The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Attempting to Build A Productocracy [Niche > Problem > Pre-sell > Solution]

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Book update:
Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone - @Miketing @Andy Black @WJK and so many of the amazing forum members for helping forge this journey so far! I really am grateful!

book_on_shelf.jpeg
A customer's shelf by the way, wonder if you can guess which one is mine haha

The book needs some polishing but apart from that it's starting to shape up quite solidly. Looking forward to it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oneac

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jul 29, 2022
Book update:
Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone - @Miketing @Andy Black @WJK and so many of the amazing forum members for helping forge this journey so far! I really am grateful!

View attachment 52384
A customer's shelf by the way, wonder if you can guess which one is mine haha

The book needs some polishing but apart from that it's starting to shape up quite solidly. Looking forward to it!
I can't image how satisfying that must feel (yet )

Amazing stuff @Edgar King

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 562-568
Offer revamp - solve problems, video conversions increase, on site conversions increase, beta reader sale

Just as a recap, the goal of my progress thread is to birth a productocracy because that's just really cool for all parties involved based on finding a starving crowd. I believe the high level action for that sums up to two sentences...

Just start (sell something - courtesy of Andy Black and WJK kicking my butt to action haha - I figured window cleaning wasn't necessarily for me so I switched to the current venture I'm in to a problem I was passionate about). Iterate to a productocracy (create something that gives a prospect a desired result without the big pain point now or in the future).

At a high level I believe this comes down to marketing and product development.

For my marketing - this has been posting on one channel which is TikTok about 3 times a week at least. Each video is able to garner at least 1000-10000 views and I'm looking for ways to make my content better to increase the views or some other method such as podcasting to do so. The process to create a video is to surf my relevant target market subreddit > find a problem they're facing > offer a real solution to it > that's the video in the form of a music video or a longer form video. The conversions come about when I add a "fly-hook" in the comments section such as...

"If you liked this, you might like my book, called "bookname" linked in my bio"

This so far has allowed a conversion rate of 0.1% to the site - a far cry from the proposed average of 1% I've often heard about.

For product development - it's about being in contact with readers of the book in terms of google docs I send them or in just posting book bits. I hear their feedback and solve the problem that could stop them from reaching the dream outcome - progress can be measured as the number of problems solved in a period of time from the book bit. In recruiting readers I've now created a google sheet that allows me to follow up with these readers at appropriate times.

On a side note, I recently asked a beta reader who left a review that he could leave it on my new edition of the book - of which he ended up buying it for which I was grateful.

For product development, the goal is for a product that helps the average reader change their thinking, behaviour and results that they consciously desired in buying the product in the present or future. Technically speaking, this has happened actually based on the feedback I've got. I suppose what I'm doing now is just refining it for that to happen more frequently and to remove the core blocks in achieving that.

For marketing, the goal is to make a sale x in a month, make 10x that, then make that "10x" consistently in sales in a month (10 sales a month), then make 10x that and so on. Based on my observations, the current goal is making that "10x"in sales consistently in a month.

The product development solution sounds simple - increase the numbers of readers and increase the number of worked problems those readers face in achieving the dream outcome - It's definitely a work in progress.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase views or increase video conversions - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 569-575
Offer revamp - solve problems, (semi) viral video, fly hook-video conversions, follow up sheets-beta readers

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in applying the material in the book to reach the dream outcome - a beta reader actually pointed out a core area of the book I had to work on so I'm sending them the new edits to review.

Thanks to @Spenny and @Fox I was able to cook up a semi-viral video this week. It's not like it went over 10K in views though, but that's definitely relatively viral compared to my usual videos and it again proves going viral in your videos is not luck. I'm not sure what I've learned will produce the same results consistently but it's a start and I'd like to share it anyway -

Here's are the takeaways to make a viral video -
  • Give value in content - Real Activity’er, real pain point/desire (hook - open loop), real high-level action (lever), real (story with) solution - close loop - The box/video format

• Make a video that's (relatively) satisfying (they get a perceived value- scale/mag/sig/value of a topic * change (entertain/educate | solve/relate/validate/comfort) / time expenses) * value modifier (open loop to cause a hook for a scale x magnitude of people) per time (audience retention) and (directly/indirectly) sells your product to your target market - The voiled box
  • The hook (open loop): expectations (what I have/know) ≠ About a topic or activity ≠ reality (what I want/is) -> curious/question? Content that is valuable and interesting to watch → viral content.
  • Idea: Viral box + viral voil (target market) = viral video
  • Make a video that's the answer to, "Would this video be something I'd not be surprised if it were viral (a subjectively good video)?"
Despite the video getting a lot more views than usual though, the conversions to the website remained almost similar even though I posted a link to the book in the comment section. My guess is I didn't "sell" the value of the click enough - don't just tell your audience to do something, tell them why and how it could help - this is the hypothesis for the next experiment.

I've built a follow up table with google sheets. I've had some trouble in the past with keeping up with beta readers after sending them the book as I couldn't easily remember their names. By storing their names and date to follow up with them, I can send them the appropriate follow up message to get their feedback on the book so far.

