The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

And here's Josh.

jwharton333

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 23, 2022
Hey everyone.

My name is Josh. I've been busting my a$$ in a number of areas for most of my life, looking for a way out of this shit, and that time is now.

My first official job was milking cows at a dairy at age 11. Yes, it's legal in agriculture. I even have my W2 from that year. Somewhere around $50 for months of shoveling manure and smelling terrible. Just enough to buy one Nintendo game, and it was terrible.

I went on to work at a local gun range, then fast food,then got into IT while still in high school. That translated into enough experience to get a work-study job at college taking care of the financial aid office and creating my first web application in the late 90s to track scholarship submissions.

I've been in IT and software development ever since. Government, big corporations, small corporations, and startups. Mostly self-taught, with plenty of screwing up along the way, but always recoverable stuff. Promoted into management 5 years ago, then into senior management.

I have a good work ethic, positive outlook, and am pretty good at a lot of things, so when I got fired for the first time, as the head of engineering at a startup, it took me by surprise. I did everything right, and still got fired. No coaching or concerns, just fired. The rest of my team was let go shortly after.

Took this opportunity to enjoy my nest egg and spend some time with the wife and family, but I fail terribly when it comes to taking it easy. I just love building things.

To that end, I've started a couple of companies. Stoa Logistics, a company building a better Order Management System, and Pine Creek, a custom development shop focusing on building startups' visions. You can think of it as having a plot of land that you're building on, and having a construction company as well.

I was introduced to this forum and books by a random recommendation for The Millionaire Fast Lane on Audible while I was at the gym. Had a free credit, so I figured, "What the hell? Why not?" Turned out to be a great book, and I'm now working my way through Unscripted .

Looking forward to meeting all of you. I love the entrepreneurial mindset and hope to meet other like-minded people.

- Josh
:bicep:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
687%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
Hey everyone.

My name is Josh. I've been busting my a$$ in a number of areas for most of my life, looking for a way out of this shit, and that time is now.

My first official job was milking cows at a dairy at age 11. Yes, it's legal in agriculture. I even have my W2 from that year. Somewhere around $50 for months of shoveling manure and smelling terrible. Just enough to buy one Nintendo game, and it was terrible.

I went on to work at a local gun range, then fast food,then got into IT while still in high school. That translated into enough experience to get a work-study job at college taking care of the financial aid office and creating my first web application in the late 90s to track scholarship submissions.

I've been in IT and software development ever since. Government, big corporations, small corporations, and startups. Mostly self-taught, with plenty of screwing up along the way, but always recoverable stuff. Promoted into management 5 years ago, then into senior management.

I have a good work ethic, positive outlook, and am pretty good at a lot of things, so when I got fired for the first time, as the head of engineering at a startup, it took me by surprise. I did everything right, and still got fired. No coaching or concerns, just fired. The rest of my team was let go shortly after.

Took this opportunity to enjoy my nest egg and spend some time with the wife and family, but I fail terribly when it comes to taking it easy. I just love building things.

To that end, I've started a couple of companies. Stoa Logistics, a company building a better Order Management System, and Pine Creek, a custom development shop focusing on building startups' visions. You can think of it as having a plot of land that you're building on, and having a construction company as well.

I was introduced to this forum and books by a random recommendation for The Millionaire Fast Lane on Audible while I was at the gym. Had a free credit, so I figured, "What the hell? Why not?" Turned out to be a great book, and I'm now working my way through Unscripted .

Looking forward to meeting all of you. I love the entrepreneurial mindset and hope to meet other like-minded people.

- Josh
:bicep:
Sounds like you have the type of drive and work ethic that will make failure impossible.

Welcome!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...