The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anybody use (legal) mushrooms?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Translation?

Put the extract under a blacklight or a "resin curing light." 265 nanometers is a color of light in the low-energy part of the UV spectrum, commonly used for seeing things "in a new light." They sell flashlights, plug-in lights, etc. They're the same ones people use to find scorpions, counterfeit bills, bed bugs, pet pee, and evidence that someone had a grand time in the hotel room before them.

Here's a powerful one, usable without dimming the room lights much: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BC8L581/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

The extract will glow yellow under that light. Many things will appear dark, lit only by the regular light in the room. For comparison, B vitamins will glow orange (especially Riboflavin), tonic water will glow blue, frankincense resin will glow green, and tree resins will often glow a combination of purple and green.

Here's the extract:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DKZZFCE/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Other than the color observation, there's not much information, just an observation. Although I suppose it could be a cheap way to verify the extract, since most foods do not glow yellow under a blacklight.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The problem with these is that nobody has the same dosage. Even among the same company the powder form says 1g per serving, but if you buy their capsules they say 1.5g per serving.

I see some powders saying 2g lions mane and some capsules only have 166mg.

MJ, are you experimenting in dosage at all? If you purchase each mushroom powder separately you’d be consuming a lot more than a combined 6 mushroom formula.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

blueyedgibson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 19, 2019
California
I'm not talking about the illegal stuff (psilocybin) but the stuff you can buy in the stores...

Reishi, Lions Mane, Cordyceps...

Amazon.com : mushroom powder

I've been taking a mix of the mushrooms daily and I can honestly say I feel a bit of a difference in terms of focus. Also, I had some age spots on my skin that literally fell off and disappeared, leaving new flawless skin.

Anyone also use mushrooms and have an experience to report? Of course, I'm not sure if the above is due to the mushrooms as the "evidence" is purely empirical and speculative.

Of course, if you have anything you want to say about psilocybin here, feel free to comment.
I just received my order of MUD\WTR. It contains Lion's Mane, Cordyceps, Chaga, Reishi, Cacao, Masala Chai and Turmeric. I'll let you know how it tastes and any effects that I notice

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Okaaaay...

I tried Lion's Mane for the first time today. I have no reason to be aggressive whatsoever, but all I want to do is punch someone in the face.

I haven't had this base level of aggression since my early 20s.

Seems like it's really not for me.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Okaaaay...

I tried Lion's Mane for the first time today. I have no reason to be aggressive whatsoever, but all I want to do is punch someone in the face.

Yes, it seems like some people report that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
This is what I take...
One scoop of consciousness powder and 3 pills of the mushrooms.

If I take the powder alone, I'll turn contemplative/dreamy. Like my brain has some extra horsepower, but it's in idle. You can feel the power, but don't have a gearstick to engage it. Add the mushrooms and you go into hyperdrive.

First time I used it, my brother came to me and asked, "are you on drugs?" (Note: I've never done any kind of drugs in my life, other than alcohol)

Attachments

• 15992634324592116006981680181079.jpg
    15992634324592116006981680181079.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 19

traction2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 2, 2020
Okaaaay...

Perhaps it spikes your testosterone?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
For me they just taste good in soup. Even the concentrated extracts. I never thought to even look for an immediate effect.

I'm almost jealous. I feel like I could eat some mushrooms, enter a prize fight, and easy money :hilarious:

blueyedgibson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 19, 2019
California
I just received my order of MUD\WTR. It contains Lion's Mane, Cordyceps, Chaga, Reishi, Cacao, Masala Chai and Turmeric. I'll let you know how it tastes and any effects that I notice

Ok, so I was pleasantly surprised with the flavor of this drink after reading all of the reviews. It tastes like a chai hot chocolate (I added a little honey as a sweetener). It definitely gave me more energy and focus than any coffee or tea, and I didn't have a jittery high or crash afterwards. I would recommend trying this powder to see if it works for you.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
I doooo have a history of repeatedly taking things which aren't good for me. So I gave Lion's Mane another try. BUT: Right before bedtime. I combined it with Citicholine and Uridine. Now, the funniest things are happening, but I can't put my finger on which substance to attribute them to:

- I'm having very vivid dreams

- I can spend a lot of time in a weird state of sleeping, dreaming and being awake at the same time. It's not like lucid dreaming. It's more like being fully consciously awake and being able to differentiate that another part of me is dreaming (non-lucidly) right now - and I'm processing both at the same time. I can also process that my nerves and body are currently in sleep shutdown, but I can, for example, exactly hear what is going on around me.

- I've somehow developed strange super-memory. I was walking through the supermarket with my woman. I had only been there once before. We were looking for Jalapenos. And I remembered exactly where to find them. I had never bought Jalapenos there before.

