The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone From The West Living Or Working In Bali?

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
I've spent my entire life in the same town. I have been interested in moving to several different places. I currently have had a 10-year long obsession with surfing part of the reason the Fastlane lifestyle is so attractive to me. Most of the places are super expensive obviously all relative but talking 5k+ a month to live in let's say Cali with a decent place and close distance to surf. Looking into Bali seemed super affordable with lots of influencers and other entrepreneurs living out there. Also asking because of a lot of my close friends keep telling me its super unrealistic.

So I just a few questions
1. How did you enjoy your time in Bali?
2. Areas your would recommend to live and work?
2. What did you think about the cost of living in Bali?
3. Where you able to focus on your business?
4. Would you go back to if you just visited Bali?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Bali is a beautiful microcasm of Indonesia. I have spent vacation time there. It is truly a beautiful place with great people that are welcoming; After the terror attacks, security has tightened up considerably, but still safe and albeit you wouldnt want to leave! Denpasar is a bustling city and smaller cities of Singaraja and Mangapura are also good. It is very clean and is one of the top areas/regions in all of indonesia in my opinion. Much better then jakarta and indonesian part of borneo of the likes. If you are from small town then maybe transitioning to a Gianyar province Ubud (town) may be forthcoming. However Denpasar is a great city to live i believe (still not expensive in my opinion as the likes of other cities in that region of the world).

I definitely would love to invest there and would love to spend 1.5-2 months per year to unwind when I officially reach FU status.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 9, 2017
stonington

Thanks for all the info really appreciate it!

I think the thing most intriguing to me is the fact that you don't need an FU status to live there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Hey @Scuur, I have a friend who opened an Amazon business, moved his whole family to Bali for 6 months I think, worked and lived there. He's now living on a boat in Seattle. Would you like me ask him if I could introduce you both?

Loving you,
Tiago

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
Hey @Scuur, I have a friend who opened an Amazon business, moved his whole family to Bali for 6 months I think, worked and lived there. He's now living on a boat in Seattle. Would you like me ask him if I could introduce you both?

Loving you,
Tiago

@Tiago That would be amazing. Thank you so much. I'll pm you my email.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.