The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An Introduction - A lot can change in 4 years!

Ueno

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,000%
Sep 11, 2021
Hello, my name is Ueno.

I am a 31 year old man living in the UK, and I've been on the path to financial freedom and abundance for the past 4 years, and I'd like to share my story in the hopes that others can learn from it.

I was Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when I was 21 years old, and for the next 6 years until May 2018, I lived exactly as I had since I was a young teenager. Lots of drinking, smoking weed and tobacco, partying, and plenty of videogames too! By the age of 27 I was fat, skint and my mental health wasn't good. One day I had a medical emergency due to bad diabetes care that really traumatised me, and a few days later (unrelated) I took LSD for the first time. I had a revelation on LSD where I saw myself from an outsiders perspective, and I realised I needed to change.

I had stopped smoking, drinking, and doing drugs by June (although it was very difficult for the next few months, I still fantasise about smoking even today), and I improved my diet and diabetes control drastically.

Great. Now what?

I knew I was on some sort of path, and it was the first time in my life I actually decided what I wanted to do. It was first time that I really began to exercise my true will, as is the right of every man and woman on this planet. I decided what I wanted was: Money, sex and power as well as to be generous, kind, honest, and an inspiration to those around me. I also decided I wanted to create something that millions would enjoy, and contribute to humanity.

The next day I found a video on Youtube called The Strangest Secret which I'm sure you've all aware of at this point. It inspired me to set a goal, which was to make at least £1000 in passive income every month, and a time limit to hit that goal which was 30/08/21, my 30th Birthday which was 3 years and 2 months away. I wrote it on a card and put it in my wallet, and looked at it every day.

Anyway I threw myself at my goal and began reading, learning, and experimenting. I read think and grow rich, the science of getting rich, how to win friends and influence people, the 48 laws of power etc, and they empowered me even more! I started my first little businesses, which were print on demand - I make a design, someone else prints it and ships it and takes a cut, that sort of thing. In June 2018 I got my first payout... of 77p!

1662839370041.png

For the next 3 years I worked hard and consistently with what free time I had, on print on demand and dropshipping. I began to taste success as I started making a few hundred pounds a month. People were buying my products, and it was almost entirely passive income! In the height of this period I was hiring designers to make the designs, and I spent all my time dropshipping the products anywhere I could. To this day I still have over 2000 designs uploaded on a variety of dropshipping platforms. I also began to invest my profits heavily in projects that I believed could go 10x or more, but also in index funds and 'safer' investments too.

Please bear in mind I did have a few failed ideas and ventures in this time period, I started a business converting VHS videos to DVD, I started working on a referral survey site, and I tried a different style of print on demand using a program to auto upload my designs. These ventures failed.

It's important to note that throughout this period, I was still working 5 days a week at a Day Centre for adults with learning disabilities, a job which I sincerely loved, but it wasn't well paid at all. I chose to drop to 3 days a week at the end of December 2020 in order to pursue my personal goals harder than ever before. I started my first Amazon and Etsy store, and it was slow going at first., but sales began to pick up... but I was running out of time to reach my goal. I had 8 months left.

And then... In June 2021:
IMG-20210705-WA0033.jpeg

I had my first £1000 passive income month! It was the first of many it turned out.

After I hit my goal my success continued and I was comfortably making £1k+ a month passively. I decided to 'ease up' a little and pursue a creative hobby that I'd been interested in for a while: making a videogame. It was also around this time I read the Millionaire Fastlane .

Then, in November of 2021 one of my investments came through, and I turned an investment of £8k into £109k. (Yes it was crypto XD)

1662840783582.png

Now here we are on the 10th of September 2022, my Amazon and Etsy businesses are thriving and my drop shipping still keeps going month after month. Designs I made and uploaded 4 years ago still make me hundreds a month, passively, to this day. Plus to my great surprise, the indie video game I've been making has been doing... pretty good! It's had over 1 Million players, and, although it's not passive income, I'm enjoying it a lot, and the extra income is tasty.

1662841521583.png

This brings me to the reason I've decided to join the Fastlane forum. After ten years working in a place I've loved, I'm going to quit my job... and it's a really big deal for me. Okay, I've made a nice chunk of change but for me to really hit the Fastlane, I know quitting is the next step.

I've found that I've mentally checked out of work. Where I was once a leader and organiser (but not paid for it!), I now take a back seat and go through the motions. I've also developed a disdain for stupid work/colleague bullshit, and I don't like being told what to do by people who don't know better than me. My time is precious, and I can't give it away for £9.50 an hour any more, just because I've done it for ten years and I love working with my disabled students. I need room and time to really grow and thrive and to do exactly as I please.

So that's where I am today. I haven't set a new goal yet. I'm going to complete my videogame by the end of this year-ish and then decide on my next goal, and it will be a big one. (Please be assured that even though I haven't set my goal, my overarching wants still stand, and I hustle hard with all my businesses every single day XD)

I hand my notice in on Monday.

Thanks for reading, nice to meet you all.
- Ueno

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WellWallet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Mar 6, 2019
Hello, my name is Ueno.

I am a 31 year old man living in the UK, and I've been on the path to financial freedom and abundance for the past 4 years, and I'd like to share my story in the hopes that others can learn from it.

I was Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when I was 21 years old, and for the next 6 years until May 2018, I lived exactly as I had since I was a young teenager. Lots of drinking, smoking weed and tobacco, partying, and plenty of videogames too! By the age of 27 I was fat, skint and my mental health wasn't good. One day I had a medical emergency due to bad diabetes care that really traumatised me, and a few days later (unrelated) I took LSD for the first time. I had a revelation on LSD where I saw myself from an outsiders perspective, and I realised I needed to change.

I had stopped smoking, drinking, and doing drugs by June (although it was very difficult for the next few months, I still fantasise about smoking even today), and I improved my diet and diabetes control drastically.

Great. Now what?

I knew I was on some sort of path, and it was the first time in my life I actually decided what I wanted to do. It was first time that I really began to exercise my true will, as is the right of every man and woman on this planet. I decided what I wanted was: Money, sex and power as well as to be generous, kind, honest, and an inspiration to those around me. I also decided I wanted to create something that millions would enjoy, and contribute to humanity.

The next day I found a video on Youtube called The Strangest Secret which I'm sure you've all aware of at this point. It inspired me to set a goal, which was to make at least £1000 in passive income every month, and a time limit to hit that goal which was 30/08/21, my 30th Birthday which was 3 years and 2 months away. I wrote it on a card and put it in my wallet, and looked at it every day.

Anyway I threw myself at my goal and began reading, learning, and experimenting. I read think and grow rich, the science of getting rich, how to win friends and influence people, the 48 laws of power etc, and they empowered me even more! I started my first little businesses, which were print on demand - I make a design, someone else prints it and ships it and takes a cut, that sort of thing. In June 2018 I got my first payout... of 77p!

View attachment 45106

For the next 3 years I worked hard and consistently with what free time I had, on print on demand and dropshipping. I began to taste success as I started making a few hundred pounds a month. People were buying my products, and it was almost entirely passive income! In the height of this period I was hiring designers to make the designs, and I spent all my time dropshipping the products anywhere I could. To this day I still have over 2000 designs uploaded on a variety of dropshipping platforms. I also began to invest my profits heavily in projects that I believed could go 10x or more, but also in index funds and 'safer' investments too.

Please bear in mind I did have a few failed ideas and ventures in this time period, I started a business converting VHS videos to DVD, I started working on a referral survey site, and I tried a different style of print on demand using a program to auto upload my designs. These ventures failed.

It's important to note that throughout this period, I was still working 5 days a week at a Day Centre for adults with learning disabilities, a job which I sincerely loved, but it wasn't well paid at all. I chose to drop to 3 days a week at the end of December 2020 in order to pursue my personal goals harder than ever before. I started my first Amazon and Etsy store, and it was slow going at first., but sales began to pick up... but I was running out of time to reach my goal. I had 8 months left.

View attachment 45108

I had my first £1000 passive income month! It was the first of many it turned out.

After I hit my goal my success continued and I was comfortably making £1k+ a month passively. I decided to 'ease up' a little and pursue a creative hobby that I'd been interested in for a while: making a videogame. It was also around this time I read the Millionaire Fastlane .

Then, in November of 2021 one of my investments came through, and I turned an investment of £8k into £109k. (Yes it was crypto XD)

View attachment 45109

Now here we are on the 10th of September 2022, my Amazon and Etsy businesses are thriving and my drop shipping still keeps going month after month. Designs I made and uploaded 4 years ago still make me hundreds a month, passively, to this day. Plus to my great surprise, the indie video game I've been making has been doing... pretty good! It's had over 1 Million players, and, although it's not passive income, I'm enjoying it a lot, and the extra income is tasty.

View attachment 45110

This brings me to the reason I've decided to join the Fastlane forum. After ten years working in a place I've loved, I'm going to quit my job... and it's a really big deal for me. Okay, I've made a nice chunk of change but for me to really hit the Fastlane, I know quitting is the next step.

I've found that I've mentally checked out of work. Where I was once a leader and organiser (but not paid for it!), I now take a back seat and go through the motions. I've also developed a disdain for stupid work/colleague bullshit, and I don't like being told what to do by people who don't know better than me. My time is precious, and I can't give it away for £9.50 an hour any more, just because I've done it for ten years and I love working with my disabled students. I need room and time to really grow and thrive and to do exactly as I please.

So that's where I am today. I haven't set a new goal yet. I'm going to complete my videogame by the end of this year-ish and then decide on my next goal, and it will be a big one. (Please be assured that even though I haven't set my goal, my overarching wants still stand, and I hustle hard with all my businesses every single day XD)

- Ueno
This is amazing! Congratulations to you. Just goes to slow that consistent, determined progress pays off! Good for you for handing in your notice on Monday, too! Sounds like you enjoyed (and were good at!) the job while it served you. Now it's time for bigger and better things. Kudos and please keep us posted!

Ueno

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,000%
Sep 11, 2021
WOW you've done some amazing stuff already! what's your video game?
It's a sandbox style dating sim game with a unique twist. I cant give out many more details without revealing what it is, and I don't want to do that right now. I sell it on itch.io and then people sub to my patreon.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome intro, love stories like this!

It might be cliche, but we underestimate the amount of BIG change that we can achieve in a few short years, but overestimate the weeks and months.

derraf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 7, 2022
Brazil
Hello, my name is Ueno.

Great. Now what?

View attachment 45106

View attachment 45108

View attachment 45109

View attachment 45110

- Ueno

Fascinating history, Ueno! Thanks for sharing it.

If you don't mind talking about it, how did you start with your print-on-demand side hustle? Did you know how to draw beforehand or hire a freelancer?

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Hello, my name is Ueno.

Great. Now what?

View attachment 45106

View attachment 45108

View attachment 45109

View attachment 45110

- Ueno
Thank You. Your story was very inspiring and made me think about what I call the "quitting paradox".

The premise to this is that we all have two main " decision making centers" in our body. The head and the gut ( or heart).

Usually our head is more conservative and prudent. It make us think about the consequence of our action in the long term. Then , there's the gut. The gut doesn'y care, all she wats is to take action NOW. It can build or it can destroy.

It happened to me that quitting anything that other people would consider insane to quit, going against what my head was telling me, was the biggest step towards my success.

You see, we all have 24 hours in the day, so to truly find what we like to do we need to make a leap of faith, Quitting what make us safe, both ecOnomically and psychologically, in order to have enough time to realize what Our mission is and act towards it.

Wanna start your own company?

Wanna change job ?

Wanna make that big trip?

Well, in order to do this You need to realize that fear of unknown is holding You back.

Get out of Your compoft zone, quit what doesn't make you satisfied and work towards Your dreams!

Cheers

Davide

Ueno

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,000%
Sep 11, 2021
Fascinating history, Ueno! Thanks for sharing it.

If you don't mind talking about it, how did you start with your print-on-demand side hustle? Did you know how to draw beforehand or hire a freelancer?
I made some very simple text based designs, and then I also made some 'funny' designs using royalty free images .After that I hired somebody from reddit r/slavelabor board!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...