The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazing fastlane story! - From poor immigrant to multimillionaire

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Netprofit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
.[video=youtube;WKw4ivve9tU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKw4ivve9tU[/video]

See this amazing fastlane story with Robert Herjavec that built a multi-million dollar company (BRAK Systems) that was later sold to AT&T for 100 million dollars.
Coming as a poor immigrant from Croatia to Canada and having nothing, shows that you can come far with passion and dedication!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
I always ask myself, is there something inside people like this that i don't have? Unbelievable amount of wealth.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great Fastlane story.

(And 1/2 million Diablo Roadster? I didn't see any Diablo, I saw a Gallardo)

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
I always ask myself, is there something inside people like this that i don't have?
Stop seeing it like that.

"If you look up to wealthy people like they are gods, you will not become wealthy."

They are there to inspire you, but they aren't super humans.

They take a crap, like the rest of us. They are just a man or a woman with a personality, some have a similiar personality like yourself, and they found a way to make money... and now they are living a good life.

Like this guy. For example. Great story.

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
This is f****** inspirational.
"I didn't want to be wealthy somewhere in my lifetime - I wanted to be wealthy in a timeframe where I would be young enough to enjoy it."

The Intrepid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2011
This is the same guy from the "Shark Tank" on ABC(?)!

The Intrepid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2011
His summer home is on Fisher Island, that's serious!

affy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 10, 2011
His story is actually one of the first ones that lit the entrepreneurship fire inside of me. Maybe it because his story is pretty similar to mine; immigrant family moves to Toronto with nothing and their son becomes a multimillionaire (I'm working on the latter as we speak :)) I know he had the same spark that I currently possess, and he speaks about the 'chip on his shoulder' growing up that almost everyone who grows up in poverty has. The difference is that he did something about it and didn't stay idle or hope that something would magically happen to change his situation. He even talks about thinking almost quitting college (which I nearly did a few years ago) because I'm sure he knew inherently that he didn't want to lead a slow lane life of pushing numbers for someone else.

I always wondered how guys like Robert built their wealth in highly specialized areas seemingly fast (he was 26 when he started, his exit was in his early 30s). Here's a guy who had a degree in English, no formal education in engineering or technology and he built a two $100+ million tech companies.

He knew what he wanted so he went out and got a sales job at IBM (I think I read that somewhere) that paid him nothing (unpaid work term for 'experience'). He took it because he had an exit strategy, he didn't want to make IBM his career, he wanted to learn as much as he could about tech sales so he could start his own company.

What I get most from guys like Robert H and other entrepreneurs who were in no way experts in their fields when they began is if you don't know how, LEARN HOW.

Netprofit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
His story is actually one of the first ones that lit the entrepreneurship fire inside of me. Maybe it because his story is pretty similar to mine; immigrant family moves to Toronto with nothing and their son becomes a multimillionaire (I'm working on the latter as we speak :)) I know he had the same spark that I currently possess, and he speaks about the 'chip on his shoulder' growing up that almost everyone who grows up in poverty has. The difference is that he did something about it and didn't stay idle or hope that something would magically happen to change his situation. He even talks about thinking about quitting college (which I also did a few years ago) because I'm sure he knew inherently that he didn't want to lead a slow lane life of pushing numbers for someone else.

I always wondered how guys like Robert built their wealth in highly specialized areas seemingly fast (he was 26 when he started, his exit was in his early 30s). Here's a guy who had a degree in English, no formal education in engineering or technology and he built a two $100+ million tech companies.

He knew what he wanted so he went out and got a sales job at IBM (I think I read that somewhere) that paid him nothing (unpaid work term for 'experience'). He took it because he had an exit strategy, he didn't want to make IBM his career, he wanted to learn as much as he could about tech sales so he could start his own company.

What I get most from guys like Robert H and other entrepreneurs who were in no way experts in their fields when they began is if you don't know how, LEARN HOW.

I can recommend you to buy his book, it's called "Driven"

affy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 10, 2011
I can recommend you to buy his book, it's called "Driven"

I didn't even know he wrote a book. Thanks so much, I love reading rags to riches stories of incredible people.

I just finished MJ's book and put it up there with "How To Get Rich" by Felix Denis for its blunt honesty and truthful portrayal on how get real financial freedom. I hope Roberts book is as good.

This forum is great!

USCguy09

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 30, 2011
This is the same guy from the "Shark Tank" on ABC(?)!

i knew i noticed this guy from somewhere. i saw shark tank a couple times. thought it was an interesting show.

And i loled at the half million Lamborghini statement. you can buy like 4 gallardos for half a mill now a days.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
He is living my dream for sure. I hope that I can achieve a level of success that allows me to teach it to others. I would love to start a VC fund or become an entrepreneurship teacher. Everybody these days seems to hate the rich but the reality is that there are countless wealth individuals like Robert Herjavec that are using their achievements to help others to achieve greatness.

deSeingalt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Sep 16, 2011
Cliffs?
Dont feel like watching another millionaires 10 million dollar house brag.
What did he do and how?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.