The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

At what point did you decide to commit to a single idea?

Idea threads

Toddo

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 16, 2021
Big Island, Hawaii
Hi everyone, I'm new to the unscripted life and trying to overcome my introversion by plugging into this forum and wanted to know what made you decide to execute a single idea. I've been brainstorming for a few weeks and listening for opportunities to create value for others and I'm throwing them on my whiteboard and I am finding myself hopping from one to trying to find out which one I can pursue through the CENTS framework.

What made you decide one single idea while ignoring all the other ones. Also how long was this process for you?
Did you have one great idea straight out the gate and went for it, or was it a more of a process where you narrowed it down from many to one?
What was the moment where you decided to completely commit and execute a single idea?

Look forward to hearing you experience, much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Once people in the market started reciprocating and responding to what my intentions were.

I was driving in one direction and the signs started pointing me in another, and here I am.

Omsubedi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 25, 2021
Maryland
Hi TJO, below is how I look at why we should go with one single idea: How many Olympics gold medal would Michael Phelps would've won had he also been involved in volleyball, rowing, soccer, long jump, etc etc. I believe probably none. I hope you'd agree with this analogy of mine. When it comes to choosing one from the list, I've picked the one based on the type of change I'd want to see in the world. I am not trying to change the world though. Hope you find something out of this.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This process feels tough. A narrow focus can be good but it can also feel limiting. You really need to look at the market, your strengths, future forecasts, etc.

I personally feel that focus is critical. Developing skills and knowledge of a product and process, becoming an expert, will help accelerate you in your direction.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Toddo

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 16, 2021
Big Island, Hawaii
Thanks this some helpful insight. I think my eagerness to execute is limiting at this stage. Ile focus on what the market needs and keep exploring opportunities while increasing my skill set. Ile check out that one trick pony thread, thanks for the link

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
When I realized that doing otherwise was the business equivalent of "F*ckarounditis."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.