The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am i looking at the right place?

Anything related to matters of the mind

VIVEKSINGHJADONS

VSJ
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Sep 18, 2018
India
Hi everyone,

So here I am looking for ideas. Ideas camouflaged in problems and difficulties. But the problems and difficulties which I am looking at are related to the general public including me which are more social in nature. I don't know that solving these problems will be in my scope or not. Also, these problems have limited geographical area i.e my city. Maybe some of the problems seem frivolous to most of the people but they are a reality in this part of the world. So I am listing a few problems here:

1. Potholes in the roads:- Here in my city or I can say that in my state potholes are everywhere. The local administration tried to repair them all the time but it is a persistent problem here.

2.Traffic Signals:- People here still don't follow traffic lights. The main reason is the non-functionality of the traffic lights. I don't remember when was the last time traffic signals function properly in ten days in a row. Traffic is a real mess here.

3. Pollution:- There are few local water bodies in my city. Some of them are situated in a populated area while some are in outskirts of the city. These water bodies are polluted to their last limit. People here are so ignorant that they threw garbage in these water bodies. Artificial lakes situated in the city are somewhat safe because of local administration but lakes outside the city are so polluted that water in them stinks. People threw garbage packed in polybags in these lakes. It is somewhat complicated because it is related to religion.

4. Higher Education:- It is a common practice among students here to not attend the classes regularly. I am talking about nursing education where the practice is of utmost importance. Students took the admission in any of the Institute, pay the fee and then never join the classes. They directly appear at the time of examinations. Although all the institutes are not involved in such practices, but yes the majority of them are. I am afraid what will be the future of education here?

These are the few problems/difficulties which I am observing. Maybe they are not at all related to business opportunities but still, they are real problems. So, please advise me am I looking at the wrong place? Or I am more concerned about social problems?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
It’s possible that that local authorities operate differently in different parts of the world, but from my perspective the first 2 are definitely local government (potholes) and main roads (traffic lights) issues, and sound like are just being poorly managed. This is most likely an under funding issue, and not likely something that a third party supplier will likely get a look in to try and rectify.

Local water pollution is different, if you can pitch a successful / more cost effective solution, I can see local authorities contracting this work out.

Education is another opportunity, assuming you feel like you can provide a more engaging course that will encourage more regular attendance, and you can get proper accreditation as an education supplier in that sector!

Hope this helps!

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Besides what @Davejemmolly said, those problems are more of social problems.

Or people might even not perceive them as problems.

Take lakes you describe for example. Do people in your city think that there is a problem with pollution?

If you'd want to solve this problem you'd have to educate people first.

Something like - "Did you know that plastic bags in lake pollute ground waters with nitric oxide that cause cancer in kids?"

(I don't know if plastic bags do that so don't quote me ;) )

Anyway, its good start that you focus on problems.

VIVEKSINGHJADONS

VSJ
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Sep 18, 2018
India
It’s possible that that local authorities operate differently in different parts of the world, but from my perspective the first 2 are definitely local government (potholes) and main roads (traffic lights) issues, and sound like are just being poorly managed. This is most likely an under funding issue, and not likely something that a third party supplier will likely get a look in to try and rectify.

Local water pollution is different, if you can pitch a successful / more cost effective solution, I can see local authorities contracting this work out.

Education is another opportunity, assuming you feel like you can provide a more engaging course that will encourage more regular attendance, and you can get proper accreditation as an education supplier in that sector!

Hope this helps!
Thanks , that’s definitely provides more clarity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

VIVEKSINGHJADONS

VSJ
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Sep 18, 2018
India
Besides what @Davejemmolly said, those problems are more of social problems.

Or people might even not perceive them as problems.

Take lakes you describe for example. Do people in your city think that there is a problem with pollution?

If you'd want to solve this problem you'd have to educate people first.

Something like - "Did you know that plastic bags in lake pollute ground waters with nitric oxide that cause cancer in kids?"

(I don't know if plastic bags do that so don't quote me ;) )

Anyway, its good start that you focus on problems.
There’s the possibility of not considering them problmes in first place and which in turn is problem in itself.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.