The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

App Developers - Which Analytics Tool Do You Use?

frieden70

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 24, 2012
I currently have flurry integrated with my app but for whatever reason, I can't use the tracking links they provide for the UA to actually track downloads and installs (I've been going back and forth with support for literally a month at this point). Literally, it shows zero installs for these campaigns when I know that there have been downloads from them.

Most of my marketing and acquisitions at this point and in the near future will be social media campaigns (please don't ignite the paid vs organic advertising debate. I'm very aware of what I'm doing here).

So, what I'm looking for is basically a replacement for Flurry. I like the analytics that it offers as far as engagement, where my users are using the app, etc. (I think, I haven't really dug in too much) but would really like to be able to track which social channel is best for installs, etc.

Does anyone have a recommendation that may work here or am I just going to need to get something else to track the UA?

Thanks in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

frieden70

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 24, 2012
That looks way more intense than my needs or am I missing something?

frieden70

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 24, 2012
I used to use GA a ton with websites a while back but am cautious to use it for my iOS app.

For one thing, I don't see the ability in their docs to get segmented traffic info or track media buying campaigns (maybe I'm wrong?) and perhaps the more important thing for me, getting support for this product would probably be hell. Google is notorious for being a pain in the a$$ to get a hold of unless something has changed over the past couple of years.

One of my biggest beefs with Flurry aside from the whole it's not working thing is that their support hasn't been the best in the world...

I may just add the appsflyer SDK or something similar for when I do my buys if need be.

We'll see.

I am a huge fan of Google Analytics. I use it for all my personal web apps and mobile apps, and we use it for everything at Sony.

frieden70

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 24, 2012
I'll look into it.

I've used AA before for market research but not for analytics...

Does it show any data for organic/natural downloads? Like if you had someone click on a link in a tweet, does it happen to show you that data or no?

Thanks!
I use App Annie. IMO, at times statistics can be delayed but does the job for me for the most part.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LimitLessJG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 2, 2013
New Jersey
I'll look into it.

I've used AA before for market research but not for analytics...

Does it show any data for organic/natural downloads? Like if you had someone click on a link in a tweet, does it happen to show you that data or no?

Thanks!

I'm not %100 sure about that, as I've used it only for tracking downloads and ad revenue. It does show data for natural/organic downloads. I know it has a bunch of platforms that you are able to link to your account to check different statistics/analytics. No problem. Hopefully that helped a little, haha.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Flurry + Mixpanel IMO. Flurry is great for what you already mentioned, while Mixpanel has an amazing amount of data, especially in regards of virality, tracking custom events and so on. Also their support is great.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.