The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone ever taken a David Bayer Course or have a mindset coach?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Has anyone ever taken a David Bayer course? Or has previously used a mindset coach? If so what's your opinions on them?

I've been thing a lot lately about how my thoughts, beliefs and previous decisions have led me to the position i am in now. As i go through the day i'm starting to notice how i feel about certain parts of my personal and working life. Lately, mainly due to business debt i've been struggling with stress and anxiety which is leading to poor sleeping patterns and a general feeling of malaise/tiredness.

I came across David Bayer via someone on my Amazon Facebook group and have watched a few webinars. He offers a 7 day mindset course for around $495 i think. He also offers a more personal coaching service for 6 months but's a lot more expensive at $8000.00

The sceptic in me tells me that the reason most of the "creators" of these online courses make money from their courses not from the results of their teachings. It's standard online course premise, have a smaller cheaper program to reach the mass then grease them up for the big one further down the line.

The other part in me that's fed up of feeling anxious and not sleeping well thinks what's the worst that can happen. I've spent 20 years of business life and personal life making decisions that haven't always been in alignment of how i want to be and what i want to achieve. Maybe it's time to reach out for help.

Just interested if anyone has had experience in this area?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
@Paul David

I'll have a conversation with you, and it won't cost you $8000 dollars.

It won't cost you anything.

I may not be David Bayer, but I know enough about mindset and how to break through some of the walls that we can get you on the right path.

If you need more services after that, will shop around for the best resources out there.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I can't provide any opinion on David's course because I haven't taken it myself, but from working in this industry for close to four years now, something in this realm is exactly what will help you.

Take into mind that what you'll be learning here isn't marketing, it's not sales, it's not business strategy, it's not anything that people can place a direct ROI on. One of my past clients races cars. I know nothing about racing cars, but I was able to teach him a technique to release the stress and anxiety before the race. This way when he got behind the wheel, he was more relaxed. So the concern about making money from this course vs. from the results of teachings shouldn't be a concern for something like this. Someone could be the best psychologist in the world, but they suck at marketing. Does that make them any worse at what they specialize in? Nope!

Any business results claims people in this ream make make come from one of two things:

1. Your emotional state drags you down, and therefore you performance suffers. You're not going to be able to run a marathon if you're hungover. You're not going to be motivated and full of energy if you're going through this.

2. Law of attraction/manifestation. A lot of people in the mindset and psychology field border on the line of spirituality. When you get in the emotional state of already having your problem resolved, you attract things to you at that vibrational level. Something I wholeheartedly believe and and experienced, but seldom talk about anymore on here because it gets a lot of flack from the business crowd.

What you're looking for here is someone to help not only with a positive mindset, but someone who can take control of your emotions.

If I could recommend someone, it would be one of my NLP mentors from Colorado. I just checked his website for you where he charges $150 per hour and his sessions are 1.5 hours on average. I don't know if he does phone or skype consultations, but if there was anyone in the world I would suggest going to, it would be him. Trained psychologist, but operates as a 'coach' outside of Colorado due to legal terminology.

A course in itself won't magically cure you, but the right course will teach you the tools, techniques, and strategies that can make you feel better.
  • Course - If you want to dedicate years of your life to mastering this skill - a course is right for you. That's what I did and it got me to the point where I'm motivated and no longer stress about anything. From time to time, shit comes up that puts me in a bad emotional state, but the tools I taught myself break me out of it in about 20 minutes, and allows me to discover/address the root cause of what it is so it doesn't come back. But this took 4 years of deep studying and experience to get here.
  • Coaching - If you're busy working on your business - working with an experienced coach who knows what they are talking about is the best option for you. As someone who worked with hundreds of people in areas like this, I can tell you that, in general, a six-month commitment is a good timeframe to allow many of the longer-term results sink in and stick. 1-2 sessions with a coach will help you break free, and you can learn some techniques to break out of these patterns as they come up, but not to reach optimal levels.
It sounds like you're pretty serious about fixing this problem, so the two most impactful tools I came across were EFT and Timeline Therapy.

