The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are you as fit as Mark Zuckerburg? (Probably not)

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I was exhausted after Muay Thai, but I decided to try another round of the Murph test because I said I would.

I tried it without the vest (see exhausted) and I jogged a mile, did 5 pull ups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats and called it quits. Not trying to wake up fatigued tomorrow because I kept exercising when I knew I was spent.

I'll try it again tomorrow (also after Muay Thai). I'll see if I can fit some truncated variation of the Murph test in 3-5 days a week since my cardio could use some work.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
After that 2 mile run yesterday we went on a bike ride for ~16 miles to explore a new lake. Woke up early this AM and windsurfed for ~2.5hrs until my legs were about to start cramping up. Been feeling beat up and out of energy today all day after that, which means I'm probably pushing it.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Had a couple of short running sessions since then, including today where I threw in some sprints just to see.

I previously pulled a hamstring trying to go too fast too soon and this time it felt good. The max pace of 3:32/mile apparently is ~17mph, which seemed fast to me, but maybe the watch was accurate. Compared to my age group, looks like I'm still quite slow in sprints. Not surprising given how little I sprint, but that makes me want to crank it up and beat the zuck.

Just don't want to pull a hammy again because when windsurfing in light wind, it is very hard on the hamstrings when you try to pump the sail/board hard and get it flying above the water on a hydrofoil. But I see a lot of cross-training potential here as long as I don't get an injury.

1687280949553.png

1687281033057.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 1687280911130.png
    1687280911130.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 1687281008559.png
    1687281008559.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 1
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Had a couple of short running sessions since then, including today where I threw in some sprints just to see.

I previously pulled a hamstring trying to go too fast too soon and this time it felt good. The max pace of 3:32/mile apparently is ~17mph, which seemed fast to me, but maybe the watch was accurate. Compared to my age group, looks like I'm still quite slow in sprints. Not surprising given how little I sprint, but that makes me want to crank it up and beat the zuck.

Just don't want to pull a hammy again because when windsurfing in light wind, it is very hard on the hamstrings when you try to pump the sail/board hard and get it flying above the water on a hydrofoil. But I see a lot of cross-training potential here as long as I don't get an injury.

View attachment 49465

View attachment 49467

This is why I roll my eyes when anyone out of high school says "I can't beat the high schoolers in a race, I'm old." You're not old, you just stopped training. 20's and 30's are the prime of your life. Anyway, nice job on the sprint speed.

Fasted

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 18, 2021
UK

View attachment 49465

View attachment 49467

Why are you sprinting? You will definitely pull at least one of your hammy’s. This is why the zuck doesn’t sprint and neither should you. Too dangerous.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Why are you sprinting? You will definitely pull at least one of your hammy’s. This is why the zuck doesn’t sprint and neither should you. Too dangerous.
I hope this is sarcasm and I just failed to detect it.

Why is he sprinting???

Use it or lose it.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
This is why I roll my eyes when anyone out of high school says "I can't beat the high schoolers in a race, I'm old." You're not old, you just stopped training. 20's and 30's are the prime of your life. Anyway, nice job on the sprint speed.
Thank you. Thankfully, I kept weight training through my late 20s and my 30s (I'm 39 now), I just never made running much of a priority. I get greedy with progress sometimes and can David Goggins my way into injuries if I'm not careful.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Thank you. Thankfully, I kept weight training through my late 20s and my 30s (I'm 39 now), I just never made running much of a priority. I get greedy with progress sometimes and can David Goggins my way into injuries if I'm not careful.
Form, rest, and stretching are really important, and (I imagine) only get more important as you age.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Did a normal workout at the gym, including deadlifts and goodmornings and then did some calf warmups and a short jog afterwards, then tried sprinting from a dead stop. I was totally warm from that workout so I was less worried about pulling something.

On all 4 runs, gps watch says I broke 20mph with my best cadence being at 2:36/mi pace or 23mph. That 23mph is that last spike at the end, but that first sprint has 3 datapoints all above 20mph. These were very short sprints, so now I know I can run fast, I just need to work on sprinting distance as well.
1687445578044.png

Also, related, who would you choose between Elon and Zuck?
(MJ beat me to this while this was sitting in draft)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Looks like Zuck will have a chance to beat the crap out of Elon.

Based on this thread, I'm guessing Zuck will be favored.

View: https://twitter.com/alx/status/1671706909420781568?s=20

If this is legit then ya my money is on Zuck for sure.

But it could be interesting...

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 17.41.05.png

Along these same lines it would be such a profitable business to have high profile people fight against each other.

Imagine a top actor fighting against a famous football player. Some kinda A list amateur fighting championship.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
If this is legit then ya my money is on Zuck for sure.

But it could be interesting...

View attachment 49528

Along these same lines it would be such a profitable business to have high profile people fight against each other.

Imagine a top actor fighting against a famous football player. Some kinda A list amateur fighting championship.

I'd take Zuck but maybe Elon will be the real cyborg in the match.

My state industry has a MMA style fight night every six months run by two corrupt former Craiglist scammers (both went to jail for it) they are my enemies and I would love to challenge the male to a fight. I couldn't train properly due to multiple tears but I could do cardio on stair climber and bike machine. I would than have to hope old man strength and experience from training in Army and in Chung Moo Quan from when teenager kick in fight time.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I’m shocked at the 60-69 avg speed. That’s pretty fast.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I hope Elon can train fast...
Me too. I see they saying he 6'1 and like 187 but I think he is way more and has Zuck by at least 50 lbs. Needs to get him on the ground and deploy his Walrus move.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230623-120304.png
    Screenshot_20230623-120304.png
    252.9 KB · Views: 10

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Hard disagree with this one. I am 32, have never stopped training and I am not at all in any way shape or form in my prime physically or athletically. I am still fit, but it has dropped across the board despite being active and having a good diet.

I am seriously considering competing in the master division in BJJ very soon (over 30s bracket) The young guys have so much energy and strength its wild. You notice it, age matters.

What I will say is it is in your face obvious when you hit my age who has taken care of themselves over the last 10+ years and who hasn't. Some friends my age who have never done exercise and made poor lifestyle choices all look about 40 - 50 years of age.

Time can be brutal if you don't practice self care.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Hard disagree with this one. I am 32, have never stopped training and I am not at all in any way shape or form in my prime physically or athletically. I am still fit, but it has dropped across the board despite being active and having a good diet.

I am seriously considering competing in the master division in BJJ very soon (over 30s bracket) The young guys have so much energy and strength its wild. You notice it, age matters.

What I will say is it is in your face obvious when you hit my age who has taken care of themselves over the last 10+ years and who hasn't. Some friends my age who have never done exercise and made poor lifestyle choices all look about 40 - 50 years of age.

Time can be brutal if you don't practice self care.
I really really believe that time compounds and that sitting in an office chair for 10 years is what makes a 35 year old feel like a 70 year old, not the fact he is 35.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I really really believe that time compounds and that sitting in an office chair for 10 years is what makes a 35 year old feel like a 70 year old, not the fact he is 35.

He is 35 of course he will feel older lol.
There is no way around the decline, of course looking after yourself helps keep you mobile, fit and well, but to say your at your prime at 35 is a stretch. Regardless of whether you have trained since 20 or not.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
This thread has really motivated me. I'm not sure about the goal of doing a bjj match, I may try to win a race or something though. I did my first windsurf race last year and didn't come in last, but I was NOT fast. People I were against may be big names next year...

Definitely am going to push harder on running and weight lifting.

Ended up buying a road bike (just had a mtb before but long ago I had a road bike) and did a 25 mile ride this morning so that I could get a jump on the cool 80deg weather that got into the 90s on the way back.

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1368.png
    IMG_1368.png
    841.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1369.png
    IMG_1369.png
    893 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 3
G

Guest-5ty5s4

He is 35 of course he will feel older lol.
There is no way around the decline, of course looking after yourself helps keep you mobile, fit and well, but to say your at your prime at 35 is a stretch. Regardless of whether you have trained since 20 or not.
I didn’t say 35 was the prime. I’m guessing late 20’s, maybe 30 at the latest. I believe the decline begins around 30, meaning the peak would be around 30. You aren’t fully developed at age 18 or 20. You don’t have your maximum muscular potential. If you are 30 and think you are old and weak and it’s all because of your age, you are just being lazy and you are in denial.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I didn’t say 35 was the prime. I’m guessing late 20’s, maybe 30 at the latest. I believe the decline begins around 30, meaning the peak would be around 30. You aren’t fully developed at age 18 or 20. You don’t have your maximum muscular potential. If you are 30 and think you are old and weak and it’s all because of your age, you are just being lazy and you are in denial.

It's all subjective as to when the decline begins, we all have different genetics etc. Some people it starts at 25 even. But you will decline this is unavoidable.

Anyway, doesn't matter.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Went out today on a run this morning when it was only 85deg instead of 95 like it has been when the sun comes up.

Did a nonstop run of 2.5 miles, just under 22 minutes. Trying to prove to myself that mentally I can do a run that long without stopping, and building up leg strength before I put on the gas.

Last week I also ran to and from the gym every time I went (4 days), which was a little over a mile total each day.

Been trying to drop some excess bodyfat too, which really kicked off by walking so much in France for two weeks there. It was something like 7-12 miles of walking a day it seemed. Cycling helps too as I did a group ride last weekend.

I will catch up the that Zuck 5k time, it'll just take some hard work.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Figured I would share this here as hitting that goal to be as fast as Zuck can have setbacks.

I tweaked my achilles, likely by going too fast too soon with running. I looked around on what to do about it and was able to get almost all of the pain to go away before trying to run again. I'm being a lot more cautious with it this time around, and not pushing through pain like I was.

Have been also keeping my cardio up with biking, and have noticed clear improvements in heart rate and capacity when doing faster sprints on the bike, especially on the bridges here (as there aren't really that many hills to climb).

Hoping to have zero achilles pain as soon as possible. Cycling doesn't irritate it that much, but I do notice a little stiffness. Adding very slow runs and strengthening exercises with machines seems to get rid of the stiffness and pain. Really slow calf raises both in the seated and standing position, some isostatic holds, and some eccentric work. A mixture of walking and running at 12-14min/mile pace is doable without pain. Anything faster is going to require some dynamic strengthening work, I believe. I can't jump up and down without irritating it so I'm waiting for that stiffness to drop even more before trying really simple hops, and then running at a faster pace.

Funnily enough, I can still do my favorite sport (windsurfing) without too much irritation. Running is just really hard on dynamic loading vs. other sports.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Damn
This content reminds me the Story of Roger Bannister (UK) who ran 4 Minutes in 1 Mile

Round Figure: 4 Minutes
To be Precise: 3 Min 59.4 Seconds

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.