The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Amazon is not all doom and gloom

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
There has been, quite rightly, a lot of negative discussion about Amazon on the forum.

I thought I might generate some further discussion by posting this news from Amazon.

Amazon recently released their 2018 seller data and it's amazing! Over 50,000 vendors are each selling more than $500,000 per year in the Amazon marketplace!

How are they doing it? There are no specifics regarding who these vendors are, but 50,000 sure is a lot.

Is my surprise simply due to my ignorance?

Walter

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
Walter Hay

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
i bet their profit margins are very low.
With average people, selling average products, with average selling techniques that might be so, but for the above average that's not necessarily the case. To achieve that level of sales, the sellers must be reasonably astute.

I have often pointed out on the forum and in my book that profits begin with buying.

If you buy at the best prices, and you buy the right products, and present them in a way that draws the customers, you can get top dollar for your sales.

I never worried about competition. Selling B2B I sold at high prices, making big margins. Just as happens on Amazon and other eCommerce platforms, competitors sometimes tried to beat me on price, but failed.

They failed to appreciate that the whole marketing strategy is important, and price is one part only.

Walter

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Since the report is released by Amazon themselves, could it be fake news where they're trying to use this to entice more people to start selling on their platform?

Atu

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 23, 2019
Since the report is released by Amazon themselves, could it be fake news where they're trying to use this to entice more people to start selling on their platform?
Arguments:
  1. Amazon is a huge public company, they are being controlled, audited and looked at. It would be a huge risk for them to lie.
  2. Amazon is not even making money, only sells future dreams to new hordes of stock owners. They will lie to anyone.
Choose for yourself :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom