The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Back to The Fastlane

Sisyphos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 12, 2023
Hi Fastlane Folk,
I wanna introduce myself real quick, not like anyone gives a shit but maybe it’s insightful.

I’m a very average guy. Average looks, average strength, average grades. When I was 15 I saw a video about the power of books and in this video there was a book recommend, a book about entrepreneurship The Millionare Fastlane. Since I was literally obsessed with money starting from a young age 3-5 and have spent my afternoons after school since I was 10 on the web researching how to make money I was intrigued by the book. I read it and it sparked an interest in entrepreneurship with me. But a few months later my life went down a different path I didn’t expect.

With 15 I started drinking. At first it was fun and just something you would do at the lake because it was fun. Weed also started to play a role and a funny experiment with substances led to a year long alcohol and weed binge. Some other substances were also sometimes included, but due to the scarcity of the substance in the village i live in an addiction wasn’t formed or I would probably not be here writing this post but 4 feet underground getting eaten by maggots. Thankfully I was able to part ways with excessive drinking and smoking largely due to a friend of mine who lifted me out of the situation and also by my own willpower, a bit at least.

The entrepreneurial spirit as you can probably imagine wasn’t intact during this phase of my life but afterwards it sparked again since I didn’t like school and still thought it was a hoax. I started a CBD Business (lol), which is theoretically a very good business because gross margins are insane. But there are a few catches. You can’t make any claims about it having and effect and you also can’t advertise on Facebook which was a huge problem. Influencers had to do the job and I actually got some sales but my incredible laziness and ADHD (no excuse I know) led me to not acting although the shop could have even had a positive CF if I wasn’t so lazy. I shut the shop down because the 60$ for Shopify burnt a hole in my pocket (16-17 at that time) and I didn’t have enough resources to pay influencers nor buy more inventory and the inventory I had was successfully ranced.

Since then a few years have passed. I graduated highschool and got into an ok college pursuing a degree in economics. College helps me with a few things like being less lazy and procrastinating less but in general it’s just a path into a 40 year employment. Maybe a well paid one like a consultant, but at the end it’s still a job and at that one with a 60 hour work week. I’m still wondering if I should reactivate my old business or strive for something new like an app (have a CENTS idea) or maybe just building a following on social media. I’d love to hear your input and I wish you a wonderful day. Thanks for reading and giving me your time!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi Fastlane Folk,
I wanna introduce myself real quick, not like anyone gives a shit but maybe it’s insightful.

I’m a very average guy. Average looks, average strength, average grades. When I was 15 I saw a video about the power of books and in this video there was a book recommend, a book about entrepreneurship The Millionare Fastlane. Since I was literally obsessed with money starting from a young age 3-5 and have spent my afternoons after school since I was 10 on the web researching how to make money I was intrigued by the book. I read it and it sparked an interest in entrepreneurship with me. But a few months later my life went down a different path I didn’t expect.

With 15 I started drinking. At first it was fun and just something you would do at the lake because it was fun. Weed also started to play a role and a funny experiment with substances led to a year long alcohol and weed binge. Some other substances were also sometimes included, but due to the scarcity of the substance in the village i live in an addiction wasn’t formed or I would probably not be here writing this post but 4 feet underground getting eaten by maggots. Thankfully I was able to part ways with excessive drinking and smoking largely due to a friend of mine who lifted me out of the situation and also by my own willpower, a bit at least.

The entrepreneurial spirit as you can probably imagine wasn’t intact during this phase of my life but afterwards it sparked again since I didn’t like school and still thought it was a hoax. I started a CBD Business (lol), which is theoretically a very good business because gross margins are insane. But there are a few catches. You can’t make any claims about it having and effect and you also can’t advertise on Facebook which was a huge problem. Influencers had to do the job and I actually got some sales but my incredible laziness and ADHD (no excuse I know) led me to not acting although the shop could have even had a positive CF if I wasn’t so lazy. I shut the shop down because the 60$ for Shopify burnt a hole in my pocket (16-17 at that time) and I didn’t have enough resources to pay influencers nor buy more inventory and the inventory I had was successfully ranced.

Since then a few years have passed. I graduated highschool and got into an ok college pursuing a degree in economics. College helps me with a few things like being less lazy and procrastinating less but in general it’s just a path into a 40 year employment. Maybe a well paid one like a consultant, but at the end it’s still a job and at that one with a 60 hour work week. I’m still wondering if I should reactivate my old business or strive for something new like an app (have a CENTS idea) or maybe just building a following on social media. I’d love to hear your input and I wish you a wonderful day. Thanks for reading and giving me your time!
Lol I didn't know what CBD business is until I google it.

CBD always stood for Central Business District to me.

If it is legal what is stopping you to go back and do it again.

Sisyphos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 12, 2023
Lol I didn't know what CBD business is until I google it.

CBD always stood for Central Business District to me.

If it is legal what is stopping you to go back and do it again.
Problem for me right now are 2 things. First there is no advertising on Facebook and I don't think Google is possible either. The only thing possible would be to grow a Tiktok account with my hand pressed hemp oil. ;)
Paypal also doesn't support CBD so it won't be possible to pay with Paypal on my shop, once it gets to big. But yea in theory it should work especially once one can branch out to other niches. Have a good one!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Problem for me right now are 2 things. First there is no advertising on Facebook and I don't think Google is possible either. The only thing possible would be to grow a Tiktok account with my hand pressed hemp oil. ;)
Paypal also doesn't support CBD so it won't be possible to pay with Paypal on my shop, once it gets to big. But yea in theory it should work especially once one can branch out to other niches. Have a good one!
No sure if it works but crypto ecosystem is something worth looking.

Decentralized payment system and decentralized social media

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sisyphos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 12, 2023
No sure if it works but crypto ecosystem is something worth looking.

Decentralized payment system and decentralized social media
Hmm I'll look into it. Crypto payment via bitpay e.g. should probably be pretty easily integrated into a Shopify Store. Ty

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...