The first is a link to something you can do for 3-minute chunks on whatever emotions come up during a session and you can release them one-by-one. The second link is a book on discovering the root cause of the problems you are facing (decision for debt, etc.), and how to release those from your life. It's a hard read, but 100% the building blocks of what will help you the most.

In general, these emotions are pointing you off the path you are on, and back on to take the right actions with the one that is right for you. The timeline therapy book will teach you the skill to help you pinpoint exactly what the root cause of the problem is, and guide you in the direction of addressing it.

I've got a meeting to attend to, but let me know if you want the info to my guy in Colorado.

I'll do my best to reply more to the sleep problem part of it later. It usually stems from your worst fear of the future. When you release the fear, it'll get better.

The_Saphir

Deo Volente
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 31, 2016
Everywhere
I can't provide any opinion on David's course because I haven't taken it myself, but from working in this industry for close to four years now, something in this realm is exactly what will help you.

Take into mind that what you'll be learning here isn't marketing, it's not sales, it's not business strategy, it's not anything that people can place a direct ROI on. One of my past clients races cars. I know nothing about racing cars, but I was able to teach him a technique to release the stress and anxiety before the race. This way when he got behind the wheel, he was more relaxed. So the concern about making money from this course vs. from the results of teachings shouldn't be a concern for something like this. Someone could be the best psychologist in the world, but they suck at marketing. Does that make them any worse at what they specialize in? Nope!

Any business results claims people in this ream make make come from one of two things:

1. Your emotional state drags you down, and therefore you performance suffers. You're not going to be able to run a marathon if you're hungover. You're not going to be motivated and full of energy if you're going through this.

2. Law of attraction/manifestation. A lot of people in the mindset and psychology field border on the line of spirituality. When you get in the emotional state of already having your problem resolved, you attract things to you at that vibrational level. Something I wholeheartedly believe and and experienced, but seldom talk about anymore on here because it gets a lot of flack from the business crowd.

What you're looking for here is someone to help not only with a positive mindset, but someone who can take control of your emotions.

If I could recommend someone, it would be one of my NLP mentors from Colorado. I just checked his website for you where he charges $150 per hour and his sessions are 1.5 hours on average. I don't know if he does phone or skype consultations, but if there was anyone in the world I would suggest going to, it would be him. Trained psychologist, but operates as a 'coach' outside of Colorado due to legal terminology.

A course in itself won't magically cure you, but the right course will teach you the tools, techniques, and strategies that can make you feel better.
  • Course - If you want to dedicate years of your life to mastering this skill - a course is right for you. That's what I did and it got me to the point where I'm motivated and no longer stress about anything. From time to time, sh*t comes up that puts me in a bad emotional state, but the tools I taught myself break me out of it in about 20 minutes, and allows me to discover/address the root cause of what it is so it doesn't come back. But this took 4 years of deep studying and experience to get here.
  • Coaching - If you're busy working on your business - working with an experienced coach who knows what they are talking about is the best option for you. As someone who worked with hundreds of people in areas like this, I can tell you that, in general, a six-month commitment is a good timeframe to allow many of the longer-term results sink in and stick. 1-2 sessions with a coach will help you break free, and you can learn some techniques to break out of these patterns as they come up, but not to reach optimal levels.
It sounds like you're pretty serious about fixing this problem, so the two most impactful tools I came across were EFT and Timeline Therapy.

The first is a link to something you can do for 3-minute chunks on whatever emotions come up during a session and you can release them one-by-one. The second link is a book on discovering the root cause of the problems you are facing (decision for debt, etc.), and how to release those from your life. It's a hard read, but 100% the building blocks of what will help you the most.

In general, these emotions are pointing you off the path you are on, and back on to take the right actions with the one that is right for you. The timeline therapy book will teach you the skill to help you pinpoint exactly what the root cause of the problem is, and guide you in the direction of addressing it.

I've got a meeting to attend to, but let me know if you want the info to my guy in Colorado.

I'll do my best to reply more to the sleep problem part of it later. It usually stems from your worst fear of the future. When you release the fear, it'll get better.
Thank you

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas

• Course - If you want to dedicate years of your life to mastering this skill - a course is right for you. That's what I did and it got me to the point where I'm motivated and no longer stress about anything. From time to time, shit comes up that puts me in a bad emotional state, but the tools I taught myself break me out of it in about 20 minutes, and allows me to discover/address the root cause of what it is so it doesn't come back. But this took 4 years of deep studying and experience to get here.

Awesome advice. Thank you.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Awesome advice. Thank you.

You might wanna stay away from that guy or anything he says. You should see the thread about him launching a book.

You don't need a fancy coach, course or to know a thing about NLP. Large chunks of it are psychobabble and confirmation bias.

Success is just inner and outer process.

Inner:
-taking ownership
-focusing on one thing at a time
-letting the past go to focus on the future

Outer:
-finding the channel buyers pay attention to
-offering value above the competition
-getting repeats and referrals.

OnTheWrox

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 14, 2019
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Has anyone ever taken a David Bayer course? Or has previously used a mindset coach? If so what's your opinions on them?

I've been thing a lot lately about how my thoughts, beliefs and previous decisions have led me to the position i am in now. As i go through the day i'm starting to notice how i feel about certain parts of my personal and working life. Lately, mainly due to business debt i've been struggling with stress and anxiety which is leading to poor sleeping patterns and a general feeling of malaise/tiredness.

I came across David Bayer via someone on my Amazon Facebook group and have watched a few webinars. He offers a 7 day mindset course for around $495 i think. He also offers a more personal coaching service for 6 months but's a lot more expensive at $8000.00

The sceptic in me tells me that the reason most of the "creators" of these online courses make money from their courses not from the results of their teachings. It's standard online course premise, have a smaller cheaper program to reach the mass then grease them up for the big one further down the line.

The other part in me that's fed up of feeling anxious and not sleeping well thinks what's the worst that can happen. I've spent 20 years of business life and personal life making decisions that haven't always been in alignment of how i want to be and what i want to achieve. Maybe it's time to reach out for help.

It's great that you are self aware enough to notice your thoughts and feelings. Sometimes too much, I too have the anxiety yet it is nothing what it used to be. I have never heard of the guy you were asking about however you're totally on the right path. There are some ways that I've done to help allievate much of my anxiety and be able to change the way I feel about many things, including money. I'm still on the journey to changing myself or rather my beliefs about money, definitely a work in progress.

I can only speak to my experience in that I have studied NLP with a legitimate instructor who has been praticing over thirty five years and has hundreds of testimonials. Going through the training changed my life and my family's life. Dysfunction from childhood and once an adult it just exacerbated to a complete cluster F*ck. Therapist weren't helpful for me other than giving me the space to cry which was cathartic. Some crazy events with my brother lead me to the NLP instructor who I'm still incredibly close to, in fact she's the one I call when needing guidance or intense life shit happens. I did have a personal session which drastically changed my world, helped me get a grip on my anxiety and emotions. From there I became a believer went on to do the training and many other courses.

NLP isn't for everyone and for sure there's some douche bags that use the art as a weapon however it surely can be used to help. Changing core beliefs changed my family, it's so true when you hear the change starts with you. My analogy is that that we are in a matrix within a matrix, the system is all connected and we as humans are connected to one another especially family, friends, community. So when we change ourselves a ripple effect goes out to everyone else. It's mind blowing.

I'm happy to offer you recommendation if you'd like for the NLP instructor, she mostly works with business professionals wanting to increase their business and level up. Which it sounds like the frustration you mentioned may be some of that. If not, I'd start positive affirmations the beliefs are core and pay attention to how your body responds when you come across them. Beliefs are short spinets and they're difficult to grasp they come in and out of your mind super quick. SALAD cards are NLP cards you can buy on Amazon they're words and phrases using those can also challenge your thought processes maybe loosen few mindset blocks.

Also, the anxiety start challenging and question the thought process of yourself. Ask yourself how would that be possible, break down into smaller and smaller pieces. When our mind chunks up (i.e. eating the whole elephant in one bite) is when the mind goes into fight or flight mode. Piece things down as much as you can, will help to not sound the alarms emotionally.

