support me on my Fastlane journey and to keep me accountable to my goals and objectives. I also want to give back and help people along their own Fastlane journey by sharing my experiences and learnings.

Until recently, I was unconfident, shy and scared of being who I really was. My aim was always to fit in and try to make EVERYBODY happy at the expense of my own time and self-worth… Realising that my beliefs were limiting the fk out of my life. I made the decision to make a change to be the best version of myself. From that point on, I realised that I had the choice to live the life I wanted by being the person I wanted to be. I am a down-to-earth guy from Australia and like most country kids, I’m a little crude and I like to tell you like it is. So I apologise in advance if I offend you.

My journey so far Just over two years ago, my better half and I made the decision to forge our own path in life and pursue our own Fastlane. You might know her, @Kerin12, and you can follow her amazing journey here. Prior to this I had no ‘entrepreneurial’ experiences whatsoever (to be honest this is my first blog post ever!), just a burning desire to make the most out of my life by continuously improving myself to be the best I can be. I was your standard half swiss, half chinese, born in Australia, kid who grew up on a farm riding horses, chasing cows and making fences. Eventually moving to the beach in my teenage years and spent most days surfing, going to the pub, totalling cars and getting involved in ‘high-risk’ businesses - You know, the idiot’s guide for “the road to success”… or the road into a fking telegraph pole – which did eventually happen.

Although only being half Chinese, my life was flooded with strong beliefs of the traditional (which was sold as the 'only') way of making money – study hard, get good grades, get a good degree, get a good job, save money, buy a house, buy another house, play the stock market, lose money in the stock market, complain that the market was against me, work more and then someday…....... I’ll be able to enjoy all that I worked so hard for. Yeah that sounds fkn awesome. NOT! Nevertheless since that was all I had been exposed to and because I was too much of a fkng p*ssy to do anything different, I did as I was told – I got good grades, I got the Finance/Law double degree, I got the ‘stable’ job in an big investment bank but I didn’t buy the house. When push came to shove I listened to my spidey senses decided not to sink all my money into something I didn't really want or afford and get no return for it. But even after all my 'successes', for some reason… I looked at my life and said that’s not who I am and that's not how I want to live my life. (I will create another post on my psychological journey to the Fastlane mindset in the weeks to come).

I’m 29 now and 7 months ago I made the decision to quit my six-figure job, and I’m going full steam ahead with @Kerin12 and we’re forging our own Fastlane path. The Millionaire Fastlane and the Fastlane Forum has changed our lives completely and without it, we would not have made it as far as we have today.

I’ll do my best at providing insights and updates on what I’m working on but I really like talking/writing about mindset, psychology and looking at things in a different perspective so I’ll write up some posts about that as well.

Thanks to @MJ DeMarco who has made this community what it is and I hope to provide some valuable and inspiring, or at least thought-provoking, material for those who feel there is something more to life and want to conquer the world!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ha Ha, love having a husband-wife team here kicking butt. Welcome aboard other half. ;)

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
My name is Jean-Pierre but most people call me JP. I’ve joined The Fastlane Forum to be part of community of like-minded people to support me on my Fastlane journey and to keep me accountable to my goals and objectives. I also want to give back and help people along their own Fastlane journey by sharing my experiences and learnings.

Until recently, I was unconfident, shy and scared of being who I really was. My aim was always to fit in and try to make EVERYBODY happy at the expense of my own time and self-worth… Realising that my beliefs were limiting the fk out of my life. I made the decision to make a change to be the best version of myself. From that point on, I realised that I had the choice to live the life I wanted by being the person I wanted to be. I am a down-to-earth guy from Australia and like most country kids, I’m a little crude and I like to tell you like it is. So I apologise in advance if I offend you.

My journey so far Just over two years ago, my better half and I made the decision to forge our own path in life and pursue our own Fastlane. You might know her, @Kerin12, and you can follow her amazing journey here. Prior to this I had no ‘entrepreneurial’ experiences whatsoever (to be honest this is my first blog post ever!), just a burning desire to make the most out of my life by continuously improving myself to be the best I can be. I was your standard half swiss, half chinese, born in Australia, kid who grew up on a farm riding horses, chasing cows and making fences. Eventually moving to the beach in my teenage years and spent most days surfing, going to the pub, totalling cars and getting involved in ‘high-risk’ businesses - You know, the idiot’s guide for “the road to success”… or the road into a fking telegraph pole – which did eventually happen.

Although only being half Chinese, my life was flooded with strong beliefs of the traditional (which was sold as the 'only') way of making money – study hard, get good grades, get a good degree, get a good job, save money, buy a house, buy another house, play the stock market, lose money in the stock market, complain that the market was against me, work more and then someday…....... I’ll be able to enjoy all that I worked so hard for. Yeah that sounds fkn awesome. NOT! Nevertheless since that was all I had been exposed to and because I was too much of a fkng p*ssy to do anything different, I did as I was told – I got good grades, I got the Finance/Law double degree, I got the ‘stable’ job in an big investment bank but I didn’t buy the house. When push came to shove I listened to my spidey senses decided not to sink all my money into something I didn't really want or afford and get no return for it. But even after all my 'successes', for some reason… I looked at my life and said that’s not who I am and that's not how I want to live my life. (I will create another post on my psychological journey to the Fastlane mindset in the weeks to come).

I’m 29 now and 7 months ago I made the decision to quit my six-figure job, and I’m going full steam ahead with @Kerin12 and we’re forging our own Fastlane path. The Millionaire Fastlane and the Fastlane Forum has changed our lives completely and without it, we would not have made it as far as we have today.

I’ll do my best at providing insights and updates on what I’m working on but I really like talking/writing about mindset, psychology and looking at things in a different perspective so I’ll write up some posts about that as well.

Thanks to @MJ DeMarco who has made this community what it is and I hope to provide some valuable and inspiring, or at least thought-provoking, material for those who feel there is something more to life and want to conquer the world!

Welcome and awesome intro. Now, let me tell you some of the things @Kerin12 has been saying about you... Just kidding. It will interesting to hear how you transitioned your mind set to the fastlane. Cheers. Mate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014