The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone use CLICKFUNNELS?

Marketing, social media, advertising

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hello all!

I've been hearing incredible things about clickfunnels (clickfunnels.com). The people who use it, seem to rave about it being the best solution for B2C sales.

I am new to B2C, so lack experience. However, looking at their homepage - the content looks like it was made by someone using microsoft word. Perhaps this is my B2B background interfering, I'm assuming the average B2C buyer is much different than what I'm use to - maybe these ODD looking landing pages really work for the average consumer.

Anyway - curious if anyone else has experience here and knows if they are as great as claimed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
It's basically a landing page builder with integrations to other 3rd party apps. I've tried it, and I didn't like it much.

The interface was clunky and I could never get stuff to look quite right. The pricing was also insane at $100 a month.

That said, it did its job. I did use it for landing pages for Facebook apps I was running and managed to get leads for clients (B2C).

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
It's basically a landing page builder with integrations to other 3rd party apps. I've tried it, and I didn't like it much.

The interface was clunky and I could never get stuff to look quite right. The pricing was also insane at $100 a month.

That said, it did its job. I did use it for landing pages for Facebook apps I was running and managed to get leads for clients (B2C).

Thank you! So as someone with a programming/design background, I would have no use? Sounds like it is more for the average internet marketer to use when they don't have the resources to design their own landing pages quickly.

I thought maybe there was more to it and some sort of specific sales functions.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Thank you! So as someone with a programming/design background, I would have no use? Sounds like it is more for the average internet marketer to use when they don't have the resources to design their own landing pages quickly.

I thought maybe there was more to it and some sort of specific sales functions.

Just the suite of integrations is useful for the developer types. If you can use bootstrap, you'll come up with more visually appealing pages, but the JS for the integrations may be more involved and Clickfunnels could be a time saver.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Its a cult. lol Stay away. Everyone will try to get you to sign up under their affiliate link. Beware.

Funny you say that - I asked a friend who posts about clickfunnels all the time and she said "I'm in the owners INNER CIRCLE" and then gave me a link with an affiliate ID. Thought it was a bit odd haha.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
It's a decent service. Lacking in some areas (namely reporting). It's good or bad depending on what you need. I found for ecommerce, consumers preferred my shopify store over clickfunnels so I dumped it and never went back. I did like certain parts of it. I would use it again if I found something that fit the need. Like a bundle offering (ie: buy 1 for $100, 2 for $150, or 5 for $200), or a webinar or something (not my thing).

sdbrownlie

Building Links for SEO Peeps
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 26, 2017
Royal Leamington Spa
Yeah I agree with @hughjasle -- we used to use it a fair bit and are transitioning away. I'm finding Thrive Themes a lot more powerful. We do miss some of the integrations etc but don't miss all the times you're just 'working around' CF to get what you want done.

What I will say though is that if you're selling the kind of thing it's 100% designed for - supplements at 8x the price you sell the same thing for on Amazon with some nice bump offers, one click upgrades and so on... you will struggle to replace all the functionality outside CF. It nails it's core market perfectly, but if your needs are more diverse then you'll find limitations.

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
there are better options for 1/8 the price if you look and are willing to put in a few weeks to set up your own site

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Tried it and its not for users without a mailing list or for those starting with Online Marketing without deep pockets.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Most of the hype with it is from people trying to make money on the affiliate sales. In fact, they have a 30 day training program specially designed to help people go from 0 to $$$ selling click funnels as an affiliate.

I used it for a while, but it was too expensive for what I was selling.

As previously said, it's pretty good for one specific purpose, anything outside of that it isn't great for.

Their marketing makes a classic bait and switch: "Every needs a funnel, therefore you need clickfunnels".

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Most of the hype with it is from people trying to make money on the affiliate sales. In fact, they have a 30 day training program specially designed to help people go from 0 to $$$ selling click funnels as an affiliate.

I used it for a while, but it was too expensive for what I was selling.

