What's new

Back to business - intro

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

JamesAnnaLee

New Contributor
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
20
Rep Bank
$595
User Power: 195%
Hi Everyone,
I've been here a month or so now so I thought it was time to introduce myself.

When I was in my teens & early 20's I was pretty entrepreneurial, but danm it was hard work back then, I spent so much time & effort & at the end of it all I had an average salary for many X the effort. I let that business fizzle out & decided it would be easier to build the life I wanted by working as a contractor & setting my own rates.

That's worked fairly well though for the majority of my 20s I'd set myself up with a 3 day workweek, and though the power of the internet travelled Europe for years at a time & brought 2 great kids into the world, one of which was born on our travels in Portugal. As working lives go I guess it's pretty good & it's been a blessing to spend so much time with the children - but I want more.

We currently live on a narrowboat & continuously cruise the waterways mostly sticking around the peak district. Even with X million in the bank I'm not sure we'd move off the boat and live in a house/smallholding - but I want the choice & I want it in the form of a choice that doesn't couple me to a 5-day workweek for the rest of my life (a mortgage). So I guess that's my driver at the moment.

As a software developer of 15 or so years now (Since I was roughly 14 & building a game website to get around the website blocks on our school computers) I've spent a lot of time producing & problem solving & providing value but instead of reaping the benefits of that value, my customers did. & they paid me a set sum for my time.

Reading @MJ DeMarco 's books I had a couple of realisations, but I guess the main one was that this business I have is basically a glorified Job. The other was that I don't need to invent something completely different/new to offer value I can just do something that already exists better than the competition & maybe the last was I can make a "SASS" without it being targeted at developers.

Anyway, those 3 realisations spurred me into action & after reading all 3 books 2 or so months ago we (myself & my wife) have built the initial version of our service & last night got our first propper lead (not a sale just yet).

Anyway that's me & where I'm at - at least from a business perspective.

- James
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jo Iwiszupi,
O'wi ciip jisi e nupvj us tu pux tu O vjuahjv ov xet voni vu opvsufadi nztimg.

Xjip O xet op nz viipt & iesmz 20't O xet qsivvz ipvsiqsipiasoem, cav fepn ov xet jesf xusl cedl vjip, O tqipv tu nadj voni & iggusv & ev vji ipf ug ov emm O jef ep ewisehi temesz gus nepz Y vji iggusv. O miv vjev catopitt gobbmi uav & fidofif ov xuamf ci ietois vu caomf vji mogi O xepvif cz xusloph et e dupvsedvus & tivvoph nz uxp sevit.

Vjev't xuslif geosmz ximm vjuahj gus vji nekusovz ug nz 20t O'f tiv nztimg aq xovj e 3 fez xuslxiil, epf vjuahj vji quxis ug vji opvispiv vsewimmif Iasuqi gus ziest ev e voni & csuahjv 2 hsiev loft opvu vji xusmf, upi ug xjodj xet cusp up uas vsewimt op Qusvahem. Et xusloph mowit hu O haitt ov't qsivvz huuf & ov't ciip e cmittoph vu tqipf tu nadj voni xovj vji djomfsip - cav O xepv nusi.

Xi dassipvmz mowi up e pessuxcuev & dupvopauatmz dsaoti vji xevisxezt nutvmz tvodloph esuapf vji qiel fotvsodv. Iwip xovj Y nommoup op vji cepl O'n puv tasi xi'f nuwi ugg vji cuev epf mowi op e juati/tnemmjumfoph - cav O xepv vji djuodi & O xepv ov op vji gusn ug e djuodi vjev fuitp'v duaqmi ni vu e 5-fez xuslxiil gus vji sitv ug nz mogi (e nusvhehi). Tu O haitt vjev't nz fsowis ev vji nunipv.

Et e tugvxesi fiwimuqis ug 15 us tu ziest pux (Topdi O xet suahjmz 14 & caomfoph e heni xictovi vu hiv esuapf vji xictovi cmudlt up uas tdjuum dunqavist) O'wi tqipv e muv ug voni qsufadoph & qsucmin tumwoph & qsuwofoph wemai cav optvief ug sieqoph vji cipigovt ug vjev wemai, nz datvunist fof. & vjiz qeof ni e tiv tan gus nz voni.

Siefoph @NK FiNesdu 't cuult O jef e duaqmi ug siemotevoupt, cav O haitt vji neop upi xet vjev vjot catopitt O jewi ot cetodemmz e hmusogoif Kuc. Vji uvjis xet vjev O fup'v piif vu opwipv tunivjoph dunqmivimz foggisipv/pix vu uggis wemai O dep katv fu tunivjoph vjev emsiefz iyotvt civvis vjep vji dunqivovoup & nezci vji metv xet O dep neli e "TETT" xovjuav ov cioph veshivif ev fiwimuqist.

Epzxez, vjuti 3 siemotevoupt tqassif ni opvu edvoup & egvis siefoph emm 3 cuult 2 us tu nupvjt ehu xi (nztimg & nz xogi) jewi caomv vji opovoem wistoup ug uas tiswodi & metv pohjv huv uas gostv qsuqqis mief (puv e temi katv ziv).

Epzxez vjev't ni & xjisi O'n ev - ev mietv gsun e catopitt qistqidvowi.

- Kenit
Jo, Kenit
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom