The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone else, like their business so much they don't need to take vacation?

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

DeletedUser0287

Ever since I started this my current venture, I realized that working on my business and vacation is exactly the same thing. The total opposite of work M-F and rush to "go out" and drink your problems away.

I would rather stay at home and work on my business than go out or other things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
Did you have this from the start? I notice alot of resistance from within to get this train moving.

Maybe I still need to hit the positive loop MJ talks about in his books.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I think this is pretty normal in the early stages of running a business, when you still have that buzz and energy. I’ve found it eventually wanes though.

For me I’m usually all in for the first year or so living and breathing it but then it calms down and by year 3 I’m bored and need a new challenge. If I continue past year 4 I know the business will suffer so I really need be totally hands off, or move on.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
I’ve been running my business for... 10 years maybe a bit longer from when I first started (man that’s hard to believe). I honestly live a vacation.

That’s not because I don’t work but because I’ve made my life pretty awesome. I work a few hours in the morning, another hour or so after lunch then spend the afternoon/ early evening in the pool/ with my family. After the kids go to bed I normally work for another 1-2 hours. Total time spent working is probably 4-5 hours a day, 6 days a week.

When I go on vacation I look forward to getting back home and back to my normal schedule.

It is 100% possible to build a life that is like a vacation every day!

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I’ve been running my business for... 10 years maybe a bit longer from when I first started (man that’s hard to believe). I honestly live a vacation.

That’s not because I don’t work but because I’ve made my life pretty awesome. I work a few hours in the morning, another hour or so after lunch then spend the afternoon/ early evening in the pool/ with my family. After the kids go to bed I normally work for another 1-2 hours. Total time spent working is probably 4-5 hours a day, 6 days a week.

When I go on vacation I look forward to getting back home and back to my normal schedule.

It is 100% possible to build a life that is like a vacation every day!

I'm on the cusp. Using my prior experience to put me over the edge. Worked too damn hard for too damn long - but I have a lot to work with because of my past.

If, for some reason, this does not work out according to plan - would you consider adopting me? I can clean the pool...

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
There is a difference. Back when I first started my very first cleaning business I loved it and didn't really need a vacation. I brought it to my own attention even back then. Then as the years went by, I still felt the same way. Even when things were really hectic I still felt the same way. Fast forward through the years with other businesses, the ones I've been in direct charge of..... I pretty much felt the same way. We would go on vacation but I could have done without; always looking forward to getting back to 'work'. We had money back then but I was always building on that nest egg..... I just loved the businesses because they were helping to build that nest egg and that's kind of what made it fun for me.

But now that we have money, it is just a different feeling. I have this business and I was working just now.... I love it! But nowadays when we go on vacation, this business is not on my mind at all. If I get back home and every business that I'm a part of is some how gone.... vanished..... I'm ok with it. This flipping business is by far the most fun in a business I've ever had, but I'm looking forward to St. Augustine the last week of the year. I'm looking forward to taking this weekend off and going to the antique stores with the wife and her mother.... for the record, I do not buy anything when we go to the antique stores, I am not that type of flipper. I just go to see old stuff.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
I'm on the cusp. Using my prior experience to put me over the edge. Worked too damn hard for too damn long - but I have a lot to work with because of my past.

If, for some reason, this does not work out according to plan - would you consider adopting me? I can clean the pool...
Lol hey pool cleaning is like $80 a month here and I can pitch a tent in the yard lol

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I like the momentum of knowing I'm on a streak of progress. Vacations tend to break the momentum which is ultra scary to me. My mind likes to do whatever it's been doing. Mental inertia is real.

I like what I do a lot so vacations mean something different than they used to. It's important to take mental breaks to have time to recharge and reflect, so sometimes I do it, but the whole work life balance charade is a thing of the past. My work is my life and my life is awesome so there's nothing to balance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.