The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Avengers: Infinity War Discussion

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Hands down the best Marvel movie to date in my opinion. Mostly if not entirely because of Thanos. I think he's unquestionably the best villain that they've ever had. You could even argue that he's not really even a villain.The action for the most part is done well.Bigger Dinklage was a huge surprise .

God damn!!! Thanos is awesome!

latest

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastLaner007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jan 28, 2014
Just watched it today. Brilliant movie with loads of action. Only thing is I didn't get the ending. May be it's for the next part.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
+1 ... was in shock through the credits...... theater was crazy.....

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
No, Black Panther is the best Marvel movie out.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Taking nothing away from black panther, by far the best movie i seen in 2018 , until infinity war... Thano's army destroys the defense in Wakanda like a walk in the park
@ZCP same here , theater was berserk... all i saw on everyone's face was "WTF", Some wer crying ( Spidys fan i bet) .

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
The only part i hated was , how 2 of the strongest Avengers (Scarlet Witch and Vision) were struggling with 2 of Thanos' pawns, so the 3 weakest Avengers (Cap, Falcon & Widow) come in and save them. "No Ways"

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Reminder: There's a SPOILER tag here at the forum. Might be good to use it if discussing outcomes, at least at the early stages of this thread.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Reminder: There's a SPOILER tag here at the forum. Might be good to use it if discussing outcomes, at least at the early stages of this thread.

I saw it last night. I don’t normally like any of the Marvel movies but I did like this one.

I wasn’t familiar with many of the superheroes in it like vision or scarlet witch, who I read about this morning after I saw the movie. And apparently she’s a very powerful superhero so yes some parts of the movie did not make any sense to me after knowing who was who.

But overall the movie was very good and entertaining and funny.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
The action for the most part is done well.

Way way way overdone. Ten stories in one. This was a saga. On and on and on.

Doctor Octopus in Spiderman was a much better movie. A study in how to make a truly great super hero movie. Focused - much more action (ratio to the entire movie) - and much more exciting.

How long was this thing? I got out three hours later, but I don't know how long the previews were, so it was somewhat less than three hours.

The plots get more outlandish all the time. There is a limit to stretching things. Thor pulls an entire space station into alignment with his (mighty) two arms alone, and then endures a furnace that melts metal? Sure. No problem. Why the hell not? I suppose Spidey can lift an entire aircraft carrier with one arm, and one strand of web, too? THAT would be a much easier task. See? Too much stretching and it crosses the line into being just sickening.

No, Black Panther is the best Marvel movie out.

At least this was a focused movie. It went 9 innings - like a movie is supposed to, and it did it well. 50 innings - way way way too damn much. I wasn't the only one that thought this. In the bathroom, several guys were saying they're never going to see another Marvel movie again.

Feed my brain and impress me. Spider Man - Iron Man - Thor - Superman - Bat Man - Harry Potter, even - can all do it extremely well. Don't numb it with an endless story zig zagging all over the place.

Several parts WERE excellent - the dark wizard being defeated by Iron Man. Brilliant! I was really thinking there was no way out of that. Very well done.

Thannos - well done. Of course, the best villain ever. With a personality as a bonus!

But overall - way too stupid and way too long in too many parts.

By the way, you won't find a bigger Marvel Fan than me. I collect autographed Marvel vintage comics. The good ones start at $400 or so, and go up from there. And speaking of comics - today - there are no new super heroes today of any stature. Know why? It's a lost art. Less is more, but that part has been forgotten. More is not better all the time. This movie is a perfect example of that.

As long as I'm flaming you die-hards, might as well throw in the moaning Big Foot and the beepity boopity rolling trash can from Star Wars. Pathetic. Who thinks up this crap?

I wonder how many here can be mature enough to call it the way it is?

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Just saw it in Imax. I have been getting pretty tired of recent marvel movies - it is just a bunch of invincible dudes punching each other over and over.

However, I absolutely LOVED this movie! I enjoyed the first half better than the second, but that is just a testament to just how strong of a first half this movie was. Even my wife, who tunes out Marvel movies after about an hour and when the fighting starts, really enjoyed this one.

Sure there were some issues. The fact that Captain America and Black Widow could even pretend to keep up with the baddies is just laughable, but other than a few gaffes like that it was just fantastic. Can't wait for the second installment!

I did miss Adam Warlock though, hope they bring him out for #2.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I did miss Adam Warlock though, hope they bring him out for #2.

Have you read the comics? Particularly, the six issues of Infinity Gauntlet. From what I can remember. Doctor Strange is filling in the roll of Adam Warlock. Much like Hulk is doing for Silver Surfer.

