• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Is this the right place for me?

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Hester, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Hester

Hester New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $31
    So I read the books. Stumbled upon the first one by coincidence and I found it so inspirational that I read 'Unscripted' as well. It made me think about my business (actually more a job in Fastlane terms) in a different way.

I am a naturopath, living and working in my brick and mortar practice since 2007. Since last year I have been specializing in fertility problems and have great succes with my clients. Don't want to brag but the percentage of women falling pregnant with my methods far surpasses that of IVF clinics.

I love my job, I love working with my clients. The down parts are of course; time prostitution, limited fee I can ask per hour (I am reimbursed by insurance), the paperwork for the insurances, it's tiring to see a lot of clients per day.

So I read the books, trying to figure out if there was a way to make my job/business (I am independent) more fastlane. And there actually is: most women could do without me if I would explain exactly what and how to release their blocks to pregnancy and how to get their body in top fertile shape within three months.

I could create a video course with weekly assigments, a process to follow. I know exactly how and what, I have been doing this one on one.

And I could only take the difficult cases (I already do also Skype/Zoom sessions) for which I would charge more.

Where I am a bit in the dark is all the techical things (how to make these videos, which platforms to use, the testing and the marketing.. I don't do any marketing whatsoever right now, people come to me by referral only).

So I don't know if this forum is the right place for me. I am not much of an entrepreneur, am quite flower power, so this is a bit of a mindshift...
    I don't know if I could even give advice to anyone else (although for the openminded, the creation of a business is very much to me like the creation of a child, you need fertile ground and you can create that by your actions and emotions).

Thank you for reading this till the end!

Sheens, RazorCut and MJ DeMarco like this.
  2. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,978
    Welcome Hester,

As I was reading your story my mind was jumping one step ahead on each point and then seeing you had come to the same conclusion on the next paragraph.

I take it that your main work is concerned with diet, herbalism? Stress relief ? No hands on requirements like acupuncture or Bowen Therapy etc.. so it would lend itself well to a course.

I'm currently building out an online course. You can either host the content on your own website or use third party companies who do all the technical stuff for you and ensure that everything runs smoothly.

Take a look at teachable as a hosting platform.

There are plenty of video tutorials online. You will need a quality mic but they aren't very expensive and if you don't have a video camera you could use your smartphone if it is up to the mark and record the sound separately to sync later or purchase something a little more suitable that will allow you to connect the microphone to.

MustImprove and Hester like this.
  3. Hester

Rep Bank:
    $31
    Thank you, will take a look at teachable, am also looking into kajabi. A bit nervous about the whole thing (out of my comfort zone) but also exited. Yes, I use diet, herbs, stress relief and hypnotherapy. I actually should test the whole course out if it will work when 'impersonal'..

RazorCut likes this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,114
    Admin Post
    Score! Congrats!

Entrepreneurship is a learned skill. And if fertility is your focus, that's quite a large market. You could definitely create a side business to supplement your job, which btw, you already love. You've won half the game.

Welcome to the forum!

Hester and cautiouscapy like this.
  5. cautiouscapy

cautiouscapy Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $746
    I wonder if you can see possibilities in parts of the business model this hypnotherapist uses? It's not a perfect example for you, but she came into my mind.

https://www.marisapeer.com/

When I watch her talks, I WANT what she's offering...but she clearly only works one-to-one with the very rich.
    See her other offerings.
    (I'm not necessarily saying you need to do stand-up talks like she does - but your videos will serve the same purpose).

Don't think that as a Naturopath you can't make a lot of money for moral reasons (I think you feel this when you say you are "Flower Power"?
    You can help more people. By being an entreprener. Here are your "price points"; and "sales funnel"; Some people will upgrade from a cheaper one to a more expensive one:

Very low cost - write a book. Look at Mr DeMarco's books, self-published.
    Low cost - your online courses.
    For the better off - one-to-one by Skype.
    For the very rich - consult with you face-to-face.

Hester likes this.
  6. Hester

Rep Bank:
    $31

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.