The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

article submission problem: SEO gurus please help

Marketing, social media, advertising

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
I wrote a series of articles about starting a business and startups which I now want to publish them online. These are high quality articles carefully written by myself. I tried to submit them to several online resources that accept submission but didn't get any response. Honestly, I am very discouraged by this fact.

Can somebody guide me how the submission process works or maybe recommend me good resources on this subject . I started with low level resources from this list
writingcooperative.com/54-guest-posting-sites-you-should-submit-to-for-more-organic-traffic-edb858951b76
I intentionally skipped very popular resources, such as huff post, etc, because I am not very experienced in this. But after around 7-10 submissions still no response. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Michael

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
What is your goal with these submissions? Are you looking for a guest post where you get a link back to your website?

Unless you have an established relationship or have really good content (and I'm taking super good), then they will just ignore you or ask you to pay an "editorial fee".

Editorial fees are fine as you as basically paying for a link, and makes up the majority of the link building for my clients. However these fees are always open for negotiation and always check the website's metrics to make sure you are getting a good price.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Yes.

For starters you are relying on a list that is 3 years old, and a tactic that is even older hoping to get rankings.

Any site that automates its submission and takes "everyone" probably isn't a site you want to get a link from these days. (And they probably have so much spam in their inbox they wonn't get back to you for many months. I know, I used to run a couple sites like this).

Let's assume some of the sites you submitted to are legit. Did you do your homework first? Read their existing content on your subject. Is what you offer different and/or better?

Here's a different approach. Find an editorial contact. Shoot them an email asking for their editorial calendar for next year. Then plan on pitching them articles that fit in with that calendar.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Why don't you just publish them on your own site, or on facebook? I don't understand why you would write articles and then hope to get them published on some random websites.

If you are doing it for SEO purposes, then I assume you have a website that you are trying to rank for business advice, so why not put them on there if they are good articles.

PippoW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Dec 22, 2016
Why shall they submit you?

I think, they get about 100 requests per day...

So, you have to be different. Maybe with writing an email or building a relationship (if you don't want to pay).

But be sure, it takes time. Lots of time... But if you do it right, Google will pay it back!

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
If you are doing it for SEO purposes, then I assume you have a website that you are trying to rank for business advice, so why not put them on there if they are good articles.

I think he is doing it for backlinks.

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
What is your goal with these submissions? Are you looking for a guest post where you get a link back to your website?

Unless you have an established relationship or have really good content (and I'm taking super good), then they will just ignore you or ask you to pay an "editorial fee".

Editorial fees are fine as you as basically paying for a link, and makes up the majority of the link building for my clients. However these fees are always open for negotiation and always check the website's metrics to make sure you are getting a good price.

My goals are
1) is to drive visitors to my site after they read my articles
2) I want to mention on my site that I have some media coverage and place a banner or logo of more or less famous resources.
3) backinks are good too, but not the main goal

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
Why don't you just publish them on your own site, or on facebook? I don't understand why you would write articles and then hope to get them published on some random websites.

I am going for websites related to my domain

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
Yes.

For starters you are relying on a list that is 3 years old, and a tactic that is even older hoping to get rankings.

Any site that automates its submission and takes "everyone" probably isn't a site you want to get a link from these days. (And they probably have so much spam in their inbox they wonn't get back to you for many months. I know, I used to run a couple sites like this).

Let's assume some of the sites you submitted to are legit. Did you do your homework first? Read their existing content on your subject. Is what you offer different and/or better?

Here's a different approach. Find an editorial contact. Shoot them an email asking for their editorial calendar for next year. Then plan on pitching them articles that fit in with that calendar.

I tried something like this. I contacted editorial staff and asked them if I can discuss publishing a bunch articles on specific topics... and I didn't get any response either

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
My goals are
1) is to drive visitors to my site after they read my articles
2) I want to mention on my site that I have some media coverage and place a banner or logo of more or less famous resources.
3) backinks are good too, but not the main goal

I doubt that sites that take submissions like these get alot of traffic on their articles. The ones that do get traffic won't take random submissions.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I tried something like this. I contacted editorial staff and asked them if I can discuss publishing a bunch articles on specific topics... and I didn't get any response either

First off, let's operate from the standpoint that any site that will easily accept your articles probably isn't a site you want a link from (especially for a beginner). You want to have to jump through a few hoops.

Next, understand there is a dance at play here. Learn the steps. Kudos to you for sending a few emails, but all you are doing is stepping on toes.

You made your emails all about what you want. And you asked for their most valuable resource, their precious time. Why should they give that to you?

Look at these two approaches.

Can I tell you about my article ideas for your website?
Would your readers be interested in learning more about xyz?

See the difference?

Do it your way often enough and someone might take you up on it, especially if your story idea is hot. You can play the numbers game if you want.

Otherwise, target smaller local publications or trade publications. (Good for you going with related sites). Asking them for an editorial calendar shows you know how the game is played. It is a simple request. And once you have it, then you can be much more specific.

If you've done your homework, you have a unique pitch tailored to their audience that they haven't seen before.

Let's say you sold dog supplies. You could send something like this...

Subject: Article for November issue

Dear Editor,

I see your upcoming November issue is all about pet adoption. When is your deadline for pitches? Do you have your articles planned out already or can I suggest a couple ideas that might interest your audience of dog lovers?

"How the right dog collar makes a rescue dog more adoptable"
"5 must haves to prepare your home for a new dog"
"Should I adopt a big dog or little dog? How to choose the right size dog for you"

Sincerely,

(I'd get more specific if I knew what biz you are in).

In my experience, with a little follow up and finesse 20% of pitches turn into stories.

A couple more tips...

If you are pitching blogs, take a different approach. My example was more for magazines.

Sending an email asking who is the right person to pitch story idea to has often been a good way to open conversations too.

Also, do you use a branded email to email them, or a free Gmail type account? Guess which they'll take more seriously.

In your emails, try to say I or me or us as little as possible.

Don't ask to talk or discuss anything. Especially not at first. These people are busy. Short, respectful, to the point emails are best.

Don't ever be pushy, irritable, snarky, or angry. These people are overworked and underpaid. Don't make their day any harder.

Hope this helps.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.