The product development solution sounds simple - increase the numbers of readers and increase the number of worked problems those readers face in achieving the dream outcome - It's definitely a work in progress.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase views or increase video conversions - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Thanks to @Spenny and @Fox I was able to cook up a semi-viral video this week. It's not like it went over 10K in views though, but that's definitely relatively viral compared to my usual videos and it again proves going viral in your videos is not luck. I'm not sure what I've learned will produce the same results consistently but it's a start and I'd like to share it anyway -
It's not the final point. It's the progression. I went from 10's to 100's, 100's to 1000's, 1000's then 10000's. Then bam - a video got picked up and was very engaging. Give yourself a well done for progressing - you're doing great.

My guess is I didn't "sell" the value of the click enough - don't just tell your audience to do something, tell them why and how it could help - this is the hypothesis for the next experiment.
Maybe, but bear in mind that the conversion of views to sales is tiny. Unbelievably tiny. A more accurate measure of potential buyers is looking at followers & taking 10% of that as potential customers, but even then, that's the upper limit.

Now compare lots of social media moguls views vs followers - they are not the same at all.

Think of it this way: the funnel goes view --> like --> follow --> buyer interest --> sale. It gets so tiny near the end.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. As long as what you're selling meets a need & is presented well, keep persisting.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 569-575
Offer revamp - solve problems, (semi) viral video, fly hook-video conversions, follow up sheets-beta readers

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in applying the material in the book to reach the dream outcome - a beta reader actually pointed out a core area of the book I had to work on so I'm sending them the new edits to review.

• Give value in content - Real Activity’er, real pain point/desire (hook - open loop), real high-level action (lever), real (story with) solution - close loop - The box/video format

• Make a video that's (relatively) satisfying (they get a perceived value- scale/mag/sig/value of a topic * change (entertain/educate | solve/relate/validate/comfort) / time expenses) * value modifier (open loop to cause a hook for a scale x magnitude of people) per time (audience retention) and (directly/indirectly) sells your product to your target market - The voiled box
  • The hook (open loop): expectations (what I have/know) ≠ About a topic or activity ≠ reality (what I want/is) -> curious/question? Content that is valuable and interesting to watch → viral content.
  • Make a video that's the answer to, "Would this video be something I'd not be surprised if it were viral (a subjectively good video)?"
Despite the video getting a lot more views than usual though, the conversions to the website remained almost similar even though I posted a link to the book in the comment section. My guess is I didn't "sell" the value of the click enough - don't just tell your audience to do something, tell them why and how it could help - this is the hypothesis for the next experiment.

I've built a follow up table with google sheets. I've had some trouble in the past with keeping up with beta readers after sending them the book as I couldn't easily remember their names. By storing their names and date to follow up with them, I can send them the appropriate follow up message to get their feedback on the book so far.

Log out...
Day 576-582
Offer revamp - solve problems, (semi) viral video, fly hook-video conversions, follow up sheets-beta readers, sale - 1 + 1 = 2

I'm still following the viral formula and it's helped my videos gain more views than usual.

The conversions to the website at the moment with the "fly-hook" stand at about 1 to 1000. Perhaps as I can improve video SEO and brand appeal these numbers may rise.

A customer who bought the book before, liked the book so much he bought another copy to ship it off to a friend. He explained he believed the book could help them as well. Yay.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase views (daily/consistent/seo) or increase video conversions (branding) - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 576-582
Offer revamp - solve problems, (semi) viral video, fly hook-video conversions, follow up sheets-beta readers, sale - 1 + 1 = 2

I'm still following the viral formula and it's helped my videos gain more views than usual.

The conversions to the website at the moment with the "fly-hook" stand at about 1 to 1000. Perhaps as I can improve video SEO and brand appeal these numbers may rise.

A customer who bought the book before, liked the book so much he bought another copy to ship it off to a friend. He explained he believed the book could help them as well. Yay.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase views (daily/consistent/seo) or increase video conversions (branding) - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 583-589
Offer revamp - solve problems, follow up sheets-beta readers, book ideas, new record - sale

Creating a systematised process for following up with beta readers revealed new insights - they hadn't started reading the book - reason: "busy" - guess as to why? They hadn't yet seen the value in it. Solution: Forget about asking them to read the book for now. Come in to talk to them as a discussion - post the main book idea instead of the book, see if they subscribe to these ideas and if not, iterate until they themselves believe and subscribe to them. Conclusion: Sell the idea before you sell a product built on it, selling is allowing the user to understand how your product/solution can get them from point A to E, 1 (potential) sale.

I've received my third sale so far for the month which might not be something to write home about - but I am grateful and is an all new record in sales. The conversions on the site are higher now on average as a result of beta reader conversations and working on the book ideas presented accordingly to solve potential problems.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase website views (daily/consistent/seo) or increase video conversions (branding) - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 583-589
Offer revamp - solve problems, follow up sheets-beta readers, book ideas, new record - sale

Creating a systematised process for following up with beta readers revealed new insights - they hadn't started reading the book - reason: "busy" - guess as to why? They hadn't yet seen the value in it. Solution: Forget about asking them to read the book for now. Come in to talk to them as a discussion - post the main book idea instead of the book, see if they subscribe to these ideas and if not, iterate until they themselves believe and subscribe to them. Conclusion: Sell the idea before you sell a product built on it, selling is allowing the user to understand how your product/solution can get them from point A to E, 1 (potential) sale.

