Hey all,
I pretty have a minimal idea of how to build websites. If it is basic HTML or e-commerce, then it is doable. However, I had an idea for a social networking site and I would have had no idea where to start. So I decided months ago to hire a company from India to save on costs. The company did a decent job designing the layout of the site with my guidance, but the functionality isn't all there. I've been requesting a lot of changes but they take forever just to work on it. So there I have a site, but not fully functioning the way I want it to be, therefore I don't want to release it to the public.
I'm thinking about dropping them and picking up a new website developer. Would that not be smart because the new developer would have to pick up from somebody else's work?
Has anybody had this experience before? If so, how did you deal with it?
Thanks fellow fastlaners
I pretty have a minimal idea of how to build websites. If it is basic HTML or e-commerce, then it is doable. However, I had an idea for a social networking site and I would have had no idea where to start. So I decided months ago to hire a company from India to save on costs. The company did a decent job designing the layout of the site with my guidance, but the functionality isn't all there. I've been requesting a lot of changes but they take forever just to work on it. So there I have a site, but not fully functioning the way I want it to be, therefore I don't want to release it to the public.
I'm thinking about dropping them and picking up a new website developer. Would that not be smart because the new developer would have to pick up from somebody else's work?
Has anybody had this experience before? If so, how did you deal with it?
Thanks fellow fastlaners
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
