The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Arizona

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Hey guys,

Hope you don't mind so general thread title, I didn't know how else to name it. And sorry for using the word guru:)

Anyway...I have noticed that many successful IM gurus and their companies - majority to my impression - are located in AZ.

So I was just curious is there a particular reason for it business-wise, or it's just a great place to live in?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So I was just curious is there a particular reason for it business-wise, or it's just a great place to live in?

Both. Low cost of living, generally tax/business friendly too. Property taxes here are very low as is the cost of housing. I've been here 15 years and still love it.

Blacktye6000

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 17, 2011
Washington, DC
Both. Low cost of living, generally tax/business friendly too. Property taxes here are very low as is the cost of housing. I've been here 15 years and still love it.

@MJ I am ecstatic that you read and respond to our post. I was on my page and noticed that you were one of the last to visit my page. It one ing to read a book about how to, but its another to interact with the author of that book and be able to draw from experiences from that author.

You are a stand up guy!!

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I've hung out with these guys at the annual B&P in February last few years...

It sure as hell beats 30 below in Minnesota.

Plus the women... I mean... Scottsdale... c'mon

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
I've hung out with these guys at the annual B&P in February last few years...

It sure as hell beats 30 below in Minnesota.

Plus the women... I mean... Scottsdale... c'mon

I'm not so sure about the women...I mean cougars ;)

bkypes

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 25, 2011
Grand Rapids, Mi
I just moved out too Scottsdale a week and a half ago and from what I have seen it is a great place to live. I also agree that the girls out here are on a whole different level than where I'm from (I say girls cause I'm only 18). And what isn't great about warm weather all year? The only downside to living here is there aren't many genuine people and you have plenty of 30k millionaires. :coco:

gjgerber

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 8, 2011
Sun City AZ
I moved to Phoenix from Wisconsin two years ago. Plenty of sunshine -- helps keep spirits up. The scenery here is spectacular.

Because I run an online publication, I pay zero sales tax in Arizona on advertising. Income taxes are considerably lower than the Midwest, although sales tax is a higher. It's a conservative political climate, so as a general rule, the government isn't looking to crush your nuts every time you want to do something.

August was a kind of hot this year, but I'd much rather bake for three months than shovel for six. You've got to admit, there is something about living in a place where bad weather is measured in hours and inches, not in feet and months.

If you are considering moving down to the Grand Canyon State, do it! Not too long ago I read that one in 10 homes in the Phoenix area was vacant. That seems high to me, but I do know there are some exceptional real estate deals available to renters and buyers.

LaurenO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Phoenix
August was a kind of hot this year, but I'd much rather bake for three months than shovel for six. You've got to admit, there is something about living in a place where bad weather is measured in hours and inches, not in feet and months.

I live in Arizona and love it too! I'm from Sun Valley, Idaho, home of an (amazing) ski resort. Even though I can appreciate winter sports... after growing up in snow, dealing with snow, driving in snow, and crashing on ice, I completely agree on the "bake for 3 months vs shovel for 6". Well put. :hurray:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.