The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anybody use (legal) mushrooms?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm not talking about the illegal stuff (psilocybin) but the stuff you can buy in the stores...

Reishi, Lions Mane, Cordyceps...

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=mushroom+powder&ref=nb_sb_noss_1&tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I've been taking a mix of the mushrooms daily and I can honestly say I feel a bit of a difference in terms of focus. Also, I had some age spots on my skin that literally fell off and disappeared, leaving new flawless skin.

Anyone also use mushrooms and have an experience to report? Of course, I'm not sure if the above is due to the mushrooms as the "evidence" is purely empirical and speculative.

Of course, if you have anything you want to say about psilocybin here, feel free to comment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
I eat quite a lot of different mushrooms I find in the woods. I used to grow shiitake myself and currently grow oyster mushrooms on coffee grounds. I'm experimenting with different strains and get spores from wholesalers.

Generally, they are a great source of protein, although they are hard to digest. The vast variety of tastes makes an interesting hobby.

As mentioned in another thread, I use psilocybin mushrooms for mental health. Canada seems to be legalizing them for this purpose soon. The effects are similar to LSD (which I'm able to procure legally), but a lot of people mention that mushrooms have a higher body load. While those mushrooms grow everywhere around this season, you'd have to eat them right from the soil to not break any law (not that I care, because laws against drugs are stupid. I'm not saying drugs are great, I'm just saying the legislation is not very smart).

I can honestly say that they cured my depression. I noticed this effect the first time I took mushrooms (about 8 years back). For about two weeks after tripping, I just felt...easy. It was like the garbage collection went through my inner inventory and cleaned up. When all common medication failed, I took an uncommon approach. And I tripped every two weeks. Now, it is every few months.

There's a lot of research on this to be found at www.maps.org

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Yes, I can report similar. Not really aggressive, but cantankerously witty -- so much so that it could be perceived as antagonistic instead of good natured humor.
So for my wife's sake, I shouldn't even try this LOL.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Yup. Big fan of them

I take Reishi almost everyday. Before bed time and when I feel really stressed. Works wonder with hot chocolate.

Lion's mane give me an ichy sensation on the scalp if I take too much. It helps with focus and makes me dreams a whole lot more vivid. It is nuts.

Aside from this I have a super mix of 8 different ones: reishi, shitake, agaricus, trametes, maitake, cordyceps, tremella and lions mane.

Chaga is one I want try, but never really did.

I do think they make a difference. I am sharper, rest better, sleep better, recuperate better when I take them constantly.

Am lucky to have a good friend of mine a lot into those things. She made me try a whole bunch of stuff like diatomaceous earth, spiriluna.

There is lot to gain in that area. A shame that it is not that popular.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sharper, maybe more aggressive.

Yes, I can report similar. Not really aggressive, but cantankerously witty -- so much so that it could be perceived as antagonistic instead of good natured humor.

I hope that link was an affiliate link. I didn't know this product existed. I am interested in trying some if it helps with focus.

Any links to Amazon posted to the forum automatically convert to affiliate links, so yes, it probably was an aff link (assuming the function is working).

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
I feel a bit of a difference in terms of focus. Also, I had some age spots on my skin that literally fell off and disappeared, leaving new flawless skin.

That's awesome!

Haven't used enough in the past to really attribute any findings to mushrooms.

I'll try a set standard of them and make notes of findings to add here later!

The geeky side of it, studies point to antioxidant and anti-inflammatory abilities... even more of a heavy hitter is finding ergothineine, an amino acid that our body doesn't naturally make is really high in mushrooms and can enter mitochondria (power house of cells) and give protection.

One note is it's likely best to boil, microwave for 30 sec, freeze, or cook raw mushrooms to reduce the levels of a toxin called Agaritine. Drying hasn't been shown to reduce the toxin levels.

Citing and more info in book "How Not to Die" or wikipedia.

Peal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 4, 2020
Western U.S.
I have been for a little more than two years now. I take Lion's Mane and Reishi in powder form, and try to eat Shitake or White mushrooms a few times a week. I think I've only been sick once and recovered quickly. Hard to say with any kind of certainty that it's because of the mushrooms, but I believe they help. And I guess by believing they help, that probably helps too. Have also noticed sharper mental clarity.

My Grandpa is in the early stages of Dementia, and I recommended he take Lion's Mane. He's been on it for about 6 months now and his mental state seems like it has at least stayed the same. He isn't taking any other supplements or medications.

