The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are you scared to fail?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
I've failed way too many times to be even remotely scared of failure anymore.

Failure is almost a necessary prerequisite to success, achievement and results.

True in physical development, financial, and elsewhere.
I would say failure is important. If you're not failing, you're not trying.

Failure teaches you how to grow. It is through failure that you learn what you need to improve upon to get the results you want.

As you said, that is true in many aspects of life.

Last edited:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
I would say failure is important. If you're not failing, you're not trying.

Failure teaches you how to grow. It is through failure that you learn what you need to improve upon to get the results you want.

As you said, that is true in many aspects of life.

That's why in many ways it's good to be relatively detached from the outcome of an endeavor.

"Failure" - both the concept and just uttering or even hearing the word itself - triggers some kind of response inside humans that screams: BAD!

Looking at the situation objectively - as if you were a sophisticated lab rat (like the science experiment of an extremely intelligent alien race that creates universes for fun) - makes things go more smoothly (at least in my experience).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Failure is the highway to Heaven. If I haven't failed, it means I haven't learned anything. If I haven't learned anything than I'm in the same place I was ten years ago. Failure is freedom. Failure is the lesson we need to achieve our dreams.

Why be afraid to fail when we can fail as fast as we can to be a success. Fear only holds us back from experiencing life to the fullest. And my own experience any time I've visited fear, it only blocked me and got me stuck at the time. Frozen stiff. So, fear in itself is a complete failure.

What does it teach you? It teaches you to let go of control of the outcome. Stop struggling, stop resisting, and stop holding on to fear. Stop procrastinating. And how many times have you failed in life. In the moment of fear and failure is the lesson to move and take action even if there is uncertainty of the outcome. You'll never know the truth until you jump and fly.

limitless_c

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Apr 29, 2016
Chile
I'm not afraid if my business fails, or afraid if my next idea dont work, or the next one. But, I have to admit that I have a lot of fear of not being where I want to be in 10 years. I just cant even imagine that posibility.
I dont know if this type of fear is bad, I dont think so.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
So, fear in itself is a complete failure.

What does it teach you? It teaches you to let go of control of the outcome. Stop struggling, stop resisting, and stop holding on to fear. Stop procrastinating. And how many times have you failed in life. In the moment of fear and failure is the lesson to move and take action even if there is uncertainty of the outcome. You'll never know the truth until you jump and fly.
I think this is the key here. FDR said it best himself. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

Fear is what will cripple you. Let go of fear and accept the outcome, and most importantly learn from it.

This is true for life too. If you tend to live with fear, you will miss out on some amazing experiences. We all have fears, its a matter of defeating them.

I'm not afraid if my business fails, or afraid if my next idea dont work, or the next one. But, I have to admit that I have a lot of fear of not being where I want to be in 10 years. I just cant even imagine that posibility.
I dont know if this type of fear is bad, I dont think so.
Fear itself isn't bad. It his how you deal with fear that determines that.

If your fear makes you work harder to achieve what you want, that can be good.

If your fear cripples you and demotivates you, thats no good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.