I've received my third sale so far for the month which might not be something to write home about - but I am grateful and is an all new record in sales. The conversions on the site are higher now on average as a result of beta reader conversations and working on the book ideas presented accordingly to solve potential problems.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase website views (daily/consistent/seo) or increase video conversions (branding) - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 590-596
Offer revamp - solve problems, influencer marketing strategy(?), buyer interest (influencer), insight

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome - a beta reader actually pointed out a core area of the book I had to work on so I'm sending them the new edits to review (AKA the marketing of the book). Take away: selling is allowing the user to understand how your product/solution can get them from point A to E.

This could be another avenue to market the book - influencer marketing. I have an alternate youtube account in which I solely click around business and social skills topics to immerse myself in my niche - therefore youtube recommends more of these types of videos and allows me to find more of these influencers who make such content - I saw a person's video that was synthesised so well I had to send them an email complimenting them about it, and I dropped in the message I was a social skills author. He was interested in the book I wrote and I've sent it to him and another with a similar approach. Probably will follow up soon. This strategy can definitely be systematised and if the influencer likes your book, they'll probably make a video on it...

Case in point: A reader on the self improvement subreddit I saw was doing a reading challenge who I recommended the book. After explaining the refined book premise he was excited to read the book, add it to his collection and show it on his stream - Of course, paperback is expensive to print and ship so we agreed on an ebook. If you could find influencers in your niche who sometimes review products like yours for the benefit of them and their audience and live around your area - build a good relationship and have a good product, it might be possible to onboard them to checking out and sharing your product with ease and gain the good will of their audience. This strategy sounds appealing on the surface as my skills are probably more in favour with building relationships than making content at the moment. Performing well on this strategy could be about leaning into my personal strengths.

Insight: I've noticed that the people who read social skills books or books in general AND have the problem my book intends to help them solve are often more keen on average to actually get the book. Perhaps I could lean into this and find where they congregate to market more in that area.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 590-596
Offer revamp - solve problems, influencer marketing strategy(?), buyer interest (influencer), insight

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome - a beta reader actually pointed out a core area of the book I had to work on so I'm sending them the new edits to review (AKA the marketing of the book). Take away: selling is allowing the user to understand how your product/solution can get them from point A to E.

This could be another avenue to market the book - influencer marketing. I have an alternate youtube account in which I solely click around business and social skills topics to immerse myself in my niche - therefore youtube recommends more of these types of videos and allows me to find more of these influencers who make such content - I saw a person's video that was synthesised so well I had to send them an email complimenting them about it, and I dropped in the message I was a social skills author. He was interested in the book I wrote and I've sent it to him and another with a similar approach. Probably will follow up soon. This strategy can definitely be systematised and if the influencer likes your book, they'll probably make a video on it...

Case in point: A reader on the self improvement subreddit I saw was doing a reading challenge who I recommended the book. After explaining the refined book premise he was excited to read the book, add it to his collection and show it on his stream - Of course, paperback is expensive to print and ship so we agreed on an ebook. If you could find influencers in your niche who sometimes review products like yours for the benefit of them and their audience and live around your area - build a good relationship and have a good product, it might be possible to onboard them to checking out and sharing your product with ease and gain the good will of their audience. This strategy sounds appealing on the surface as my skills are probably more in favour with building relationships than making content at the moment. Performing well on this strategy could be about leaning into my personal strengths.

Insight: I've noticed that the people who read social skills books or books in general AND have the problem my book intends to help them solve are often more keen on average to actually get the book. Perhaps I could lean into this and find where they congregate to market more in that area.

Log out...
Day 604-610
Offer revamp - solve problems, copy change, influencer marketing strategy(?), sale

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. For example, making the main concept of the book less technical and more welcoming to an audience - posting the idea on reddit got that post over a hundred reactions so it must be a step in the right direction.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). The very next day after doing so and making a video, I received a sale. I've updated my book material to reflect this new material. The next step from here is to gather more beta readers for the book or people who engage with the material in general.

This could be another avenue to market the book - influencer marketing. I have an alternate youtube account in which I solely click around business and social skills topics to immerse myself in my niche - therefore youtube recommends more of these types of videos and allows me to find more of these influencers who make such content. This strategy can definitely be systematised and if the influencer likes your book, they'll probably make a video on it.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 604-610
Offer revamp - solve problems, copy change, influencer marketing strategy(?), sale

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. For example, making the main concept of the book less technical and more welcoming to an audience - posting the idea on reddit got that post over a hundred reactions so it must be a step in the right direction.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). The very next day after doing so and making a video, I received a sale. I've updated my book material to reflect this new material. The next step from here is to gather more beta readers for the book or people who engage with the material in general.

This could be another avenue to market the book - influencer marketing. I have an alternate youtube account in which I solely click around business and social skills topics to immerse myself in my niche - therefore youtube recommends more of these types of videos and allows me to find more of these influencers who make such content. This strategy can definitely be systematised and if the influencer likes your book, they'll probably make a video on it.

Log out...
Day 611-617
Offer revamp - solve problems, copy change - dms'

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. For example, making the main concept of the book less technical and more welcoming to an audience - I happened to "chop up" the starting point of the book, it's like I'm pushing the goody goody goodness further and further up the page such that if they take a peak into the book, they get the value swifter.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). This allowed me to see a pretty consistent flow of people who say they'd like to read the book in DMs'. The current hurdle is in understanding if they actually open the google doc and exactly where they stop reading (getting quantitative feedback) so I can iterate on that or confirming that I've been able to pass the value to them with the book (getting qualitative feedback) (to my awareness, a customer has bought the book, told me they loved it, and even bought a copy for a friend, but it's possible this was more a one off event - I would like more proof before I pull down less on the product lever and more on the marketing lever e.g. podcasts and the like).

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 611-617

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. For example, making the main concept of the book less technical and more welcoming to an audience - I happened to "chop up" the starting point of the book, it's like I'm pushing the goody goody goodness further and further up the page such that if they take a peak into the book, they get the value swifter.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). This allowed me to see a pretty consistent flow of people who say they'd like to read the book in DMs'. The current hurdle is in understanding if they actually open the google doc and exactly where they stop reading (getting quantitative feedback) so I can iterate on that or confirming that I've been able to pass the value to them with the book (getting qualitative feedback) (to my awareness, a customer has bought the book, told me they loved it, and even bought a copy for a friend, but it's possible this was more a one off event - I would like more proof before I pull down less on the product lever and more on the marketing lever e.g. podcasts and the like).

Log out...
Day 618-624

image_6487327.jpeg

Dm of the week (Of course I forwarded him to MJ's books for methodologies behind how I wrote the book ;))

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. For example, making the start of the book less technical, front loading the "value" and just making it more welcoming to an audience - I happened to "chop up" the starting point of the book, it's like I'm pushing the goody goody goodness further and further up the page such that if they take a peak into the book, they get the value swifter.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). This allowed me to see a pretty consistent flow of people who say they'd like to read the book in DMs'. The current hurdle is in understanding if they actually open the google doc and exactly where they stop reading (getting quantitative feedback) so I can iterate on that or confirming that I've been able to pass the value to them with the book (getting qualitative feedback).

Log out...

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 21, 2023
Day 618-624

View attachment 53364

Dm of the week (Of course I forwarded him to MJ's books for methodologies behind how I wrote the book ;))

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. For example, making the start of the book less technical, front loading the "value" and just making it more welcoming to an audience - I happened to "chop up" the starting point of the book, it's like I'm pushing the goody goody goodness further and further up the page such that if they take a peak into the book, they get the value swifter.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). This allowed me to see a pretty consistent flow of people who say they'd like to read the book in DMs'. The current hurdle is in understanding if they actually open the google doc and exactly where they stop reading (getting quantitative feedback) so I can iterate on that or confirming that I've been able to pass the value to them with the book (getting qualitative feedback).

Log out...
Hey - just recently stumbled upon this thread, your making quite good progress!

I just want to ask, what was your motivation to write this book, like, how did you stumble upon the problem? And also how long did it take to write it?

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Hey - just recently stumbled upon this thread, your making quite good progress!

I just want to ask, what was your motivation to write this book, like, how did you stumble upon the problem? And also how long did it take to write it?
That's a really good question! Let's talk about it!

The Dawn Of This Book

I shed a tear.

“You repeat the same statements over and over again.”

I don’t remember much about what we were talking about, but what I do know is that I wasn’t ever “there” when we were talking. Sometimes, whatever they said passed from one ear and left through another. I even wrote paragraphs about details of people in my notes because I couldn’t keep what they said. In fact, past the basic small talk questions of, “where are you from?”, and ”How are you?”, I had nothing else to say. And even if I did, it would send others running for the hills!

I distanced myself from social situations, keeping them to an absolute minimum. It was no surprise when my social skills spiralled into an even worse condition. I curled up in my bed with loneliness as my blanket to observe the abyss that stared back at me. My blood began to boil and my veins rose to the surface as one thought echoed through my mind.

“I’ll change. I’ll become a better wordsmith!”

[Excuse the "dramatising", I just like the theatrics haha so let's talk about this. Basically, I always knew the key to creating a product people want is to find and scratch an itch in the marketplace - so I started with my own and went online to subreddits and forums to find the most "painful" version of my itch such that I would still be emotionally and logically invested in solving the problem. After pouring through hundreds if not thousands of these posts I started to get the "big picture" of it - it's funny because just a couple of months ago did I narrow down even more on what that picture was for my target audience.]

I began writing, revising, researching, and testing, everything there was to have conversations.

The 1st month was spent scouring the internet: Reddit, Youtube, Tiktok, popular social skills books such as “How To Win Friends And Influence People” by Dale Carnegie, and academic journals to "catch up" with the cutting edge social skills knowledge available.

Then, I spoke with others to create a real conversation. I wanted to create a real connection. Yet I lost and lost and lost and lost and lost.

The 2nd month was spent finding the problems in the social skills sphere such as mind blanking, confidence, keeping a conversation going, and creating a guide on solving these.

Then, I spoke with others to create a real conversation. I wanted to create a real connection. Yet I lost and lost and lost and lost and won.

By the 3rd month, I created a framework to solve the problem of improving social skills and making real friends that want to talk and hang out with you.

Then, I spoke with others to create a real conversation. I wanted to create a real connection. Yet I lost and lost and lost and won and lost.

My conversations got a little longer and someone even reached out to talk and hang out.

By the 4th month, I'd improved the framework to be more effective at making friends and holding conversations.

Then, I spoke with others to create a real conversation. I wanted to create a real connection. Yet I lost and won and won and lost and won.

The difference felt like using a hammer rather than my fingers for a pair of nails, refreshing.

The 5th month was spent finding more cases where the framework went wrong and refining it. I often remember falling asleep at 3am thinking about an issue when a “eureka” moment would make me jump to my notes.

I spoke with others to create a real conversation. I wanted to create a real connection. Then…

“I never give my socials to strangers, but would you mind having mine?”

I won and…

“It was lovely speaking with you.”

Won and…

“I want you to stay in the country, I want you to attend my wedding in the coming years.”

Won and…

“We've been chatting for two hours! Oh, would you like to come for lunch with us?”

Won and…

“You’re so fun to be around and your words are refreshing to hear.”

Won and…

“You’re one of my greatest friends and I hope we can be together forever. Thank you for being my friend.”

Won and won.

What goes into a real conversation? What creates a real connection? The framework in the book is an answer with a process. A framework to talk and connect with anyone.

[Now it's good to note this didn't and hasn't taken just 5 months (Let's keep the word count down a little haha). I started the researching back in September of 2022 and have been pretty on the ball just thinking and throwing the book ideas around to essentially create a better solution that actually solves the problem. Talking with beta readers, reading helpful books such as "how to write a useful book" by Rob Fitz, creating a TikTok to showcase these book ideas helping to refine them. Hope that helps and feel free to ask any other questions you think might help out.]

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 21, 2023
That's a really good question! Let's talk about it!

The Dawn Of This Book

I shed a tear.

“You repeat the same statements over and over again.”

I don’t remember much about what we were talking about, but what I do know is that I wasn’t ever “there” when we were talking. Sometimes, whatever they said passed from one ear and left through another. I even wrote paragraphs about details of people in my notes because I couldn’t keep what they said. In fact, past the basic small talk questions of, “where are you from?”, and ”How are you?”, I had nothing else to say. And even if I did, it would send others running for the hills!

I distanced myself from social situations, keeping them to an absolute minimum. It was no surprise when my social skills spiralled into an even worse condition. I curled up in my bed with loneliness as my blanket to observe the abyss that stared back at me. My blood began to boil and my veins rose to the surface as one thought echoed through my mind.

“I’ll change. I’ll become a better wordsmith!”

[Excuse the "dramatising", I just like the theatrics haha so let's talk about this. Basically, I always knew the key to creating a product people want is to find and scratch an itch in the marketplace - so I started with my own and went online to subreddits and forums to find the most "painful" version of my itch such that I would still be emotionally and logically invested in solving the problem. After pouring through hundreds if not thousands of these posts I started to get the "big picture" of it - it's funny because just a couple of months ago did I narrow down even more on what that picture was for my target audience.]

I began writing, revising, researching, and testing, everything there was to have conversations.

The 1st month was spent scouring the internet: Reddit, Youtube, Tiktok, popular social skills books such as “How To Win Friends And Influence People” by Dale Carnegie, and academic journals to "catch up" with the cutting edge social skills knowledge available.

Then, I spoke with others to create a real conversation. I wanted to create a real connection. Yet I lost and lost and lost and lost and lost.

The 2nd month was spent finding the problems in the social skills sphere such as mind blanking, confidence, keeping a conversation going, and creating a guide on solving these.

Then, I spoke with others to create a real conversation. I wanted to create a real connection. Yet I lost and lost and lost and lost and won.

By the 3rd month, I created a framework to solve the problem of improving social skills and making real friends that want to talk and hang out with you.

Then, I spoke with others to create a real conversation. I wanted to create a real connection. Yet I lost and lost and lost and won and lost.

My conversations got a little longer and someone even reached out to talk and hang out.

By the 4th month, I'd improved the framework to be more effective at making friends and holding conversations.

Then, I spoke with others to create a real conversation. I wanted to create a real connection. Yet I lost and won and won and lost and won.

The difference felt like using a hammer rather than my fingers for a pair of nails, refreshing.

The 5th month was spent finding more cases where the framework went wrong and refining it. I often remember falling asleep at 3am thinking about an issue when a “eureka” moment would make me jump to my notes.

I spoke with others to create a real conversation. I wanted to create a real connection. Then…

“I never give my socials to strangers, but would you mind having mine?”

I won and…

“It was lovely speaking with you.”

Won and…

“I want you to stay in the country, I want you to attend my wedding in the coming years.”

Won and…

“We've been chatting for two hours! Oh, would you like to come for lunch with us?”

Won and…

“You’re so fun to be around and your words are refreshing to hear.”

Won and…

“You’re one of my greatest friends and I hope we can be together forever. Thank you for being my friend.”

Won and won.

What goes into a real conversation? What creates a real connection? The framework in the book is an answer with a process. A framework to talk and connect with anyone.

[Now it's good to note this didn't and hasn't taken just 5 months (Let's keep the word count down a little haha). I started the researching back in September of 2022 and have been pretty on the ball just thinking and throwing the book ideas around to essentially create a better solution that actually solves the problem. Talking with beta readers, reading helpful books such as "how to write a useful book" by Rob Fitz, creating a TikTok to showcase these book ideas helping to refine them. Hope that helps and feel free to ask any other questions you think might help out.]
Wow. Probably the most in-depth answer someone has given me, I really appreciate you taking the time to write this. I love the fact that you've lived the process, and made sure the advice you give is proven and tested.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 625-631
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool, sale (coaching call(?))

View attachment 53364

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week this involved solving the main problems a beta reader had in understanding the material. For example, making the start of the book less technical, front loading the "value" and just making it more welcoming to an audience - I happened to "chop up" the starting point of the book, it's like I'm pushing the goody goody goodness further and further up the page such that if they take a peak into the book, they get the value swifter.

Log out...
Day 625-631
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool, sale (coaching call(?))

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week this involved solving the main problems a beta reader who had finished reading the book in understanding the material. Thankfully they thought the book to be amazing.

I've started developing a feedback tool to allow authors to get better feedback to write better books from their beta readers (this doubles as a portfolio project for a software engineering role). Once built, It will allow me to know where readers might be dropping off as well as what they think about each book excerpt.

I had a sort of "coaching call" where a beta reader I dm'd wanted to talk on zoom based on the message I sent them. We talked and I recommended the book of which they purchased it.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
LET'SSS GOOOOOO

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 6.52.58 PM copy.png
I'm so proud of him, even if this is all the book does, I'm so thankful for this forum in allowing this to be a reality!

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 625-631

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week this involved solving the main problems a beta reader who had finished reading the book in understanding the material. Thankfully they thought the book to be amazing.

I've started developing a feedback tool to allow authors to get better feedback to write better books from their beta readers (this doubles as a portfolio project for a software engineering role). Once built, It will allow me to know where readers might be dropping off as well as what they think about each book excerpt.

I had a sort of "coaching call" where a beta reader I dm'd wanted to talk on zoom based on the message I sent them. We talked and I recommended the book of which they purchased it.

Log out...
Day 632-638
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool, coaching call(?)

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week there was no other known issue (excusing polishing issues).

I've started developing a feedback tool to allow authors to get better feedback to write better books from their beta readers (this doubles as a portfolio project for a software engineering role). Once built, It will allow me to know where readers might be dropping off as well as what they think about each book excerpt. This is the final beta reading editing I'll be doing before moving unto polishing (reading out the material one more time | 500$+ | and laterrrrrr down the line - hiring a copy editor and proof reader) and marketing (hopefully podcasts and the like).

I have a sort of "coaching call" with a customer tomorrow in which he wishes to have a couple of his questions about the book answered - this will be over zoom and I'll pay attention to these questions to write them into the book for other readers.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 632-638
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool, coaching call(?)

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week there was no other known issue (excusing polishing issues).

I've started developing a feedback tool to allow authors to get better feedback to write better books from their beta readers (this doubles as a portfolio project for a software engineering role). Once built, It will allow me to know where readers might be dropping off as well as what they think about each book excerpt. This is the final beta reading editing I'll be doing before moving unto polishing (reading out the material one more time | 500$+ | and laterrrrrr down the line - hiring a copy editor and proof reader) and marketing (hopefully podcasts and the like).

I have a sort of "coaching call" with a customer tomorrow in which he wishes to have a couple of his questions about the book answered - this will be over zoom and I'll pay attention to these questions to write them into the book for other readers.

Log out...
Day 639-645
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool, coaching call(?), sale
DM of the week
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 7.25.12 PM.png
Yay!

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week there was "understanding issues" that I helped a reader resolve on a coaching call(?) which I've since integrated with the book.

I've started developing a feedback tool to allow authors to get better feedback to write better books from their beta readers (this doubles as a portfolio project for a software engineering role). Once built, It will allow me to know where readers might be dropping off as well as what they think about each book excerpt. I'm learning ReactJs and soon to start with NodeJs and Postgres for database. This is the final beta reading editing I'll be doing before moving unto polishing (reading out the material one more time | 500$+ | and laterrrrrr down the line - hiring a copy editor and proof reader) and marketing (hopefully podcasts and the like).

This week I was fortunate to get a sale which I feel can be contributed to two things - content resonation and/or good landing page copy. Content resonation is where a watcher of the content "vibes" with the content - I've been getting double the website views lately due to this probably. It's about taking a trend/tiktok meta and adapting it to the content I'm going to make e.g. the Roman Empire trend. On the other end, the website copy has been updated and I found a "logic" bottleneck to hitting the checkpoints of the copy by talking more with my target audience and seeing where they "diverge" from the expected path in expectations.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 639-645
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool, coaching call(?), sale
DM of the week
View attachment 53751
Yay!

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week there was "understanding issues" that I helped a reader resolve on a coaching call(?) which I've since integrated with the book.

I've started developing a feedback tool to allow authors to get better feedback to write better books from their beta readers (this doubles as a portfolio project for a software engineering role). Once built, It will allow me to know where readers might be dropping off as well as what they think about each book excerpt. I'm learning ReactJs and soon to start with NodeJs and Postgres for database. This is the final beta reading editing I'll be doing before moving unto polishing (reading out the material one more time | 500$+ | and laterrrrrr down the line - hiring a copy editor and proof reader) and marketing (hopefully podcasts and the like).

