The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Asking for what you want

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I just wanted to share with you guys the benefits of asking for what you want...really just embracing the concept of "it can't hurt if someone says no". This story is one that I am most proud of. ...This is my dog Simon. He is quite possibly the love of my life. I got him from the owners of the very first house I sold in my RE career. I approached the sellers and told them that I thought he was the greatest dog ever, and that if they ever needed to find him another home, to let me know. Of course they smiled politely and kinda looked at each other funny. (I don't blame them- but it never hurts to just throw it out there!) Long story short, he was the daughter's dog and she couldn't keep him- she was going to give him to her exboyfriend, so instead of just taking no for an answer, I crafted a presentation as to why I was the better owner. ...Large yard, go for walks everyday, play ball often, financially stable (read: not a college student like th boyfriend) enough to take him to the vet if need be, etc. Mind you, I had only met her twice. Needless to say, I got the dog! :banana: Anyone else have great stories of asking for what you want- and getting it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I asked a very successful real estate investor to talk to me about his experience, and then asked him to mentor me. He did.
I've asked others to partner with me for deals.
These are just some examples of things I wanted and got because I asked. Like Diane says, if you don't ask the answer is "no"

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I asked one of my first California clients for a check to start the work I was doing on his home (back in the late '80s).

He said "How much?" I said, "well . . ."

And he said, "Will $10,000 do for starts?". I said "Sure!" :)

Ten years later, same situation (I was doing bigger projects).

He said "How much?" I said, "well . . ."

And he said, "Will $100,000 do?".

:) (you know my answer).

A few years later I was with the love of my life.

Asked her if she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me.

She said "yes".

:)

-Russ H.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
What a great point!

This is one of the points of "The Secret."

My mom calls anything alternative "woo-woo" - and some may consider this idea a woo-woo idea, but I'm a believer. I am a believer because I have experienced it first hand.

You get what you focus on.

If you focus on how miserable your job is.... you will feel miserable.
If you focus on how horrible all your credit card debt is... more credit card debt will come to you
If you focus on all the reasons you are a victim .... you will continue to be a victim.

On the other hand...

If you ask for a life of abundance .... you will feel abundance.
If you ask for a sum of money.... that sum of money will come to you.
If you ask for a fulfilling relationship.... it will come to you.

It may not come in the way you expect, or exactly when you expect..... it will not come at all if you don't BELIEVE that it works.

It works for me. That is why I made a Vision Board and ENCOURAGE YOU to do the same!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lkn2bfd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 22, 2007
Birmingham,Al
I wish I could meet some of the people you guy's meet every time I ask someone about the industry I'm interested in they always tell me you don't want to get into this business it's to much of a headache or there no money in it or they just change the subject no one wants to teach specifics or mentor at least no one I meet or maybe it's just me

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I wish I could meet some of the people you guy's meet every time I ask someone about the industry I'm interested in they always tell me you don't want to get into this business it's to much of a headache or there no money in it or they just change the subject no one wants to teach specifics or mentor at least no one I meet or maybe it's just me

...The world is full of unsupportive people. The key is to turn down the volume on all their negative chatter and to turn up the volume on your own thoughts. In other words, instead of waiting until you have all the right people, places and things surrounding you, focus on developing stronger dreams. ...When dreams are in their infancy they are like eggs in a bird's nest. You have to guard your nest from those who like to make omelets. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.