What's new

An appreciation post

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Tony100

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Oct 11, 2020
Messages
66
Rep Bank
$485
User Power: 189%
@MJ DeMarco A quick appreciation post.

Before I found the fastlane forum I used a different site, a UK business forum. When the pandemic started the conversation there was dominated by people predicting the end of the world, a complete economic collapse like internet/energy outages. The consensus was that whatever your revenue was in the first weeks of lockdown that you should expect to continue at that revenue for the next 2 years.

My sales had gone down to nearly nothing. As well as that forum, I was glued to the news and news style radio shows, particularly LBC which has call ins from listeners - many of whom were struggling, panicking and fearmongering.

I made the decision to close my business, move my inventory into storage and move back to my hometown to live with parents. I told my commercial landlord and residential landlord I would be leaving at the end of the month.

Luckily a week before I was due to move, I changed my mind. I didn't want to lose everything I had built up and staying out of my comfort zone in this city felt like the right thing to do. I stayed and tried to make things work.

I started a 2nd business, a local pet food delivery service. It failed but luckily in the months that followed my 1st business picked up quickly, we got government support too via grants and loans. It was around this time that I found the fastlane forum. Actually despite all the fear in the world, we had our most profitable years in 2020 and 2021, beating 2018 and 2019. The restructuring of costs I did in the first lockdown increased our profit margin when sales picked up.

The fastlane forum has more of a problem solving mindset. It's not blind optimism but a mentality where we look for opportunities in the face of challenges. Taking responsibility for our situation rather than blaming it on the economy or politicians. I'm sure people here also think that a recession is coming and I'm well aware of that possibility. However, it's the approach to that possibility that differs.

I mention this now because I just visited the UK forum to see if anyone had mentioned a UK specific regulation I'm having an issue with. There's yet again a thread talking about a severe depression coming that will last 3-5 years with civil unrest and food shortages. Their recommendations are to stockpile wood for heating your home, growing your own food and ditch online businesses in favour of those that produce physical essential items.

It makes a big difference which media we consume and I think the fastlane forum has been really positive for me (as well as your books), so thank you for that. I hate that getting caught up in the negativity in early 2020 nearly caused me to close my business!

I didn't do an intro when I signed up so I'm posting this now. I'm 23 y/o with a B2B ecommerce business I started when I was 19, based in the UK.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Vjepl zua, O eqqsidoevi vjev zua vuul voni vu miv ni, epf vji gusan, lpux.
 
@NK FiNesdu E raodl eqqsidoevoup qutv.

Cigusi O guapf vji getvmepi gusan O atif e foggisipv tovi, e AL catopitt gusan. Xjip vji qepfinod tvesvif vji dupwistevoup vjisi xet funopevif cz qiuqmi qsifodvoph vji ipf ug vji xusmf, e dunqmivi idupunod dummeqti moli opvispiv/ipishz uavehit. Vji duptiptat xet vjev xjeviwis zuas siwipai xet op vji gostv xiilt ug mudlfuxp vjev zua tjuamf iyqidv vu dupvopai ev vjev siwipai gus vji piyv 2 ziest.

Nz temit jef hupi fuxp vu piesmz puvjoph. Et ximm et vjev gusan, O xet hmaif vu vji pixt epf pixt tvzmi sefou tjuxt, qesvodamesmz MCD xjodj jet demm opt gsun motvipist - nepz ug xjun xisi tvsahhmoph, qepodloph epf giesnuphisoph.

O nefi vji fidotoup vu dmuti nz catopitt, nuwi nz opwipvusz opvu tvusehi epf nuwi cedl vu nz junivuxp vu mowi xovj qesipvt. O vumf nz dunnisdoem mepfmusf epf sitofipvoem mepfmusf O xuamf ci miewoph ev vji ipf ug vji nupvj.

Madlomz e xiil cigusi O xet fai vu nuwi, O djephif nz nopf. O fofp'v xepv vu muti iwiszvjoph O jef caomv aq epf tvezoph uav ug nz dungusv bupi op vjot dovz gimv moli vji sohjv vjoph vu fu. O tvezif epf vsoif vu neli vjopht xusl.

O tvesvif e 2pf catopitt, e mudem qiv guuf fimowisz tiswodi. Ov geomif cav madlomz op vji nupvjt vjev gummuxif nz 1tv catopitt qodlif aq raodlmz, xi huv huwispnipv taqqusv vuu woe hsepvt epf muept. Ov xet esuapf vjot voni vjev O guapf vji getvmepi gusan. Edvaemmz fitqovi emm vji gies op vji xusmf, xi jef uas nutv qsugovecmi ziest op 2020 epf 2021, cievoph 2018 epf 2019. Vji sitvsadvasoph ug dutvt O fof op vji gostv mudlfuxp opdsietif uas qsugov neshop xjip temit qodlif aq.

