The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another Teen Millionaire

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Lots of homework today. Thanks Kurt, Jay.

Forbes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 3, 2010
very motivational. kids have an edge versus adults because they are more open-minded and not afraid of failure. they do not follow conventional wisdom.

Rocky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 27, 2010
FL
For the 10 year old making 5 k a month that is very good. The kid gets paid only if someone clicks on the advertisements and buys. I just don't get how he gets people to go to his website?

Briefcase87

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 6, 2010
Coalfield, TN
The internet really is where the money is at these days.. If you can come up with some starting cash, and teach yourself what and how to do it.. You got some pretty good chances, even though there are millions others out there doing the same.. But if they can do it, you can too! I need to teach myself some of this, and just try and jump on the gravy wagon.. Lol.. :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

littlekingaz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 26, 2009
Tempe, AZ
The internet really is where the money is at these days.. If you can come up with some starting cash, and teach yourself what and how to do it.. You got some pretty good chances, even though there are millions others out there doing the same.. But if they can do it, you can too! I need to teach myself some of this, and just try and jump on the gravy wagon.. Lol.. :p

You know what I noticed though? I noticed that while there are a lot of competitors on the internet, a lot of them simply just do not have what it takes to make it. You have no idea how many people I meet these days that want to do the whole internet business thing, but have no true dedication into achieving their "goals".

I would wager my last thousand that 90 percent of those websites are just parked in cyber space, with an unmotivated and lazy owner. From what I have seen and read, it's all about who is willing to outwork the other. Who is willing to give up their weekends and social time, and whatever other vices they have to do what they set out to do. Unfortunately, the vices usually win. It's all about being a 1%er.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
You are never in the wrong business as long as you can control it. If it wouldn't be making you money, then it wouldn't be called a business.

I respectfully disagree with this statement.

Examples of a "wrong business" could include working as a handyman, a massage therapist, selling sunglasses at a kiosk in the mall; pretty much anything that is viewed as a commodity (price-based) and not easily scalable / franchisable.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DKMoney

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 31, 2011
I respectfully disagree with this statement.

Examples of a "wrong business" could include working as a handyman, a massage therapist, selling sunglasses at a kiosk in the mall; pretty much anything that is viewed as a commodity (price-based) and not easily scalable / franchisable.

If you are selling sunglasses you could extend the business by setting up some stores or even if you are a massage therapist you can extend the business. Every business is extendable

Robert Francis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jan 27, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
This kid is using tons of Fastlane principles.

He has a very clear goal…

He has vowed that he will not stop building the business he established only a year ago until it is worth £100million.

He didn’t assume his age was a factor…

He then launched advertising pay-per-click company ‘Branchr’ a year later and worked on the business after school and at weekends.

Branchr was a smash hit with internet sites; made a staggering £500,000 in its first year; and now counts betting site William Hill as a client.

That is despite the fact that Christian is too young to place a bet there.

He’s taking a Fastlane approach to his finances…

Christian invests the majority of his earnings back into his two businesses.

He’s mostly about implementation over magical thinking…

There is no magical formula to business – it takes hard work, determination and the drive to do something great.

‘My aim is to become a leading name in the world of internet and mobile advertising and push myself right to the top of the game.

‘I don’t know where I will be in ten years’ time but I won’t leave Branchr until it has reached £100million,’ he added.

He knew that his “business education†was best self-taught…

Christian, who has used a computer since the age of seven, began teaching himself basic web design aged ten when he was given his first Mac computer.

He understands scale…

Branchr works as a platform for website owners to sell advertising, and business owners to buy it.

The company now sells more than 250million adverts to 11,000 websites every month and has acquired a second company, Atomplan, which provides business software.

Amazing story.

I’m an “old guy,†but I love these stories because they reveal the Slowlane lies so clearly. It’s not about age or formal education or back round…it’s simply about getting off your a$$ and implementing.

alankong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 21, 2011
New Jersey
You know what I noticed though? I noticed that while there are a lot of competitors on the internet, a lot of them simply just do not have what it takes to make it. You have no idea how many people I meet these days that want to do the whole internet business thing, but have no true dedication into achieving their "goals".

I would wager my last thousand that 90 percent of those websites are just parked in cyber space, with an unmotivated and lazy owner. From what I have seen and read, it's all about who is willing to outwork the other. Who is willing to give up their weekends and social time, and whatever other vices they have to do what they set out to do. Unfortunately, the vices usually win. It's all about being a 1%er.

Totally agree with what you said. EVERYBODY wants to be an internet marketer. EVERYBODY wants to make a ton of cash being an affiliate. The people who make it out are the ones who hustle and hustle and make it happen while making sacrifices in their life to get to where they need to be. It's especially not easy for a young adult to give up a social life or an individual with a family to not spend time with his/her family, but the sacrifice will be very well worth it when the reward comes. FREEDOM

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.