The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

At what point did you decide to commit to a single idea?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

TJO

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Aug 16, 2021
Big Island, Hawaii
Hi everyone, I'm new to the unscripted life and trying to overcome my introversion by plugging into this forum and wanted to know what made you decide to execute a single idea. I've been brainstorming for a few weeks and listening for opportunities to create value for others and I'm throwing them on my whiteboard and I am finding myself hopping from one to trying to find out which one I can pursue through the CENTS framework.

What made you decide one single idea while ignoring all the other ones. Also how long was this process for you?
Did you have one great idea straight out the gate and went for it, or was it a more of a process where you narrowed it down from many to one?
What was the moment where you decided to completely commit and execute a single idea?

Look forward to hearing you experience, much appreciated.

Itizn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 25, 2019
Once people in the market started reciprocating and responding to what my intentions were.

I was driving in one direction and the signs started pointing me in another, and here I am.

Omsubedi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 25, 2021
Maryland
Hi TJO, below is how I look at why we should go with one single idea: How many Olympics gold medal would Michael Phelps would've won had he also been involved in volleyball, rowing, soccer, long jump, etc etc. I believe probably none. I hope you'd agree with this analogy of mine. When it comes to choosing one from the list, I've picked the one based on the type of change I'd want to see in the world. I am not trying to change the world though. Hope you find something out of this.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
This process feels tough. A narrow focus can be good but it can also feel limiting. You really need to look at the market, your strengths, future forecasts, etc.

I personally feel that focus is critical. Developing skills and knowledge of a product and process, becoming an expert, will help accelerate you in your direction.

TJO

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 16, 2021
Big Island, Hawaii
Thanks this some helpful insight. I think my eagerness to execute is limiting at this stage. Ile focus on what the market needs and keep exploring opportunities while increasing my skill set. Ile check out that one trick pony thread, thanks for the link

WillHurtDontCare

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
When I realized that doing otherwise was the business equivalent of "f*ckarounditis."

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom