Hey everybody!
Heard the news that Amazon bought out Whole Foods yesterday, and I just bought a LOT of grocery store-like items from a company called iHerb (one of the ONLY U.S. companies that ships to China - my current location - without exorbitant shipping and import fees).
If you are a mom & pop shop that sells groceries or a refrigerated product, how do you compete? How do you pivot into the online industry?
I was specifically thinking about the shipping costs of refrigerated items like fruits, flowers, yogurt, etc.
I looked at the FedEx Cold Shipping and the smallest box is $46 (?!?).
Even though, I know, you can make the consumer pay the shipping cost - the price would be massive if you're doing B2C. And you're a mom & pop, so you have yet scaled your business to handle the volume of B2B.
Does anyone know how companies sell refrigerated products, B2C, without making the buyer choke over the price of shipping?
And I think we've all been in the situation where you will have $100 worth of products in your Amazon cart, you're ready to place your order, but you will pause and scoff at the $7 shipping.
Heard the news that Amazon bought out Whole Foods yesterday, and I just bought a LOT of grocery store-like items from a company called iHerb (one of the ONLY U.S. companies that ships to China - my current location - without exorbitant shipping and import fees).
If you are a mom & pop shop that sells groceries or a refrigerated product, how do you compete? How do you pivot into the online industry?
I was specifically thinking about the shipping costs of refrigerated items like fruits, flowers, yogurt, etc.
I looked at the FedEx Cold Shipping and the smallest box is $46 (?!?).
Even though, I know, you can make the consumer pay the shipping cost - the price would be massive if you're doing B2C. And you're a mom & pop, so you have yet scaled your business to handle the volume of B2B.
Does anyone know how companies sell refrigerated products, B2C, without making the buyer choke over the price of shipping?
And I think we've all been in the situation where you will have $100 worth of products in your Amazon cart, you're ready to place your order, but you will pause and scoff at the $7 shipping.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
