- Joined
- Jul 26, 2007
- Messages
- 2,215
Rep Bank
$1,830
$1,830
User Power: 23%
I just wanted to share with you guys the benefits of asking for what you want...really just embracing the concept of "it can't hurt if someone says no". This story is one that I am most proud of. ...This is my dog Simon. He is quite possibly the love of my life. I got him from the owners of the very first house I sold in my RE career. I approached the sellers and told them that I thought he was the greatest dog ever, and that if they ever needed to find him another home, to let me know. Of course they smiled politely and kinda looked at each other funny. (I don't blame them- but it never hurts to just throw it out there!) Long story short, he was the daughter's dog and she couldn't keep him- she was going to give him to her exboyfriend, so instead of just taking no for an answer, I crafted a presentation as to why I was the better owner. ...Large yard, go for walks everyday, play ball often, financially stable (read: not a college student like th boyfriend) enough to take him to the vet if need be, etc. Mind you, I had only met her twice. Needless to say, I got the dog! :banana: Anyone else have great stories of asking for what you want- and getting it?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
