The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Be freelance at 16

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

zizou

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 28, 2021
Hello I am 16 years old and I have a plan to help as many people as possible to start as a freelance web designer. For this I have looked for websites such as fiverr, upwork or 5euros.com but on all these sites they ask for an age verification which is problematic since I am underage.
Do you know any way to approach clients without niche sites?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

You have to go directly, with no intermediary.

Find a local shop, sell them, and contract for payment. Because you are young, you will need cash payment, or a check made out to you. And then you need a bank account in your name, or you need your parents help.

zizou

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 28, 2021
You have to go directly, with no intermediary.

Find a local shop, sell them, and contract for payment. Because you are young, you will need cash payment, or a check made out to you. And then you need a bank account in your name, or you need your parents help.
hello MJ why i need a bank account in ma name if shop pay me in cash ?

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
hello MJ why i need a bank account in ma name if shop pay me in cash ?
Be resourceful. Maybe get your parent's permission and use them as leverage? Or ask someone in your family to help you? Your grandma? Maybe tell your grandma she's going to get hefty commissions if she gets involved by letting you use her bank account?

If none work, then make your clients pay you in cash, you'll save a lot more money that way.
Just make it simple for them, start with the people in your social circle(I'm pretty sure you know some business owners, unless you've been living under a rock or something which I don't think you are), as these are the easiest clients to start closing. They already have that strong know, trust and like factor with you.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Hello I am 16 years old and I have a plan to help as many people as possible to start as a freelance web designer. For this I have looked for websites such as fiverr, upwork or 5euros.com but on all these sites they ask for an age verification which is problematic since I am underage.
In person, telephone, email, drive traffic to a landing page/funnel, Shy Broadcast, your website...
There's so many ways.

If you want to know the mechanics of how to do the above, you'll need to search the forum, there's a lot of info for web designers on how to make sales.

I garnered all the methods above just from reading posts regularly.
There's loads of threads in the same section you posted this.
I found this after a quick look at the threads.
Post in thread 'Quick Question On Getting Customers in Web Design' WEB SCHOOL - Quick Question On Getting Customers in Web Design

Read @Fox threads and his marketplace posts.

Also check out progress/execution threads of web designers, should be useful info there.

I haven't tried any of them in selling web design, but the general consensus is that they work.

To find customers you have to be proactive and get their interest.

Think about it this way:

If you were a busy exec or business owner, what would get you to reply/engage to a random email, voicemail, telephone call or visitor trying to sell you something?

Of course everyone's buying motives are different but once you understand human nature and why people do what they do, you're halfway to the sale.

zizou

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 28, 2021
Thank you so much for all this value and i'm asking, do you think that the small restaurants or shop in my city would be potential customers?

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Thank you so much for all this value and i'm asking, do you think that the small restaurants or shop in my city would be potential customers?
Yes, but they don't have a large budget.

Ask yourself this when prospecting for customers:

How much in annual sales will a website bring them?

What is the average revenue per sale?

Can their business easily scale to accommodate increase in sales?

Are their customers geographically dependant?

If you want to target local companies, think about businesses that have a high revenue per sale.
One extra customer from a new website for a coffee shop might bring in 10 bucks a day.
A new customer for an industrial cleaning company may be worth thousands a month.

Who will pay more for a website?
It's about value, what's it worth to them?

zizou

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 28, 2021
Yes, but they don't have a large budget.

Ask yourself this when prospecting for customers:

How much in annual sales will a website bring them?

What is the average revenue per sale?

Can their business easily scale to accommodate increase in sales?

Are their customers geographically dependant?

If you want to target local companies, think about businesses that have a high revenue per sale.
One extra customer from a new website for a coffee shop might bring in 10 bucks a day.
A new customer for an industrial cleaning company may be worth thousands a month.

Who will pay more for a website?
It's about value, what's it worth to them?
Ok I'll take that into account right away but looking around most of the companies in my city already have a great site. How to find the companies without sites or with non-performing sites?

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Ok I'll take that into account right away but looking around most of the companies in my city already have a great site. How to find the companies without sites or with non-performing sites?
Allow an old man to tell you a tale.

A long long time ago, in the dark days before internet we used a magical book to reach them on a contraption, which roughly translates from Latin as "sound from afar"

We used to the book to find the magic code which when invoked, our contraption alerted the party we wanted to contact.

Then by some mysterious force we could speak to the other party over vast distance as if we were in the same room.

Alas the book has vanished into the ether, but it has been preserved on the internet and the contraption was subsumed into modern communication devices, although it's seldom used and hidden deep within its bowels.

Of course you can still use Google to find businesses without websites and it even gives you the magical code to speak with them should you have the courage to cast a spell and summon them.

Good luck on your quest brave warrior.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.