This week I was fortunate to get a sale which I feel can be contributed to two things - content resonation and/or good landing page copy. Content resonation is where a watcher of the content "vibes" with the content - I've been getting double the website views lately due to this probably. It's about taking a trend/tiktok meta and adapting it to the content I'm going to make e.g. the Roman Empire trend. On the other end, the website copy has been updated and I found a "logic" bottleneck to hitting the checkpoints of the copy by talking more with my target audience and seeing where they "diverge" from the expected path in expectations.

Log out...
Day 646-652
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week there was a "reader divert issue" that occurred where a reader would skip straight to the book exercises without reading the material in completion - after correcting this "issue", the reader finished the book and found it to be a great framework for conversations - I've since integrated this in the book. I've also emailed a recent customer about their experiences with the book, I'm looking for further "critic" from a real world customer and I've offered a zoom call for advanced support if they wish for it.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 646-652
Offer revamp - solve problems, book change, feedback tool

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. This week there was a "reader divert issue" that occurred where a reader would skip straight to the book exercises without reading the material in completion - after correcting this "issue", the reader finished the book and found it to be a great framework for conversations - I've since integrated this in the book. I've also emailed a recent customer about their experiences with the book, I'm looking for further "critic" from a real world customer and I've offered a zoom call for advanced support if they wish for it.

Log out...
Day 653-659
Offer revamp - solve problems, marketing copy finished, book change, feedback tool

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome.

The marketing copy is at a "perfected" state I think. I've conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at. This was possible with quantitative (download and buy clicks) and qualitative feedback (reddit dms') to spot any "obstacles" there. At the moment I believe on average, the site receives 7 visits per video per 1000 video views and (roughly) within 75-150 website views, a "sale" should occur.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 653-659
Offer revamp - solve problems, marketing copy finished, book change, feedback tool

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome.

The marketing copy is at a "perfected" state I think. I've conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at. This was possible with quantitative (download and buy clicks) and qualitative feedback (reddit dms') to spot any "obstacles" there. At the moment I believe on average, the site receives 7 visits per video per 1000 video views and (roughly) within 75-150 website views, a "sale" should occur.

Log out...
Day 660-665

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. After bouncing around with a beta reader like kids on a trampoline from problem to problem (in an effort to traceback the source of the problem), I was able to solve a problem that a couple of beta readers had been struggling with - I've added the "solution piece" to the book. Allowing the reader to go from...

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 1.05.09 AM.png

...to...
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 9.17.27 PM.png
in a day and that is AWESOMEEE!

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 660-665

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. After bouncing around with a beta reader like kids on a trampoline from problem to problem (in an effort to traceback the source of the problem), I was able to solve a problem that a couple of beta readers had been struggling with - I've added the "solution piece" to the book. Allowing the reader to go from...

View attachment 54251

...to...
View attachment 54250
in a day and that is AWESOMEEE!

Log out...
Day 667-672
Offer revamp - solve problems, marketing copy, book change, feedback tool

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. A beta reader came back and mentioned the book surely had presentation issues, yet no functional issues and is very very glad the book was sent to them.

The marketing copy possibly has a refinement requirement. While I've conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. Lately, the page is getting a lot more downloads than usual, yet rarely is the "buy" button clicked - and with talking to users in reddit dms' I believe the issue can be resolved in increasing the belief of each "checkpoint" of the solution with deeper analogies or stories I think.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 667-679

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. A beta reader came back and mentioned the book surely had presentation issues, yet no functional issues and is very very glad the book was sent to them.

The marketing copy possibly has a refinement requirement. While I've conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. Lately, the page is getting a lot more downloads than usual, yet rarely is the "buy" button clicked - and with talking to users in reddit dms' I believe the issue can be resolved in increasing the belief of each "checkpoint" of the solution with deeper analogies or stories I think.

Log out...
Day 673-670
New Dawn

If you ask me, one of an author's first great achievements is writing a book that changes their life, then their second greatest achievement is writing a book that allows others to do the same. I think we're a step there at least.
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 11.25.24 PM.png

Thank you to the amazing people on this forum and @MJ DeMarco for allowing a change in mine and others lives.

Log out...

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 673-670
New Dawn

If you ask me, one of an author's first great achievements is writing a book that changes their life, then their second greatest achievement is writing a book that allows others to do the same. I think we're a step there at least.
View attachment 54554

Thank you to the amazing people on this forum and @MJ DeMarco for allowing a change in mine and others lives.

Log out...
Day 680-686
Offer revamp - solve problems, marketing copy, book change, sale, feedback tool

The marketing copy seems good for now after more back and forth. Previously, while I'd conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. So, the page was getting a lot more downloads than usual, yet rarely was the "buy" button clicked - and with talking to users in reddit dms' and testing slight differences in marketing messages there was a difference in outcome. It turns out the readers often thought that the information in the message was sufficient to their purposes, but by highlighting the knowledge gap they figured out the book could be an appropriate solution to fulfil it, so I'm starting to see a lot more "buy" clicks for Amazon and on-site which is usually correlated with the times I obtained a sale. Before I move unto scale, I'd like to confirm the book can spur on at least one more "super reader" who receives so much value in the book it changes their life in the value skew vertical they bought the book for - I've been working on the inside marketing copy of the book to this purpose.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 680-686
Offer revamp - solve problems, marketing copy, book change, sale, feedback tool

The marketing copy seems good for now after more back and forth. Previously, while I'd conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. So, the page was getting a lot more downloads than usual, yet rarely was the "buy" button clicked - and with talking to users in reddit dms' and testing slight differences in marketing messages there was a difference in outcome. It turns out the readers often thought that the information in the message was sufficient to their purposes, but by highlighting the knowledge gap they figured out the book could be an appropriate solution to fulfil it, so I'm starting to see a lot more "buy" clicks for Amazon and on-site which is usually correlated with the times I obtained a sale. Before I move unto scale, I'd like to confirm the book can spur on at least one more "super reader" who receives so much value in the book it changes their life in the value skew vertical they bought the book for - I've been working on the inside marketing copy of the book to this purpose.