As previously said, it's pretty good for one specific purpose, anything outside of that it isn't great for.

Their marketing makes a classic bait and switch: "Every needs a funnel, therefore you need clickfunnels".

Sounds like a legit pyramid scheme - making $ recruiting additional people.

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
Another +1 for thrive.

I have used clickfunnels alot, and while you can usually get it to work, it feels very clunky. I often have to do little hacks to get things to work as I need.

Rose Jones

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 31, 2019
there are better options for 1/8 the price if you look and are willing to put in a few weeks to set up your own site
Please don't tease! Tell us what they are.

I am trying to compare Kartra, Clickfunnels and Builderall - it is so difficult because they all have great affiliate programs. I like the idea that Karta comes with email marketing too, and is cheaper than Clickfunnels overall but I heard that you can only use it with one domain which is nuts. I am confused. They all seem to have a "learning curve" too which is frustrating, the idea is to have something that is low tech and easy rather than having to spend a month dedicated to the service.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I saw the owner, Russell Brunson give a presentation on Click Funnels at 10X Growth Con 3. I can't remember much of his presentation because his audio was messed up, but I do remember him saying his company (Click Funnels) was worth over $300M. He's under 40 and started out flat broke if I remember his story.

Please don't tease! Tell us what they are.

I am trying to compare Kartra, Clickfunnels and Builderall - it is so difficult because they all have great affiliate programs. I like the idea that Karta comes with email marketing too, and is cheaper than Clickfunnels overall but I heard that you can only use it with one domain which is nuts. I am confused. They all seem to have a "learning curve" too which is frustrating, the idea is to have something that is low tech and easy rather than having to spend a month dedicated to the service.

Click Funnel is supposed to be superior to others because you are supposed to be able to set it up in 10 minutes or less, something insane like that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD1VZxqekL4

Walter.LV

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 21, 2018
Latvia
I used it quite a bit. It's quite pricey - starting from $97 (US) a month.
Really depends on what you need it for. If it's just for lead generation (i.e. you need to build decent looking landing pages that convert), then you can save yourself some money and go with thrive builder, lead pages and other tools like that.

If you're a marketer selling all kinds of products (front-end, OTO's, Main product, back-end, high price products/services), then it's a tool you might want to look into because of the ease of use. Their templates really do convert if you have decent copy and understand how to structure your landing pages.

As goes for the hype. It's just your regular bro marketing hype. Try to avoid it.

Khabeer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 10, 2016
Yep I use it for my long form copy sales page, as well as an automated webinar; it works great.

Like already mentioned though, there are other products that can definitely do the same at a cheaper price. I just use it because I always have, so it's easy for my team to build and deploy when needed.

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014

mattsteinman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
May 13, 2019
Michigan
If it wasn't for their affiliate program, I'd be using another landing page/sales funnel builder. That being said, I still find great value in all of the training, free content, and books that Russell has published. I've learned a TON from his 2 books, Dotcom Secrets and Expert Secrets.

BTW, +1 for Thrive Themes (has it's cons as well though).

That being said, it's just a piece of software to help you quickly launch a funnel with its drag n' drop editor.

The largest hurdle IMO is creating the Hook, Story, and Offer that you need BEFORE you actually start building out your funnel. The actual build of the funnel is the easy part.

If you are a master copywriter and have an irresistible offer for your target audience, what software you use to build your funnel is completely up to you.

Most people quit because they think it's the software when their funnel doesn't convert. Even Russell admits to making 6 revisions to a funnel before it actually gains traction.

Try it out for 14-days. If you don't like it, go off and try another funnel builder. I'm sure you'll find pros and cons with 'em all.

Good luck!

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Its a cult. lol Stay away. Everyone will try to get you to sign up under their affiliate link. Beware.
How much Ditto and PV? How many products(affiliate links) do I need? What's the compensation plan? How much does a Diamond make?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.