Rogan's first interview with Paul Stamets turned me onto them. Mycelium and mushrooms are extremely fascinating. If you haven't listened to this yet, you won't regret it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqWstVnRjQ

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here is the Stamets interview with Rogan that was posted above, quite fascinating, especially about the parts when he receives a premonition, his mother's cancer, his fixed stuttering problem ... lots to process in 2+ hours.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqWstVnRjQ

Are you guys using capsules of mushroom powder, or eating mushrooms with your meals during the week?

I make my own Miso soup for lunch everyday...

I add mushrooms, soy sauce, green onions, and tofu ... then I add this miso mix...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084KWBBHD/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

And then with my hydration routine, I mix in some Host Defense products (Stamet's company) -- I sip that all day.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
Lion’s Mane makes me... different. Sharper, maybe more aggressive.

I like cordyceps before exercise better than creatine.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I love lion's mane. I started eating them years ago when I found out they increase neurotropic growth factors. Gotta stay ahead of entropy ;) There's a lion's mane extract powder by "Real Mushrooms" that I buy from Amazon... makes a good soup base, or hot broth when I decide I'm tired of coffee.

I also buy the dried lion's mane, wood ear, and a few other mushrooms at the Asian grocery stores. Lots of variety there. Some have biological effects if eaten enough, like increasing platelet production or improving insulin sensitivity. Most are delicious.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
For me they just taste good in soup. Even the concentrated extracts. I never thought to even look for an immediate effect.

I'm almost jealous. I feel like I could eat some mushrooms, enter a prize fight, and easy money :hilarious:

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
I was also having their coffee which contained Lion's Mane, but I read recently that it reduces sex drive, and with 2 kids impacting that area of my life I don't need any other impediments so I've stopped, does anyone else here know if thats true or have a stumbled upon some fake news?

I've been taking Lion's mane for almost a week since reading this thread and my sex drive has been noticeably higher, actually.

Also had similar effects others mentioned in this thread and have been sleeping better. I don't dream often usually, but have been having more dreams which is nice!

Not totally sure of the effects on my memory yet, I feel like a goldfish sometimes.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
This is what I take...
One scoop of consciousness powder and 3 pills of the mushrooms.

If I take the powder alone, I'll turn contemplative/dreamy. Like my brain has some extra horsepower, but it's in idle. You can feel the power, but don't have a gearstick to engage it. Add the mushrooms and you go into hyperdrive.

First time I used it, my brother came to me and asked, "are you on drugs?" (Note: I've never done any kind of drugs in my life, other than alcohol)

Had to come back to this thread today after someone asked me if I was on drugs for the first time after taking lion's mane and I remembered your comment, @Lyinx :rofl:

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I take a lot of supplements and usually I limit it to things that the e amine website has vetted but in the case of mushrooms im in (mix of...I think 9 of them)

1.) The ones they sell as supplements have a vast history of culinary use so no long term surprise negative health implications from regular use are to be expected.

2.) The studies might be small , havent been repeated whatever (not rigorous I guess is rhe headline but stuff like this? Yeh im in

The benefits far outweigh the risks.

One thing I've found bothersome and this goes for lots of supplements is that the people selling them dont bother to titrate the dose according to the science.

For the mushrooms I mix it with juice and other powder supplements and chug it becaude its nasty but to get the rario right you kind of have to take the time to buy each type and make your own mushroom mix. Tedious. Also lazy on the part of the seller.

MπR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 30, 2019
Germany
Interesting. I would like to try but where to purchase? As we age our focus does decline. I tried several products, some just makes me feel like I drank too much coffee! I predict the psilocybin version will become the next MMJ revolution.

You can check out the shop of Paul Stamets company Fungi Perfecti

Fungi Perfecti

Also has an interesting blog.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Side note to this... that Lion's Mane extract fluoresces vivid yellow under 265 nm UV light. I set up a "fluorescent things shelf" in my office and that was one of the pleasant surprises from the many things I've experimented with so far.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Okaaaay...

I tried Lion's Mane for the first time today. I have no reason to be aggressive whatsoever, but all I want to do is punch someone in the face.

I haven't had this base level of aggression since my early 20s.

Seems like it's really not for me.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
I doooo have a history of repeatedly taking things which aren't good for me. So I gave Lion's Mane another try. BUT: Right before bedtime. I combined it with Citicholine and Uridine. Now, the funniest things are happening, but I can't put my finger on which substance to attribute them to:

- I'm having very vivid dreams

- I can spend a lot of time in a weird state of sleeping, dreaming and being awake at the same time. It's not like lucid dreaming. It's more like being fully consciously awake and being able to differentiate that another part of me is dreaming (non-lucidly) right now - and I'm processing both at the same time. I can also process that my nerves and body are currently in sleep shutdown, but I can, for example, exactly hear what is going on around me.