Take care!

james27263

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 23, 2020

Did you notice all the people that responded actually didn't answer your question. What they did was try to sell you on THEIR coaching - that tells you something about the people answering your question.

Anyway - here is what you asked for.

I am IN David Bayer Legendary. It was a $25K buy in for my wife and I and completely transformed our business and our life. You can join Accelerator for around $7K I believe and it is a 4 month program. Around 25% of those people actually reup and join Legendary.

The support is outstanding across the board and Davids approach is actually less 'get it done now' to 'it will get done...don't panick"

Be clear David isn't for everyone! I am NOT a big mindset guy ( I believe a great model beats a great mindset - and I told David that personally :) BUT if you want that blend of Mindset PLUS Business acumen then he is worth checking out. He runs a 2 day intensive for about $200 (virtual since of COVID) so it would be worth getting in on that first to see not only David but people like me who are in his program - that's the ONLY way to get the answer you really want.

Good Luck

James

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 27, 2021
Did you notice all the people that responded actually didn't answer your question. What they did was try to sell you on THEIR coaching - that tells you something about the people answering your question.

Anyway - here is what you asked for.

I am IN David Bayer Legendary. It was a $25K buy in for my wife and I and completely transformed our business and our life. You can join Accelerator for around $7K I believe and it is a 4 month program. Around 25% of those people actually reup and join Legendary.

The support is outstanding across the board and Davids approach is actually less 'get it done now' to 'it will get done...don't panick"

Be clear David isn't for everyone! I am NOT a big mindset guy ( I believe a great model beats a great mindset - and I told David that personally :) BUT if you want that blend of Mindset PLUS Business acumen then he is worth checking out. He runs a 2 day intensive for about $200 (virtual since of COVID) so it would be worth getting in on that first to see not only David but people like me who are in his program - that's the ONLY way to get the answer you really want.

Good Luck

James
James thanks for the honest response based on your ACTUAL experience ;)

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
I haven't done any of Michael's courses, but I know a friend that has and he loved it.

Now my personal take on it, which is very biased, as I used to be a full-time coach - it is SO worth it, as long as you have a great coach by your side.

I have personally wasted money on coaches that did more harm than good, and other ones where working with them was like having a money-printing machine.

The one that helped me the most was a combination of mindset + business tactics. Mindset isn't the end all be all. Some things in business you just don't know how to do, and no matter how awesome your mindset is, you need someone to show you the way.

Now, to improve your mindset and business skills, you don't necessarily need a coach. One of the best things I've been doing on that front is to network with people that are way more successful than me.

Last week I had a call with someone who is a strategic advisor and investor in quite a few very successful companies, and during a one-hour conversation, I've shortened my learning curve by almost a decade, probably.

If you want to improve your mindset to reduce anxiety and feel more at ease, I recommend Michael Singer's book and course. Or doing breathwork therapy. Or learning to practice Ho'oponopono. That is a fraction of what a coach would cost.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 9, 2021

I entered the program. I think it is extremely overpriced for essentially zoom calls and a Facebook group. I would never recommend it for anyone.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 27, 2021
I entered the program. I think it is extremely overpriced for essentially zoom calls and a Facebook group. I would never recommend it for anyone.
The program comes with over 40 hours of high level strategy and curriculum, a monthly one hour ones-on-one call with a high level certified coach who is actually a business owner, 16 group coaching calls every month with David’s team including his copywriter, digital marketing director, offer specialist, lead business and mindset trainers and his director of enrollment. You also get access to a 2-day intensive online business and mindset, the private Facebook group and David’s flagship Mind Hack program. You get all of David’s templates, emails speaker kit, presentation structure, Webinar template, messaging templates - they’re really in depth. It also includes a monthly group call directly with David where he answers your questions and usually answers every question submitted. The response above is quite misleading. Most programs that deliver this much are way more expensive - especially for a 4-month program. I guess everybody has their opinion. Curious if this person actually did all the work. Doesn’t sound like it based on their description of the program.

Kt_rs

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 26, 2023

Great advice. Can you provide the name of the Colorado NLP?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.