- Memories from childhood and adolescence are returning very clearly.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I doooo have a history of repeatedly taking things which aren't good for me. So I gave Lion's Mane another try. BUT: Right before bedtime. I combined it with Citicholine and Uridine. Now, the funniest things are happening, but I can't put my finger on which substance to attribute them to:

- I'm having very vivid dreams

- I can spend a lot of time in a weird state of sleeping, dreaming and being awake at the same time. It's not like lucid dreaming. It's more like being fully consciously awake and being able to differentiate that another part of me is dreaming (non-lucidly) right now - and I'm processing both at the same time. I can also process that my nerves and body are currently in sleep shutdown, but I can, for example, exactly hear what is going on around me.

- I've somehow developed strange super-memory. I was walking through the supermarket with my woman. I had only been there once before. We were looking for Jalapenos. And I remembered exactly where to find them. I had never bought Jalapenos there before.

- Memories from childhood and adolescence are returning very clearly.

CDP Choline on its own can do that. The effect may be even greater when mixed with say L-Theanine , a number of nootropics (such as racetams, but maybe Lion's Mane too?), and/or certain mild stimulant-like plants (mugwort for example). Choline is an important support nutrient in the brain... acetylcholine is an important neurotransmitter after all, and influences mood, wakefulness, learning, memory, and motivation to varying degrees.

When you tried Lion's Mane the first time, was it with citicholine? I wonder if that makes a difference on the mood effects.

Brian_Mac

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Apr 11, 2014
NY
Lion's mane - I take off and on. When i do take it I have crazy vivid flashback memories from my childhood and teen years.

Also, but not a mushroom I take Shilajit. When i have low energy. I don't drink caffeine.

I find my own Chaga and drink it almost like coffee with hot water. I haven't tried an alcohol extract yet. Have also tried the Four Sigmatic Mushroom blend. I dont have any noticable effects from this. Mostly take it for health benefits.

Fairly certain i picked up an old Reishi when I went mushroom hunting a week ago, but looked so old i haven't used it.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
When you tried Lion's Mane the first time, was it with citicholine? I wonder if that makes a difference on the mood effects.

Yes. I should try them separately. Doesn't make much sense to take uridine without CDP choline. Haven't combined it with L-Theanin, yet. Still got that lying around.

Kaizen502

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 5, 2018
Germany
As mentioned in another thread, I use psilocybin mushrooms for mental health. Canada seems to be legalizing them for this purpose soon. The effects are similar to LSD (which I'm able to procure legally), but a lot of people mention that mushrooms have a higher body load.

I can honestly say that they cured my depression. I noticed this effect the first time I took mushrooms (about 8 years back). For about two weeks after tripping, I just felt...easy. It was like the garbage collection went through my inner inventory and cleaned up. When all common medication failed, I took an uncommon approach. And I tripped every two weeks. Now, it is every few months.

There's a lot of research on this to be found at www.maps.org

I have been researching a lot on psychedelic drugs for therapeutic use to work on my childhood trauma that I believe to be a big source of my personal issues. After stumbling across Ayahuasca, LSD and Magic Mushrooms and the promising effects on treating mental illness I went down the rabbit hole and consumed a lot of documentaries, read James Fadiman, and bought the recommended Microdosing course of Third Wave.

Do you have any experience with Microdosing?

I have a very fractured sleep and was wondering if any of the legal mushrooms can help with improving sleep quality or reduce anxiety?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I know several folks here, but for obvious reasons cannot speak for them, nor do I know they want such info posted on the interwebs.

I have a very fractured sleep and was wondering if any of the legal mushrooms can help with improving sleep quality or reduce anxiety?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087KVHDFF/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I tried this stuff (linked above) for sleep and it gave me some really vivid dreams. Don't remember it having an "calm" or "relaxation" effect. I will give it several more tries before making the full judgment.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

I've been using this one for a few weeks;

And have been having better quality sleep, thanks for everyone in this thread for discussing this topic, I was also having their coffee which contained Lion's Mane, but I read recently that it reduces sex drive, and with 2 kids impacting that area of my life I don't need any other impediments so I've stopped, does anyone else here know if thats true or have a stumbled upon some fake news?

I didn't get the aggressive or agitated feeling others have mentioned, I can be a bit antagonistic anyway so maybe the dose wasn't enough to make me any worse :blush:

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
I was also having their coffee which contained Lion's Mane, but I read recently that it reduces sex drive, and with 2 kids impacting that area of my life I don't need any other impediments so I've stopped, does anyone else here know if thats true or have a stumbled upon some fake news?

I've been taking Lion's mane for almost a week since reading this thread and my sex drive has been noticeably higher, actually.

Also had similar effects others mentioned in this thread and have been sleeping better. I don't dream often usually, but have been having more dreams which is nice!

Not totally sure of the effects on my memory yet, I feel like a goldfish sometimes.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Paul Stamets stack for 1.5 years.

Is this in a pre-packaged formula? He sells the STAMETS formula which I'm not sure is what you are talking about.

lwg8tr0514

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Sep 2, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this in a pre-packaged formula? He sells the STAMETS formula which I'm not sure is what you are talking about.
No his "stack" is a protocol of mushrooms(some well not legal right now in some states) and Niacin. His product is not really his "stack" he talks about if that makes sense. I can tell you the psilocybin shrooms I take in his protocol have measurably increased my creativity and brainpower. Psychedelics have been the thing I needed to get me off SSRIs and other pharmaceuticals which were wreaking havoc on my libido, sexual performance, sleep, motivation, and clarity of thought. Just what I needed to break my stinking thinking after my divorce and series of failed romantic relationships. Sometimes it is the somatic that can affect your thinking.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany

I can only share my perspective on microdosing, and I know that it is not a popular one. I think it's absolute and utter nonsense. I have several reasons for this.

1. The whole fad resembles other fads in "health foods" and supplements, and it's marketed in much the same way (if you think there's no industry behind it - think again).

2. Taking psychedelic drugs below the psychedelic threshold kinda defeats the purpose.

3. Yes, there are neurologic effects below the psychedelic threshold. From my own experiences, I can only say that they annoy the hell out of me. You either go full in, or you leave the Acid on the table, or your day is ruined. I'm not saying that only heroic doses (as we call them in the psychonaut community) work, 100-400 micrograms are okay (although everything above 200 micrograms is already considered heroic). I personally never went higher than 400 micrograms. 400 micrograms is tooooo exhausting for me, 300 micrograms is my personal optimum when it comes to the balance of WHOA YES and THAT'S TOO MUCH. But I think the cure (of depression, especially) does not only take place on the physiological level, but it's about the certainty with which you suddenly know that your perspective on things is...more than flexible.

4. The necessary shift in thought and mindset for long-term recovery is caused by the psychedelic experience, not the substance in itself.

5. From what I read on the internet, microdosing is absolutely not helpful in a lot of cases, but worsens the symptoms. It's a sad story that always repeats itself when a new substance with psychiatric appliances is found (or rediscovered): They try to throw it at everything and see if it sticks. People who have problems with anxiety rarely profit from psilocybin or LSD microdosing (I'm not talking about full-blown trips), it just heightens their general irritability.

Concerning your other questions:

Microdosing will NOT improve your sleep. Try lavender, passion flower or something else. LSD makes it hard to fall asleep. Mushrooms will make you sleepy, but your sleep quality will most likely be impaired.

...and a word about safer use: Test your stuff, and always have a trip stopper at hand. Diazepam or other diazepines work. Do never, ever use neuroleptics for that.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
This is what I take...
One scoop of consciousness powder and 3 pills of the mushrooms.

If I take the powder alone, I'll turn contemplative/dreamy. Like my brain has some extra horsepower, but it's in idle. You can feel the power, but don't have a gearstick to engage it. Add the mushrooms and you go into hyperdrive.

First time I used it, my brother came to me and asked, "are you on drugs?" (Note: I've never done any kind of drugs in my life, other than alcohol)

Had to come back to this thread today after someone asked me if I was on drugs for the first time after taking lion's mane and I remembered your comment, @Lyinx :rofl:

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Had to come back to this thread today after someone asked me if I was on drugs for the first time after taking lion's mane and I remembered your comment, @Lyinx :rofl:
How was the experience? Did you get a lot done?

BarKogan$

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 29, 2020
I'm not talking about the illegal stuff (psilocybin) but the stuff you can buy in the stores...

Reishi, Lions Mane, Cordyceps...

Amazon.com : mushroom powder

I've been taking a mix of the mushrooms daily and I can honestly say I feel a bit of a difference in terms of focus. Also, I had some age spots on my skin that literally fell off and disappeared, leaving new flawless skin.

Anyone also use mushrooms and have an experience to report? Of course, I'm not sure if the above is due to the mushrooms as the "evidence" is purely empirical and speculative.

Of course, if you have anything you want to say about psilocybin here, feel free to comment.
I only like the MAGIC ones ;)

Kaizen502

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 5, 2018
Germany
Thank you @LordGanon for your honest opinion on microdosing. I have ordered passion flower to try in the meantime. I will further research the topic regarding psychedelics.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
Just ordered some lion's mane powder and remembered reading this thread a few months ago. Looking forward to trying it. I'll probably try Reishi and Cordyceps later on as well.

I ended up ordering the Real Mushroom brand. I did some research into different companies after hearing Staments on the rogan podcast. I was disappointed to learn that Host Defense products had misleading labels and contain only a small percentage of what they claim. I guess a lot of brands have very little actual fruiting body and a lot of filler starch / biomass.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=379&v=3B9Rqr_3EcY&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=StevenRayWarren

After going back to the video I noticed there are affiliate links in the description, so not sure how impartial this guy is. There are links to the studies that show measured β-Glucan & grain amounts though, so I don't think it's made up.

There is also a discussion about this topic here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/94u05v View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/94u05v/paul_stamets_host_defence_on_the_use_of_mycelium/

...with a link to this article: Benefits of Mycelium

Seems like it might not be as straightforward as I initially thought.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.