The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone here still sell on EBAY?

Dynain

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 25, 2007
I have cut down to nearly nothing.. They treat the Seller like real bad..

Some still do make a living off it but not like before.

They are losing people like fleas.

Thoughts?

D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lobster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Oct 23, 2007
ebay has basicly no competitors. so its pretty much ebay or dont sell it at all.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
[opinion]Ebay is the first thing you think of when you hear online auctions, but when people get upset they simply go elsewhere. There is no huge competitor at the moment, but I can see that changing very quickly. The internet landscape is like a sand dune, the rise and fall of companies can happen overnight simply do to word of mouth.[/opinion]

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
You'll find that if you want to sell name brand stuff on ebay...good luck. Their fees did go up too! :( They're a lot of counterfeit items on ebay..which ebay doesn't seem to care about, since they make money of it anyways. I'm sure they say they do, but seem to take no action.

Ausable

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 12, 2007
Des Moines
My sister and I use to sell quite a bit of stuff on ebay. Until we can to the realization that everyone else (ebay, UPS, etc.) was making a profit except for us.

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
Actually, eBay works hand-in-hand with the brands/manufacturers to identify and remove counterfeit items. Unfortunately, it's a difficult and time-consuming effort, and even the brand owners sometimes have trouble spotting the fakes from an online ad.

I guess it's just my experience. I bought an item on ebay and it was counterfeited. There were several other users that complained about it being counterfeited also. I've filed a bbb report and did everything on ebay to report the user. At the end after 3 months my negative feedback left for the seller plus the other users' negative feedback left for the user was gone. Seller was back at 100% positive. Ebay pretty much has done nothing but sent the same email over and over to me stating they received my complaint. I believe I got that email 4 times in a month. Anyways I know it's counterfeited because I know the product. Well that's just my 2 cents against some ebay sellers.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I suppose alot of companies are still using it for advertising and redirecting the targeted traffic, I am starting a similar campaign next week for ebay, i will report how it goes.

MikeT_Ca

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 23, 2007
I think Craigslist.com is a good second choice to ebay but it is in no way a replacement.

santiago

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 20, 2007
I suppose alot of companies are still using it for advertising and redirecting the targeted traffic, I am starting a similar campaign next week for ebay, i will report how it goes.

Can you elaborate on how you accomplish this? Ebay certainly gets a lot of eyeballs, but breaks down as a sale tool - this would seem like an effective way to use ebay.

Regarding brand names, my experience as a seller is they definitely do try to eliminate fakes. I sold popular brand (Coach, LV, Prada) women's handbags on ebay and was immediately contacted by ebay to provide proof that I was selling legit items. I had to supply information on where I was sourcing the bags and I know that ebay followed up with that source to verify that I was legit and was selling as described. Actually, it ticked me off as they froze my paypal account for 3 weeks while they investigated..

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Can you elaborate on how you accomplish this? Ebay certainly gets a lot of eyeballs, but breaks down as a sale tool - this would seem like an effective way to use ebay.

Regarding brand names, my experience as a seller is they definitely do try to eliminate fakes. I sold popular brand (Coach, LV, Prada) women's handbags on ebay and was immediately contacted by ebay to provide proof that I was selling legit items. I had to supply information on where I was sourcing the bags and I know that ebay followed up with that source to verify that I was legit and was selling as described. Actually, it ticked me off as they froze my paypal account for 3 weeks while they investigated..

I will explain a little more in depth once i get it going and see how it acctually works. But the basis being using back links on you auctions to your ecommerce site wile staying within ebays Rules and Regs. Thus eliminating competition, fees, and cross promoting similar products on your site. Your using ebays targeted traffic, those users clicked on your auction already because they are intrested in the product and ebay has huge exposure.

You do have to have it well planned out however to keep from getting banned on ebay or being considered SPAM.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.