Log out...
Day 687-691

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. In this case, it was more along the lines of allowing beta readers to "realise a mindset switch" that the book activates when you switch to a mindset of give, give, give because that's beautiful.

The marketing copy seems good for now after more back and forth. Previously, while I'd conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. So, the page was getting a lot more downloads than usual, yet rarely was the "buy" button clicked - and with talking to users in reddit dms' and testing slight differences in marketing messages there was a difference in outcome. It turns out the readers often thought that the information in the message was sufficient to their purposes, but by highlighting the knowledge gap they figured out the book could be an appropriate solution to fulfil it, so I'm starting to see a lot more "buy and add to cart on-site which is usually correlated with the times I obtained a sale. Before I move unto scale, I'd like to confirm the book can spur on at least one more "super reader" who receives so much value in the book it changes their life in the value skew vertical they bought the book for - I've been working on the inside marketing copy of the book to this purpose.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 687-691

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. In this case, it was more along the lines of allowing beta readers to "realise a mindset switch" that the book activates when you switch to a mindset of give, give, give because that's beautiful.

The marketing copy seems good for now after more back and forth. Previously, while I'd conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. So, the page was getting a lot more downloads than usual, yet rarely was the "buy" button clicked - and with talking to users in reddit dms' and testing slight differences in marketing messages there was a difference in outcome. It turns out the readers often thought that the information in the message was sufficient to their purposes, but by highlighting the knowledge gap they figured out the book could be an appropriate solution to fulfil it, so I'm starting to see a lot more "buy and add to cart on-site which is usually correlated with the times I obtained a sale. Before I move unto scale, I'd like to confirm the book can spur on at least one more "super reader" who receives so much value in the book it changes their life in the value skew vertical they bought the book for - I've been working on the inside marketing copy of the book to this purpose.

Log out...
Day 694-700
Offer revamp - solve problems, oof sale, marketing copy, book change, feedback tool

I got a sale today on the print version of the book, great! Yet, the version of the book bought was an older version on amazon - oof. I have no links I'm aware of pointing to this book version, and yet someone still managed to find their way to it - I'm both grateful and frazzled they'll have a print version of a much older version of the book. On one hand, I could "archive" that version, but it still works it's just older, and it could serve as future research material if it continues to perform. The customer will probably be fine. If you have thoughts for what I should do here, I'd be grateful for ideas. Thanks.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 694-700
Offer revamp - solve problems, oof sale, marketing copy, book change, feedback tool

I got a sale today on the print version of the book, great! Yet, the version of the book bought was an older version on amazon - oof. I have no links I'm aware of pointing to this book version, and yet someone still managed to find their way to it - I'm both grateful and frazzled they'll have a print version of a much older version of the book. On one hand, I could "archive" that version, but it still works it's just older, and it could serve as future research material if it continues to perform. The customer will probably be fine. If you have thoughts for what I should do here, I'd be grateful for ideas. Thanks.

Log out...
Day 700-714
Offer revamp - solve problems, sale, marketing copy, book change, feedback tool

I got a sale today on the digital version of the book, great! The person had most likely downloaded the book, seen the value and proceeded to buy the book.

There was no marketing done for this or the previous week so the website views slowed to a crawl. The marketing copy seems good for now after more back and forth. Previously, while I'd conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. Before I move unto scale, I'd like to confirm the book can spur on at least one more "super reader" who receives so much value in the book it changes their life in the value skew vertical they bought the book for - I've been working on the inside marketing copy of the book to this purpose.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 700-714

I got a sale today on the digital version of the book, great! The person had most likely downloaded the book, seen the value and proceeded to buy the book.

There was no marketing done for this or the previous week so the website views slowed to a crawl. The marketing copy seems good for now after more back and forth. Previously, while I'd conveyed all the "checkpoints" in understanding a person would have to understand to know the book can get them from point A to B where they want to be at, I believe this is the "baseline". My understanding is that sales isn't binary, it's continuous etc it isn't just that a user believes in the product it's also about how much they believe in it and this often reflects in the user engagement. Before I move unto scale, I'd like to confirm the book can spur on at least one more "super reader" who receives so much value in the book it changes their life in the value skew vertical they bought the book for - I've been working on the inside marketing copy of the book to this purpose.

Log out...
Day 715-721

I got a sale this week on the digital version of the book on amazon, great! Yet, this was a version of the book that was outdated - I'm not sure how in the world they're getting to that old version of the book, and that book at all since I don't have any links to it - perhaps it's amazon SEO yet that book is unrated and the new one is available. I have a good mind of unpublishing the book so they can only access the new one - edit - I just searched my name on amazon and it's actually the old version of the book that pops up before the new version of the book.

Log out...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...