- I've somehow developed strange super-memory. I was walking through the supermarket with my woman. I had only been there once before. We were looking for Jalapenos. And I remembered exactly where to find them. I had never bought Jalapenos there before.

- Memories from childhood and adolescence are returning very clearly.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you have any experience with Microdosing?

I know several folks here, but for obvious reasons cannot speak for them, nor do I know they want such info posted on the interwebs.

I have a very fractured sleep and was wondering if any of the legal mushrooms can help with improving sleep quality or reduce anxiety?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087KVHDFF/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I tried this stuff (linked above) for sleep and it gave me some really vivid dreams. Don't remember it having an "calm" or "relaxation" effect. I will give it several more tries before making the full judgment.

lwg8tr0514

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Sep 2, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this in a pre-packaged formula? He sells the STAMETS formula which I'm not sure is what you are talking about.
No his "stack" is a protocol of mushrooms(some well not legal right now in some states) and Niacin. His product is not really his "stack" he talks about if that makes sense. I can tell you the psilocybin shrooms I take in his protocol have measurably increased my creativity and brainpower. Psychedelics have been the thing I needed to get me off SSRIs and other pharmaceuticals which were wreaking havoc on my libido, sexual performance, sleep, motivation, and clarity of thought. Just what I needed to break my stinking thinking after my divorce and series of failed romantic relationships. Sometimes it is the somatic that can affect your thinking.

BarKogan$

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 29, 2020
I'm not talking about the illegal stuff (psilocybin) but the stuff you can buy in the stores...

Amazon.com : mushroom powder

I've been taking a mix of the mushrooms daily and I can honestly say I feel a bit of a difference in terms of focus. Also, I had some age spots on my skin that literally fell off and disappeared, leaving new flawless skin.

Anyone also use mushrooms and have an experience to report? Of course, I'm not sure if the above is due to the mushrooms as the "evidence" is purely empirical and speculative.

Of course, if you have anything you want to say about psilocybin here, feel free to comment.
I only like the MAGIC ones ;)

Felix Nachem

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 5, 2022
Switzerland
Hello MJ!

Did my own Lions Mane double extract and gave it for free to friends and family. One of my friends gave it to his mother because alzheimer is in their family.

And like a wonder she can remember things better! I like that stuff altough it tastes not so good(mix it with coffe).

I recommend everybody to cultivate your own lions mane mushrooms(I used the bucket tek) at home because its fricking easy!

Pouchon19

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 24, 2020
Florida

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=mushroom+powder&ref=nb_sb_noss_1&tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I hope that link was an affiliate link. I didn't know this product existed. I am interested in trying some if it helps with focus.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
So for my wife's sake, I shouldn't even try this LOL.
You'd probably be fine with it by itself as an experiment. I noticed a stronger effect the longer I took it and when combined with caffeine.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Any links to Amazon posted to the forum automatically convert to affiliate links, so yes, it probably was an aff link (assuming the function is working).
Hell of an Entrepreneur, I study CS and AI and didn't even see it coming:moneybag:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

blueyedgibson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 19, 2019
California

Amazon.com : mushroom powder

I just received my order of MUD\WTR. It contains Lion's Mane, Cordyceps, Chaga, Reishi, Cacao, Masala Chai and Turmeric. I'll let you know how it tastes and any effects that I notice

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
This is what I take...
One scoop of consciousness powder and 3 pills of the mushrooms.

If I take the powder alone, I'll turn contemplative/dreamy. Like my brain has some extra horsepower, but it's in idle. You can feel the power, but don't have a gearstick to engage it. Add the mushrooms and you go into hyperdrive.

First time I used it, my brother came to me and asked, "are you on drugs?" (Note: I've never done any kind of drugs in my life, other than alcohol)

Attachments

• 15992634324592116006981680181079.jpg
    15992634324592116006981680181079.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 19

blueyedgibson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 19, 2019
California
I just received my order of MUD\WTR. It contains Lion's Mane, Cordyceps, Chaga, Reishi, Cacao, Masala Chai and Turmeric. I'll let you know how it tastes and any effects that I notice

Ok, so I was pleasantly surprised with the flavor of this drink after reading all of the reviews. It tastes like a chai hot chocolate (I added a little honey as a sweetener). It definitely gave me more energy and focus than any coffee or tea, and I didn't have a jittery high or crash afterwards. I would recommend trying this powder to see if it works for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.