The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

apartment turnover company business idea and plan

Idea threads

ZBIGNIEW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Southington ct
I know you guys are going to blast me for this but this is a company that anyone can start with a little bit of investment that can get you some money so therefore you can create a better idea and create your millionaire fast lane. YES, I LISTENED TO BOTH BOOKS TWICE but I feel that this would be a good start to something HUGE later in life. It won't make me millions but it will make me thousands. so with that said this is the business idea and plan I came up with. Thanks for the help in advance.

I would also love to connect with some people that do something like this or that would like to mentor me. thanks
  • Define the “problem” your business is solving
    it is helping property managers get their apartments read for rent with the high customer satisfaction and in a reasonable time because the customer comes first. Best rating on Angie's list
  • Summarize the “solution” your business offers
    • How urgently do people need what you are selling?
      as soon as the people move out. Turnovers mean that clients can get people in there faster and they can make their money back.
      More people more apartments.
    • Will your business continue to be relevant as time passes? How will you adapt?
      yes, it is a business that can grow into more. For examples, cleaning houses, cleaning and prepping offices, power washing, or keep fowling the goal and start managing properties.
  • Define your target market
    • Define your ideal customer
      the ideal customer is a property owner that doesn’t want to deal with the B”S clean and paint stuff and that has other stuff to worry about.
    • What’s your market size?
      local and can grow into other states with more people.
    • How easy is it to acquire a customer, and how much will it cost?
      it will be hard at first but word of mouth and advertising can help this.
      there is a list of how to find customers below.
    • Figure out the best place to set up shop
      Setup from home using a google number and maybe a small shop sometime in the near future
  • What advantages does your solution have over your competitors?
    • How much money and effort will it cost to deliver value?
      Same cost as others but be turn to the customer and provide them with the highest customer service.
    • Do you know your industry?
      A little, it’s a harsh industry that can be broken into.
  • Outline the team that will help you execute your idea
    • What key responsibilities will each team member have?
      ME- contact and find customers, get payments, credit line, paint and clean for the first 5 apartments.
      After hire a cleaning contract person to Clean bathroom, and kitchen and
      hire one more person to paint clean carpets. I will work on finding more work.
    • Will team members share ownership of the business?
      no
  • Create a basic financial plan
    • What up-front investment will you need before you can begin?
      1,000- 4,000 dollars …. Cleaning supplies, carpet machine--- paint supplies
    • Estimate your basic expenses and forecast sales to ensure that you can make a profit with your business
      first month-- 1-2 apartments 1,000 each minus supplies and carpet machine. -make a profit of 1,200 - 1400. (not included LLC and insurance)
      3- 6 months—4-6 apartments per month (16k) and start advertising and getting help so I can work on website and customers.
    • Goals
      hire 2- 3 people to help with the tasks
      make the business grow into property management to have a steady income.
      MAIN GOAL is to save 100,000$ and bu an apartment complex and have my own units.
o How to find your customers.
word of mouth. John M from work (6 apartments) Dave from the Marina (10 units) maybe Uncle (6 units).
Make business cards aka first make a logo and then hand them out.
Reach out to realtors and see if I can meet more landlords.
Look on craigslist for rentals and email the landlords to get my name in there.
Make a Facebook page and post pictures of before and after’s.
Design a website that works like rentready.com to drive customers in
put some adds out on the radio?

• Map out business milestones or goals and when you plan to achieve them
    10-17-17 start
    10-24-17 business plan is all set and LLC is started
    10-30-17 get insurance
    10-30-17 LOGO IS DESIGNED
    10-30-17 Facebook is created and all paper work is DONE
    11-8-17 first client is booked
    11-15-17 have all the cleaning and painting supplies ready to go
Pricing on a somewhat clean apartment that needs the kitchen, bathroom cleaned and the ceiling and walls painted.
Single room 600sq feet 600$
3 bedroom 1000sq feet 1200$

Supplies
cleaning- need a caddy of cleaning supplies, a vacuum cleaner, carpet shampooer, mop, broom and dustpan, rolls of rags or paper towels, scrub brushes and sponges, rubber gloves, rolls of garbage bags, a stepstool or a small ladder, flea spray, a general-purpose bug spray, and carpet deodorizer. (300$)

Painting- You'll also want paint brushes, rollers and trays, putty knives, spackle, window putty, a glass knife, and a caddy of tools like hammers, screwdrivers and wrenches. (200$)

Carpet cleaning- rent from home depot for the first few apartments.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZBIGNIEW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Southington ct
also, I was thinking "Rent fresh apartment services" or "Prep my Apartment" for a name. any other suggestions?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Mrs jon and I did this once in years gone by. We did it ourselves to gauge the work involved. We decided that we couldn't make any money after paying housekeepers.

Unless we hired illegals.

MAYBE, if you got hooked up with professional hotel/motel staff. However the scope of work is different.

ZBIGNIEW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Southington ct
I agree the work will be hard and I feel like I will have to do the work up front. I do have a hook up on house cleaners and they are kinda illeages but they have paperwork. they just can't speak English all that well.

if you don't mind me asking you few questions, how did you find apartments to clean?

Also what do you do now for passive income?

ZBIGNIEW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Southington ct
That is awesome. I will add that to my list. How many apartments are you currently running and how did you start in it? I enjoy picking people's brains about this kind of stuff.
Can I Shot you an email so I can pick your brain more about this stuff and keep you updated on how it is going?

thanks

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
That is awesome. I will add that to my list. How many apartments are you currently running and how did you start in it? I enjoy picking people's brains about this kind of stuff.
Can I Shot you an email so I can pick your brain more about this stuff and keep you updated on how it is going?

thanks
We don't have apartments individually. Single family residential and commercial. We passively invest in apartment value adds. Plus hard money funds.
Let's keep the conversation public.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.