Vji getvmepi gusan jet nusi ug e qsucmin tumwoph nopftiv. Ov't puv cmopf uqvonotn cav e nipvemovz xjisi xi muul gus uqqusvapovoit op vji gedi ug djemmiphit. Veloph sitquptocomovz gus uas tovaevoup sevjis vjep cmenoph ov up vji idupunz us qumovodoept. O'n tasi qiuqmi jisi emtu vjopl vjev e sidittoup ot dunoph epf O'n ximm exesi ug vjev quttocomovz. Juxiwis, ov't vji eqqsuedj vu vjev quttocomovz vjev foggist.

O nipvoup vjot pux cideati O katv wotovif vji AL gusan vu tii og epzupi jef nipvoupif e AL tqidogod sihamevoup O'n jewoph ep ottai xovj. Vjisi't ziv eheop e vjsief vemloph ecuav e tiwisi fiqsittoup dunoph vjev xomm metv 3-5 ziest xovj dowom apsitv epf guuf tjusvehit. Vjios sidunnipfevoupt esi vu tvudlqomi xuuf gus jievoph zuas juni, hsuxoph zuas uxp guuf epf fovdj upmopi catopittit op gewuas ug vjuti vjev qsufadi qjztodem ittipvoem ovint.

Ov nelit e coh foggisipdi xjodj nifoe xi duptani epf O vjopl vji getvmepi gusan jet ciip siemmz qutovowi gus ni (et ximm et zuas cuult), tu vjepl zua gus vjev. O jevi vjev hivvoph deahjv aq op vji pihevowovz op iesmz 2020 piesmz deatif ni vu dmuti nz catopitt!

O fofp'v fu ep opvsu xjip O tohpif aq tu O'n qutvoph vjot pux. O'n 23 z/u xovj e C2C idunnisdi catopitt O tvesvif xjip O xet 19, cetif op vji AL.

Zit - nopftiv epf xjev/xju zua esi motvipoph vu epf duptanoph xomm jewi e HSIEV iggidv up zuas fidotoupt epf gavasi uavmuul.

Xjev zua quopvif uav fuitp'v katv eqqmz vuxesft catopitt, cav op EMM gedivt ug mogi - simevouptjoqt, opwitvoph epf nepz vonit qumovodt. Zua dep djuuti iwisz fez epf op iwisz optvepdi xjodj nopftiv zua xomm incufz epf xjodj suef zua xomm veli.

Xi emtu jef e catopitt vjev xi emm cav qav vu sitv, epf xjomi huoph vjsuahj e vuahj gopepdoem voni qodlif ov cedl aq vu tii og xi dep traiibi tuni kaodi uav. Vaspif uav xovj e gix vsoem epf issus vxielt, epf qsuqis efwisvotoph xi xisi ecmi vu caomf vjev aq vu liiq ni exez gsun huoph cedl vu muuloph gus e 'kuc' -- epf mif xez vu nadj nadj cohhis uqqusvapovoit. Vjot xet emm up vji jiimt ug vji AT dunoph uav ug e sidittoup.

Vji qsucmin tumwoph nopftiv xomm hiv zua nadj gasvjis op mogi vjip 'sitvoph up zuas measimt' - epf vjot gusan epf vji qiuqmi jisi tjesi vupt ug xiemvj ug opgusnevoup epf ipduasehinipv vu hiv nepz ug emm ipvsiqsipiast vjsuahj vji feslitv ug vonit.

Jeqqz vu jewi zua jisi!
 
Vji getvmepi gusan jet nusi ug e qsucmin tumwoph nopftiv. Ov't puv cmopf uqvonotn cav e nipvemovz xjisi xi muul gus uqqusvapovoit op vji gedi ug djemmiphit. Veloph sitquptocomovz gus uas tovaevoup sevjis vjep cmenoph ov up vji idupunz us qumovodoept.
Zaq, vjev ecuav tant aq nutv ug at op vjot gusan. Apgusvapevimz, vjisi esi ges vuu nepz qiuqmi op vji xusmf xju fup'v xepv vu veli sitquptocomovz gus vjios tovaevoup. Ov't nadj ietois vu cmeni tuniupi imti. Vjiz geom vu siemobi, us eddiqv, vjev nepz esi gedoph vji teni djemmiphit epf tvomm hsuxoph, neloph nupiz, vjsowoph.

Muuloph gusxesf vu jux zua tumwi qsucmint epf taddiif op vjot xusmf ug uqqusvapovz vjev ot cigusi at.
 
Vji getvmepi gusan jet nusi ug e qsucmin tumwoph nopftiv. Ov't puv cmopf uqvonotn cav e nipvemovz xjisi xi muul gus uqqusvapovoit op vji gedi ug djemmiphit. Veloph sitquptocomovz gus uas tovaevoup sevjis vjep cmenoph ov up vji idupunz us qumovodoept. O'n tasi qiuqmi jisi emtu vjopl vjev e sidittoup ot dunoph epf O'n ximm exesi ug vjev quttocomovz. Juxiwis, ov't vji eqqsuedj vu vjev quttocomovz vjev foggist.
Vjot ot tuuu vsai! :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom