The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are Mopeds Allowed in the Fastlane?

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Hello Forum!

I'm @Rawseed. That's actually on my @Birthcertificate. Not really.

I've been following the script my entire life. My mother's a nurse and wanted me to become a physician, so I became one. I went to college, then to medical school, and finished up in 2004.

I don't really like medicine that much. In 2006, I tried to leave. I've always loved numbers, math, and finance, so I decided to transition into finance. I went to a good business school and started an MBA program with a concentration in finance.

In 2007, I read the 4-Hour Workweek. That book rocked my world. I decided to add a concentration in entrepreneurship and forgo a career in finance. I figured by the time I graduated, I'd know enough to start my own business. Boy, was I wrong. Business school doesn't teach you how to start or run a business. It teaches you how to work in one.

I graduated at the top of my business school class. Then I started a business in the Health & Wellness industry. The business failed epically. And it wasn't because of the economy. It was because I didn't know what the hell I was doing.

Then in 2009, Sallie Mae came to my house and slapped me around. She told me that I liked being a doctor. She then dragged me kicking and screaming back to the hospital. And I've been there ever since. The script continued.

In 2013, I decided to start writing fiction in my spare time. I self-published my first novel in 2014. I now have four novels and one boxed set up on Amazon. I make decent money. Enough to pay my utilities.

I'm really sick of the script and I've decided that I'm going to build a scalable kick-a$$ business. I've read and/or listened to every self-help, entrepreneurship, and marketing book out there, looking for the inspiration or the hack to get me out of the slow lane and into the fast lane. But, each book just led to another book and another excuse.

Fortunately, I ran across @MJ DeMarco book Unscripted . It really helped me see that I was just BS'ing myself.

I went part-time at the hospital and I'm dedicating all of of my free time to creating a thriving scalable business. My family and friends think I'm crazy. But, I'm doing this for myself. I'm also doing this to show my daughter and other young people that they don't have to follow the script.

I'm here to learn from your successes and failures. I'm here to share my successes and failures. Most importantly, I'm here to add value.

Special shoutout to @Bryan Cohen who has written all of my Amazon book descriptions. I found his posts while searching for other authors.

Sorry that was so long. At least I didn't go into detail about my Pet Rock collection. But, I can, if you like.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great introduction, welcome aboard my friend. And yes, mopeds are allowed in the Fastlane.

You can't go 150mph until you go 10mph.

Likewise, you can't earn millions until you start earning hundreds.

Hope to see you around. Don't let that cushy doctor's salary steal your dreams.

D

Deleted52409

Business school doesn't teach you how to start or run a business. It teaches you how to work in one.

Isn't that amazing! Most of my friends went off to college to party and major in business. Meanwhile I'm the loner in my basement actually building one.

Are most business or entrepreneurship "professors" even qualified enough to teach this stuff? If I were a successful entrepreneur you would not see me grading homework and giving lectures full time at a university.

And considering that in order to have a job you must be hired by a business, it's arguable that a business degree is the most SCRIPTED degree of them all. This past year, I've learned so much more about business through self education, side hustles, and working retail than I ever could in any classroom ever!

Good luck to you! Hopefully that craziness rubs you the right way! It seems like whenever modern society deems something to be crazy it's actually the opposite that is crazy....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...