I read a lot of comics, growing up, lol. Memory is a bit foggy on this.

How Doctor Strange, looks into the future, the only way speech, he reminds me of Adam Warlock, from the comic.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I wonder how many here can be mature enough to call it the way it is?

Nothing to do with being mature or not. Only with different tastes and opinions.

Saw the movie on Monday absolutely loved it.

Sure, there were some things not perfect. Thanos using the different powers of the stones only when the plot needs him to do, instead of, like, all the time. But what movie is perfect?

The end of it was one of the best movie endings I ever saw. Devastating as F*ck and making you want to skip the next year until the next one comes out as fast as possible.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Nothing to do with being mature or not. Only with different tastes and opinions.

You are absolutely right. This came out very wrong. It was not what I meant.

What I meant to say was, can someone have a different opinion and not be ganged up on and called an idiot? This happens so often on the internet with the oh so brave keyboard warriors out there. I'm glad this forum goes against that trend.

I merely wanted a different point of view respected - and you stated that a lot better than I did.

Thanks for your input - I learned how to phrase things much better because of it.

BTW - in the end, the heroes didn't die. I am into Marvel pretty heavily, and the key players all have sequels in progress. They'll be back (said in my snarliest Terminator voice).

Gotta hand it to Stan Lee. He knows how to make block busters and keep his customers happy! I've got a message into him; I'm available if he needs help on the next installments. He hasn't answered me back yet, which I find odd - I thought he would have called me right away. (LOL)

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Just saw it in Imax. I have been getting pretty tired of recent marvel movies - it is just a bunch of invincible dudes punching each other over and over.

For a much better movie in IMAX, see Rampage. It's out now.

I think you'll agree that Dwayne Johnson delivers like nobody else can. If there is ANY movie to see in IMAX, this is the one! I liked it better than the Marvel fare that is just getting too far out of hand.

Don't be late - the beginning of this movie is intense.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Doctor strange vs Thanos is probably one of the best Marvel movie fights ever made.
Sort of a spoiler:
That was kinda WTF for me. Earlier on, Wong created one of those spinny/sparkly portals, put it on a Big Bad's arm, then closed it -- poof, BB's arm is now in another dimension somewhere.

Why didn't Dr. Strange do that do Thanos!? Would have made a LOT more sense than trying to yank the gauntlet off his arm...

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
Went to watch it last week and had a lot of fun.

Thanos was pretty badass, but MVP was THHHOOOOORRRR!

Not familiar with the comics so don't care too much about nitpicking the details (nor how 'unrealistic' a comic book movie is).

I was hoping to see more Hulk though..

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
I'm late to the Marvel world (minus Deadpool). I didnt join til Black Panther.

Then I went & watched Civil War to see how they brought Black Panther in.

Then I watched Infinity War but I didn't really understand some of the story because I didn't see the other movies.

So I went & watched them all.

I realized that I been missing out cuz all the movies got me hooked.

Infinity War is the best of all cuz damn that shit was good.

It was so good, I was pissed that it ended. It should have been longer.

Was going to see it again today but got caught up on business.

Going to see it again tomorrow.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Based on how the movie made me feel. And the immersion I found myself in while watching. Best movie I’ve ever watched.

Litza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 24, 2018
Valencia, Spain
Hands down the best Marvel movie to date in my opinion. Mostly if not entirely because of Thanos. I think he's unquestionably the best villain that they've ever had. You could even argue that he's not really even a villain.The action for the most part is done well.Bigger Dinklage was a huge surprise .

God damn!!! Thanos is awesome!

latest

I watched it yesterday. And I have to say all I think is: why do people like it? what do they see in it? The dialogues are so poor. The characters don´t develop because there are too many. The story is so shallow. The only interesting thing of the movie (Thanos beliefs), that could have generated something worth a movie, was limited to a line. I don´t know, maybe I´m a DC girl, who knows...

Last edited:

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
The dialogues are so poor. The characters don´t develop because there are too many. The story is so shallow.

Well thank you. I thought I was the only one.

These movies are indeed so shallow. They remind me of the transformer movies (big robots, if you have been lucky enough to avoid them and don't know what they are). They just go on and on and on - bashing one another back and forth. [Yawn]

And the fast and furious movies are the same way. A car chase scene that never ends. It's not like we haven't all heard engines rev up, tires squeel, and people scream too many times already. A little imagination could go a long ways in these idiotic movies. I'm starting to detest even SEEING Van Diesel.

You know who gets it? Watch the John Wick movies. They pull you in instead of pushing you away. That's what damn good movie making is all about!

Thanks for your honest look at things. I think you just "outgrow" this stuff in time. I need a plot in a movie that makes me think. Even Austin Powers made fun of the oh so predictable James Bond movies that were getting to be just one big special effects fest. It gets tiring.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

At 4:50 in the second video, it shows the Avengers.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I’m kind of over everyone complaining that Infinity War didn’t have character development.

There has been 10 years and 18 movies worth of character development. The point of this movie was to bring it all to a climax, not to develop characters.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I felt dissapointed. Too much illogical crap, too predictable, but the effects were fukin incredible.

• Why not use wizard portal to chop off thanos arm like they did with the big monster earlier.
  • Why da fuk dr strange gave up time crystal just to save iron man(i presume he saw this as part of the only 1 future path to save everyone but didn't bother sharing his revelation...)
  • How the fuk Iron Man even survive that stab...
  • Why the fuk vision is suddenly such a damn pushover everyone fuks him up
  • Wtf happened to the Hulk movie budget.
  • Where the fuk was Thor during the entire time Thanos was on wakanda slowly getting closer to Vision
  • WHY DIDN"T DR.STRANGE USE TIME CRYSTAL TO GO BACK IN TIME WHEN THANOS WAS A WITTLE BABY AND KILL HITLER THANOS BEFORE HE WAS THANOS. comic books man.....
  • Is Star Lord really that much of a bitch that moments before they pulled of Thanos glove he ruins the whole thing...?
  • Wtf happen to the fat asian wizard, thanks for not helping out at all.

whatever man... i think the movie was pretty stupid. I did like Civil War, the conflict was more even sided. Infinite War was just OP for thanos. He couldn't lose thanks to plot armor.

Of course the disappearing of the all side characters at the end had no emotional impact on me whatever while half the theater was gasping... I already know everything will be neatly tidied up somehow, cause its comics baby.

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I watched it yesterday. And I have to say all I think is: why do people like it? what do they see in it? The dialogues are so poor. The characters don´t develop because there are too many. The story is so shallow. The only interesting thing of the movie (Thanos beliefs), that could have generated something worth a movie, was limited to a line. I don´t know, maybe I´m a DC girl, who knows...
You probably don't follow the comics, right?

The comics is what makes this an indoctrinated fiends direct shot in the arm.

I've been waiting on this for nearly...what...25ish years?

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
You probably don't follow the comics, right?

The comics is what makes this an indoctrinated fiends direct shot in the arm.

I've been waiting on this for nearly...what...25ish years?

Come on man - @luniac is right on the money...

• Why not use wizard portal to chop off thanos arm like they did with the big monster earlier.
  • Why da fuk dr strange gave up time crystal just to save iron man(i presume he saw this as part of the only 1 future path to save everyone but didn't bother sharing his revelation...)
  • How the fuk Iron Man even survive that stab...
  • Why the fuk vision is suddenly such a damn pushover everyone fuks him up
  • Wtf happened to the Hulk movie budget.
  • Where the fuk was Thor during the entire time Thanos was on wakanda slowly getting closer to Vision
  • WHY DIDN"T DR.STRANGE USE TIME CRYSTAL TO GO BACK IN TIME WHEN THANOS WAS A WITTLE BABY AND KILL HITLER THANOS BEFORE HE WAS THANOS. comic books man.....
  • Is Star Lord really that much of a bitch that moments before they pulled of Thanos glove he ruins the whole thing...?
  • Wtf happen to the fat asian wizard, thanks for not helping out at all.

They threw this together as a cash cow. I wouldn't even say it had a plot. It was more like tag team wrestling. One hero after another - after another - and so on.

I'm done with Marvel. But I still collect their comic books from the golden and bronze age of comics. If this is the best the "new generation" of directors and/or writers can do - find your own super heroes. Don't ruin mine.

Stan Lee used to be a hero of mine - now I see he's turned corporate profiteer. So sad. I don't know if he's just sold out to the crank em out method of movie making, or if he just wants to dumb em down to grab the preteen audience that can stomach the video game format of constant bashing. Maybe both.

The good old days of Vulture and Rhino and Doctor Octopus - those were so much more basic stories - and so much better. Anybody remember those villains? Classic man - it's classic. It's not a commodity to exploit. Just like the 39 Ford Rods - in a class all by themselves. If you can't improve on them, leave them be. Get a Toyota and put a scoop on the hood - and show the world how little you know about what a car is... LOL. This generation...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.