The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any recommended Amazon / Ebay courses?

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
Hi guys,

Long time no hear but I was focusing 100% on my business in the last 12 months. It's going really well and I will probably share my lessons soon.

Anyway, could you recommend good courses on how to start selling on Amazon and Ebay?

Please note that I'm NOT asking about good products to import/sell. I'm interested in learning a framework/methodology on how to sell, what to pay attention to etc.

I have a few clients with established businesses who want to expand their business on Amazon and Ebay. I don't know anything about it but would like to be able to help them start with that. So I need to learn first.

I did some research but courses like Amazon FBA Ninja by Kevin David don't convince me. The sales page looks really cheesy and I just can't trust it. I think I'll start with the official FAQ's: Amazon.com: Selling on Amazon - FAQs but what's next?

Please share your experience.

Thanks a lot!
StayPositive

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Hi guys,

Long time no hear but I was focusing 100% on my business in the last 12 months. It's going really well and I will probably share my lessons soon.

Anyway, could you recommend good courses on how to start selling on Amazon and Ebay?

Please note that I'm NOT asking about good products to import/sell. I'm interested in learning a framework/methodology on how to sell, what to pay attention to etc.

I have a few clients with established businesses who want to expand their business on Amazon and Ebay. I don't know anything about it but would like to be able to help them start with that. So I need to learn first.

I did some research but courses like Amazon FBA Ninja by Kevin David don't convince me. The sales page looks really cheesy and I just can't trust it. I think I'll start with the official FAQ's: Amazon.com: Selling on Amazon - FAQs but what's next?

Thanks a lot!
StayPositive

please do not waste time or money; if @biophase was doing his mentorship I would suggest that but he may or may not do so in 2018... there is plenty of information on this forum regarding this matter; all of @biophase threads and inputs should be taken to heart; @Walter Hay book should help you out tremendously It is a good investment If you really want to invest some more then talk to Walter about Jim Cockrum PPI (performance product inventory)

every tom dick and harry and sally has a course and it is just not worth it.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
every tom dick and harry and sally has a course and it is just not worth it.

I've been through some of them as well - they don't teach ANYTHING you can't find for free elsewhere.

All the major "tips, tricks, and secrets" are super, super common knowledge.

It used to be that even knowing how keywords worked was a "secret" - now a quick google search reveals in depth testing of that in multiple ways on many different amazon blogs.

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
Haha, good one. I even have a link to this course :)

Amazon22

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 9, 2017
Australia
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot!
StayPositive

hey, we did the ASM course, best 4k we ever spent...on our way to 8 figures

ScottRams

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot!
StayPositive

Matt Clark does a great job on his site, amazing.com. He shares his screen and shows every step of the process for setting up an Amazon business. He also shows his profits and losses for different products and he seems to have much more credibility than many of the BS courses out there. It's like $40 a month to join. Also, tons of great info on this forum as others have mentioned.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
hey, we did the ASM course, best 4k we ever spent...on our way to 8 figures
Do your research on product sourcing. What they teach is sketchy and at least partly obsolete. This is a problem with most Amazon courses I have seen.

For 1/10th of the price I can refer you to a complete Amazon course that includes my sourcing and importing book so you not only learn Amazon, but safe sourcing as well.

Walter

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Nothing truly entrepreneurial is started with a course on how it’s done. That completly misses the point.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Matt Clark does a great job on his site, amazing.com. He shares his screen and shows every step of the process for setting up an Amazon business. He also shows his profits and losses for different products and he seems to have much more credibility than many of the BS courses out there. It's like $40 a month to join. Also, tons of great info on this forum as others have mentioned.
Matt Clark's China sourcing expert is Mark Houng. His main claim to fame is that he has done sourcing for many Fortune 500 companies. Well, if you are in the Fortune 500 league that might be of value to you, but I have found that the big time experts who boast of sourcing for big organizations don't live in the same world as most of us mortals.

His 19 point checklist might be useful for huge organizations, but if small to medium businesses sent his checklist form to suppliers for completion, they would swiftly get the Bum's Rush, because that approach would be seen as offensive by most Chinese business people.

He also makes some basic errors in listing the seven "best" B2B sourcing sites. The most notable is that he equates made-in-china.com with Aliexpress! They are not even remotely similar. Made-in-china.com is a B2B site similar to Alibaba and GlobalSources, whereas Aliexpress is a retail offshoot to Alibaba.

One of the sites he lists is Chinese language only, and another is extremely difficult to use unless you really know what you are doing. He even lists Google as one of the best sourcing sites. Good luck to any who follow his advice.

If you don't get your sourcing right you are taking huge risks.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.