The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are you in a cage?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Darren.P.R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 21, 2018
Berkshire UK
I have recently noticed the biggest thing holding me back is my circle. I am currently caged! My friends don't understand crypto, they don't make investments. They don't talk about profit margins. I really am struggling to surround myself with the right people.Any tips on how to meet more of your type of people or infiltrate these succesful circles? Anyone from the UK who would like to chat please drop me a message

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hitch-hiker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 23, 2019
Poland
I have recently noticed the biggest thing holding me back is my circle. I am currently caged! My friends don't understand crypto, they don't make investments. They don't talk about profit margins. I really am struggling to surround myself with the right people.Any tips on how to meet more of your type of people or infiltrate these succesful circles? Anyone from the UK who would like to chat please drop me a message
I would recommend installing couchsurfing and try to meet people there. I met hundreds of people with many interests by couchsurfing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

peddletothemetal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 5, 2021
One thing I like to do for this is to spend money I can't afford (or aren't comfortable spending) for access to these people. Money is a natural filter.

Anything that involves social mingling that costs more money than's comfortable, are good. Examples could be certain industry events, private members clubs, buying the next level up of plane ticket (conversations you might strike up with a neighbour in economy vs business class are different), golf clubs, etc. Anything to screen out the bottom-rung-ers. I.e.: what is something that my existing friends couldn't or wouldn't do, that the successful can and do do.

Another way I've heard of doing this is to approach mentors, LinkedIn being good for this for finding potentials. I haven't done it myself but if you can have some old been there done that had the private jet guy take a whippersnapper like yourself under his arm it can be a rocket for getting among high flyers.

Darren.P.R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 21, 2018
Berkshire UK
One thing I like to do for this is to spend money I can't afford (or aren't comfortable spending) for access to these people. Money is a natural filter.

Anything that involves social mingling that costs more money than's comfortable, are good. Examples could be certain industry events, private members clubs, buying the next level up of plane ticket (conversations you might strike up with a neighbour in economy vs business class are different), golf clubs, etc. Anything to screen out the bottom-rung-ers. I.e.: what is something that my existing friends couldn't or wouldn't do, that the successful can and do do.

Another way I've heard of doing this is to approach mentors, LinkedIn being good for this for finding potentials. I haven't done it myself but if you can have some old been there done that had the private jet guy take a whippersnapper like yourself under his arm it can be a rocket for getting among high flyers.
Excellent advice, totally right its, been in front of me all along

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.