The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC Are The Sharks Going Broke?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

BellaPippin

Aluminum Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So did you buy the platinum diamond ultra ruby capricorn seats?
I took out a personal loan and upgraded to the 1 on 1 coaching with the mystery guest.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
They're leveraging their personal brand and fame by plucking low hanging fruit. I'm sure they see it as "money left on the table".

A) Hire sleezy seminar firm who will charge $10K for an event.
B) Promote "FREE" seminar, promoting $10K seminar (Boom, instant $1,000,000 (100 attendees))
C) Show up for 20 minutes to grease the sale after attendees heard a 2 hour pitch.
D) Sleezy seminar firm pays the shark a royalty to simply put their stamp on their BS "training".
E) Rinse, Repeat in 50 cities. Boom, instant $50,000,000.

Not a bad return on their time, which is why they do it.

Unfortunately this type of operation is a racket, and it's why got Kiyosaki in trouble.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv6feHB0AE4
I've been to the Robert H. one. He wasn't even there. They also offer "training" for like 2k or 3k and they offer "credit" so who knows how much they make on pure interest.

Lion Identity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Sep 19, 2019
Im going to play devils advocate and somewhat agree with you.

While I do HATE scammy tactics and high priced seminars that only give you 1% value and 99% upsell BS, ill also go on record as saying that some bigh priced courses a d seminars are pretty amazing.

Dan Kennedys Info Riches program made me well over six figures. I think I paid $497 for it.

Back in the day Belfort had a 10 dvd sales training program and I probably made my money back MANY MANY times over from it.

A 1k course from Eban Pagen? I actually knew most of what he taught in it but something he said gave me a really good idea that I ran with and also made a ton of money from.

When it comes to high priced courses and live events be sure to do due diligence. Some are really good, some are just stealth sell events trying to get more money from you, and some are just rehash of whats in their 9.99 kindle book. But some are truly good.

Edit: as far as these massive "pitch events" the sharks throw for like $50 a ticket... If you are a consultant or copywriter or even just want to network and look for opportunities, go buy a ticket. Ignore the presentations and spend your time, before, during, and after meeting people and networking with them. Quickly weed out the wanna bes with the real entrepreneurs, form a connection with them, and follow up with them after the event.
The thing that's funny is that I have probably invested over $100,000 in books, online programs, mentoring and sponsoring events that didn't really make that much for my business and all of that has not given me a more clear path to create a $100 million dollar business than "the Millionaire Fastlane," and the Unscripted books have. It is so vital to be able to build a business that you can sell. Even when I had 50 employees in my previous business, it was the type of business that would never be able to scale and would constantly prostitute my time. I would never be abel to sell it and the profit margins were always tight. The commandment of scale and time have been violently broken by all of my businesses until my new venture I'm launching now. And it was right there in front of me for years, it took MJ's books to give me clarity to realize the perfect fastlane business and utilize everything I've learned for years and I paid what $40 for his books and got more clarity than the $100k in programs I invested in over the last 5 years. I've said it before and I will again thank you MJ.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Is it still available to send the application, your story is impressive, time to act. Ya this...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock