The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone Ever Use inlpcenter.org?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tjack102

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Sep 21, 2016
I'm interested in nlp and potential benefits. I'd love to go to a physical class but i'm in Afghanistan right now that'll be a little difficult. I looked up online courses and I came across this http://inlpcenter.org/available-nlp-programs/nlp-practitioner-certification-online/. Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with this before I spend $500. Did a quick google search for reviews but couldn't find much info

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
I am asking my wife what she is thinking about this program, she is a certified nlp master practicioner.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm interested in nlp and potential benefits. I'd love to go to a physical class but i'm in Afghanistan right now that'll be a little difficult. I looked up online courses and I came across this http://inlpcenter.org/available-nlp-programs/nlp-practitioner-certification-online/. Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with this before I spend $500. Did a quick google search for reviews but couldn't find much info

I've taken their courses. The videos are older. No telling when they were recorded. Overall the courses are good. Their material is delivered by audio, video, and worksheets with exercises. You turn in homework assignments and get feedback usually within a day to help clarify your understanding of a given subject. I believe it's lifetime access too.

I talked with them about getting certified for GI Bill and MYCAA benefits a while back, but not sure if they were ever able to get approved. Might be worth checking into if you're military.

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
Quote from my wife:
Hmpf, if you just want to get a piece of paper/pdf with a seal on it, that certifies you, then its ok. Else its just rubbish, doing a communication education online is highly questionable.
You could read the book NLP for Dummies its lower priced and much more entertainable.​

In principle she says its better to visit the training in person, as NLP works on multiple levels, verbal, non-verbal, body-language...

But in the end its your decision.

Tjack102

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Sep 21, 2016
I've taken their courses. The videos are older. No telling when they were recorded. Overall the courses are good. Their material is delivered by audio, video, and worksheets with exercises. You turn in homework assignments and get feedback usually within a day to help clarify your understanding of a given subject. I believe it's lifetime access too.

I talked with them about getting certified for GI Bill and MYCAA benefits a while back, but not sure if they were ever able to get approved. Might be worth checking into if you're military.

Wow if they had GI Bill Benefits that would be pretty cool. I'll Do more research for now. Thank you for the insight. After reading Awaken the Giant Within and reading some other stuff on the forum i'm pretty interested.

Tjack102

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Sep 21, 2016
Quote from my wife:
Hmpf, if you just want to get a piece of paper/pdf with a seal on it, that certifies you, then its ok. Else its just rubbish, doing a communication education online is highly questionable.
You could read the book NLP for Dummies its lower priced and much more entertainable.​

In principle she says its better to visit the training in person, as NLP works on multiple levels, verbal, non-verbal, body-language...

Thanks for going through the trouble! That does make sense to be in person for that aspect. Yeah i'll do more research on it and in the mean time read more books

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Thanks for going through the trouble! That does make sense to be in person for that aspect. Yeah i'll do more research on it and in the mean time read more books
TBH it doesn't make a difference whether you train in person or online. Most won't retain what they learn until they put it to practical use in the real world (hence the workbooks). There are a few differences in live training vs. online.

For starters live training ends when the seminar is over. You might get a workbook, but you usually can't go back and re-watch live training. Online you can return to the material any time you need a refresher.

Second, live training opens you up to all sorts of distractions (unless it's 1on1, but that's more expensive). Anytime we enter a social environment we suddenly have a lot of new and unique stimuli to account for and that can make it really difficult to learn.

Lastly is the convenience factor. Virtually anything you can learn live you can learn online. If you don't believe it, just ask the 12 year old girl that won America's Got Talent this year. Self-taught with YouTube.

I'd already studied NLP for a long time when I took the online course. Wasn't interested in in-person meet n greets which could be useful for networking depending on what you're doing. I use it for copywriting and we all know how that went...

Whatever you choose, just be ready to commit and put it to use in real life so you really grasp the learning and make it worth the cash.

G

GuestUser155

TBH it doesn't make a difference whether you train in person or online. Most won't retain what they learn until they put it to practical use in the real world (hence the workbooks). There are a few differences in live training vs. online.

For starters live training ends when the seminar is over. You might get a workbook, but you usually can't go back and re-watch live training. Online you can return to the material any time you need a refresher.

Second, live training opens you up to all sorts of distractions (unless it's 1on1, but that's more expensive). Anytime we enter a social environment we suddenly have a lot of new and unique stimuli to account for and that can make it really difficult to learn.

Lastly is the convenience factor. Virtually anything you can learn live you can learn online. If you don't believe it, just ask the 12 year old girl that won America's Got Talent this year. Self-taught with YouTube.

I'd already studied NLP for a long time when I took the online course. Wasn't interested in in-person meet n greets which could be useful for networking depending on what you're doing. I use it for copywriting and we all know how that went...

Whatever you choose, just be ready to commit and put it to use in real life so you really grasp the learning and make it worth the cash.

What resources have you used that were valuable in the NLP area?

I'm learning it right now for the same reason, so I've picked up some Silva and Goldman.

madmoney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Feb 25, 2016

Hey lex you recommend any other places besides inlp?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Did a quick google search for reviews but couldn't find much info
What exact wording did you use for the search?

I've been using NLP since 2013, took my master prac in 2015, and have been teaching practitioner-level trainings for about a year now.

The topics they cover in the modules are the basic tools of NLP.

If cost is a factor, make a list of all the specific topics, and you can teach yourself for free using YouTube.

Where the benefits of some online training come in is when the practitioners that teach them not only teach you how to use the tools (like teaching how to use a hammer or screwdriver), but also how to put the tools together (how to use the hammer and screwdriver to build a house).

Where the benefits of the live trainings come in are when you have hands-on experience and real world practice to put them to use. In small classes ,you get more personal support. In the practitioner training I took, it was a class of 60, so it was a little more watered down.
  1. Learn the tools.
  2. Put them to use on yourself.
  3. Practice them on friends.
  4. And then begin by putting them together.
NLP Practitioner trainings are enough to get you started, but the real benefits come when you commit to it for the long haul and practice on a regular basis.

If you want to get started, list the topics they cover, such as Anchoring for example: and http://nlp-mentor.com/nlp-anchoring/ is a free resource.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Just curious - what you guys who practice NLP think about this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-linguistic_programming#Scientific_criticism

Numerous literature reviews and meta-analyses have failed to show evidence for NLP's assumptions or effectiveness as a therapeutic method.[90] While some NLP practitioners have argued that the lack of empirical support is due to insufficient research testing NLP,[91] the consensus scientific opinion is that NLP is pseudoscience[92] and that attempts to dismiss the research findings based on these arguments "[constitute]s an admission that NLP does not have an evidence base and that NLP practitioners are seeking a post-hoc credibility."[93] Surveys in the academic community have shown NLP to be widely discredited among scientists.[94] Among the reasons for considering NLP a pseudoscience are that evidence in favor of it is limited to anecdotes and personal testimony,[95] that it is not informed by scientific understanding of neuroscience and linguistics,[96] and that the name "neuro-linguistic programming" uses jargon words to impress readers and obfuscate ideas, whereas NLP itself does not relate any phenomena to neural structures and has nothing in common with linguistics or programming.[97] In fact, in education, NLP has been used as a key example of pseudoscience.[98]

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

In my opinion results are what matters.

People can say MTF hits huge numbers each month because he's lucky.

They can discount the process and say it's one-off.

But that doesn't change MTF's experience, does it?

NLP is credible/useful to the extent it proves useful for the user.

Personally, I find it useful enough to not care about wikipedia's opinion. But results may vary! :D

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

It works for me, it works for the people I work with, and I stopped wasting my time trying to prove it right to people who aren't open to it.

EDIT: This came off mean. Whoops! You're cool @MTF - I'm referencing others in the past who I spent too much time trying to convince! Still planning those Eurotrips

Last edited:

JohnVB

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 15, 2021
Quote from my wife:
Hmpf, if you just want to get a piece of paper/pdf with a seal on it, that certifies you, then its ok. Else its just rubbish, doing a communication education online is highly questionable.​

I have not seen this class but I am NLP master also. So your wife never watched the class and says it sucks? That price is cheap compared to attending anything in person I paid triple that to get certified and have NEVER in my life had a single client ask if I am certified. I don’t know how the class is but I find it interested to say that NlP for dummies is better that a class with recorded videos and teaching. Yes the certificate is just a piece of paper but I think you really should not review a product based on an opinion that has not seen it. SMH

demimelvin07

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 4, 2022
Hey lex you recommend any other places besides inlp?
Hi, I've done my NLP practitioner and master practitioner through the mindtech institute. One of the best institutes for real. I did my NLP prac at some cheap place online but it was sooo outdated and boringggg. With some search and Google I found an amazing webinar hosted by the mindtech institute. The webinar wasn't about NLP, it was about human behaviour and how we evolve psychologically. The speaker was excellent and felt soooo engaged with him and the subject, especially the amount of information that I've learnt (and more specifically because he wasn't like those annoying speaker hyped up etc... later to find out that the speaker is an NLP trainer at the mindtech institute. I enrolled right away and it's the best thing I've ever done. I explained my situation that I've done an NLP practitioner and want to do the master practitioner with them. They didn't accept my previous nlp practitioner because it was not even close to cover all the required subjects, but they we kind enough to sign me up to re-do my NLP practitioner totally FREE with them and only pay for the master practitioner (that's why I mentioned the best institute). I highly suggest you look them up. By the way, they are not the cheapest and they are selective, but you get what you pay for. Here's link and I hope my comment helps Neuro Linguistic Programming NLP Practitioner And Master Practitioner - The MindTech Institute

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.